Inflamed, Red, Itchy, Blotchy Rash - Estero, FL

My decision is still out on laser, until my...

My decision is still out on laser, until my treatments are finished, I guess. The effect of the treatments is awesome. Only shaved once in between first two treatments. I just had my 3rd treatment to the bikini. The first one I did not use numbing cream (BLT) and it hurt like crazy!!! No reaction. The 2nd time and this time, I used BLT and I have ugly reactions. The 2nd time it was a blotchy rash but not inflamed and itchy like 3rd time. I am taking antihistamines and cortisone cream, along with ice. I am unsure whether this is a fungal infection, herpes, or just a histamine reaction. I am waiting!? Does anyone know why it would be worse in the 3rd treatment? Suggestions?

DO NOT use numbing cream, as a matter of fact, do not use anything, you must be clean....you are causing an inflammation to the skin with that, and then you're going to go to treatment that uses lasers at 70 degrees centigrade to heat up your hairs???! Too much heat in the skin = necrosis (ie: cell death) The laser is looking for melanin or darkness.....having cream on top is also going to be blocking the laser which is looking for that melanin, so the beam is being blocked by that and the beam will go more superficially on the skin so you will end up having a hot spot or burn. In QLD Australia you must have a laser safety certificate and a license in order to operate a class 4 laser like the gentlelase. If you don't even know what a wavelength or fluence is, that you should not be operating a laser.
Please help! I'm trying to decide to use the Candela GentleYag laser or the Paloma for hair removal for a brazilian. I'm getting mixed reviews. How do i decide?
If you mean area of redness after the laser session on blotchy manner. This redness is called perifollicular odema which means a good dose of laser has reached the desired target. It will subside during the day.

It was a groupon. $99 for SIX treatments!!