Inflamed, Red, Itchy, Blotchy Rash - Estero, FL

My decision is still out on laser, until my...

My decision is still out on laser, until my treatments are finished, I guess. The effect of the treatments is awesome. Only shaved once in between first two treatments. I just had my 3rd treatment to the bikini. The first one I did not use numbing cream (BLT) and it hurt like crazy!!! No reaction. The 2nd time and this time, I used BLT and I have ugly reactions. The 2nd time it was a blotchy rash but not inflamed and itchy like 3rd time. I am taking antihistamines and cortisone cream, along with ice. I am unsure whether this is a fungal infection, herpes, or just a histamine reaction. I am waiting!? Does anyone know why it would be worse in the 3rd treatment? Suggestions?

It was a groupon. $99 for SIX treatments!!

If you mean area of redness after the laser session on blotchy manner. This redness is called perifollicular odema which means a good dose of laser has reached the desired target. It will subside during the day.
It's called Erythema/edema. It's just your bodies histamine kicking in. Believe it or not but this is a good reaction, it means the heat has reached the hair follicle and you'll get a great result....I'm surprised your therapist did not educate you on this! Lol definitely not herpes!
The technician told me thats the follicles reacting to the trauma. Mine went away fairly quickly and i may be happening more because they usually raise the intensity each time you go. If it doesnt go away in a couple of days you may want to go back.
I have had two treatments to my underarms. Both were done without numbing cream and both times I have had this same blotchy, itchy rash as a reaction.

Oh my goodness, you poor thing. :( That looks like it would be really uncomfortable. I would encourage you to post this in the GentleLase Q&A section. Hopefully one of the board certified doctors that volunteers on RealSelf will be able to shed some light on what this is/is caused from.

Have you talked to either the person who did the treatment for you about it, or your regular doctor?