High Tension Abdominoplasty with Lipo Abd/flanks - Eugene, OR

I am a 39 year old mother of four. 13, 11, 9, and...

I am a 39 year old mother of four. 13, 11, 9, and 6. The first three were vaginal births and the fourth was a c/s as I was a gestational diabetic, he was very big, and frank breech. I am 5'2" and have weighed between 135-145 for 20 years. I have a super short waist so every pregnancy popped out as if I were carrying multiples. The last two were about 9# each and my skin never recovered. I have stretch marks from under my breasts all the way to my thighs. And my flabby floppy belly skin is nauseating, hanging over my c/s scar. I have hated my body for years and always hide behind baggy shirts. I have petite arms and legs so I look like a marshmallow with pretzels sticks. Gross.

I talked to many friends who had PS and they all recommended this PS. My brother-in-law is a general surgeon and also said he would be his first choice if his wife were to need surgery. And finally, my PS first went to Harvard dental school and became on oral and maxilofacial surgeon, then returned to Harvard to become a Plastic surgeon. My husband is a dentist and said this doctor would have even greater attention to detail because he began his career fixing precise problems.

I have told my closest friends that the most humbling thing I have done is stand in front of the PS while he took pictures of the body that I loathe so much. You know that you are strong enough to go through the surgery if you can make it through the photo session. Nothing worse than bending over so your disgusting skin hangs down for the camera to capture.

The PS's office has been wonderful through every moment. I even started getting panicky after reading a lot of googled info and my doc said to call him any time and HE would answer any questions I had.

I had my surgery at 7am on August 13. Even the anesthesiologists were great. I walked to the OR and said I was nervous. I have been a RN for 15 years and had seen some rough surgeries. The anesthetist said no worries, let's get you relaxed. O thought I was home dreaming in my bed and I opened my eyes and I was in recovery. That was awesome.

Recovery is tough. Way more uncomfortable than any c/s. Nevertheless, this is a choice that I am making to better my appearance. As moms and wives we take care of everyone else all day. This was very uncharacteristic of me which makes it even more special. We have the right to feel comfortable in our bodies... Thank you Lord for the ability to make this dream a reality.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Hi SValentine! Congratulations. I also had a wonderful experience 5 weeks ago. When I read your review, it reminded me of my body. 5'1, 3 kids with each one prompting people to ask me if I was carrying triplets. Needless to say, the impact on the body was huge. I hope you can already feel the strength returning to your body and abs! Happy healing, and take it easy. Ice is your friend. ;-)
Oh my gosh, when I read your post this morning, I no longer felt alone!! That is the same exact feeling in my thigh area! strangely numb yet very sore! I didn't even think it's because of the high tension abdominoplasty. Has to to be the reason. Also, I laughed out loud and my stomach hurt, when I read the part about you feeling like you're standing straight until you look in the mirror...that happened to me yesterday!!!
"We have the right to feel comfortable in our bodies.." Amen sister! I can't wait till I join the club :) Congrats on your surgery and happy and swift healing to ya!
Congratulations! You have made an awesome choice for you. I wish you the best. I had a tummy tuck/hernia repair on 6/28/12. It was the best decision of my life. I'm 8 weeks into recovery and feel wonderful.
Thanks, FitTammy. Cant wait until im 8 weeks out! Glad to hear you are feeling wonderful!!
SValentine. So excited for you to make this decision. You have done so much dedicated work, cant wait for you to reap the body that you have taken so much care in sowing!!