37 Year Old Mom of 4, 5’5", 124lbs, 34A to ?? - Encino, CA

I cannot believe this is actually going to happen!...

I cannot believe this is actually going to happen! I have wanted bigger boobs for more than 20 years – actually, maybe more like 30 years! I remember wearing a bathing suit under my clothes at 7 years old so I’d have something to stuff with toilet paper. But the boobs never came – just not in my genes. I’ve been a 32A to 34B my whole life. After breastfeeding four kids (first when I was 19 years old), including twins, and losing then gaining then losing the same 12 pounds in a year, I have sad little deflated boobies that are ready for a makeover. I did have a C/D cup when I was breastfeeding the twins. I loved it!! Since I’m done having kids and the twins are 7 now, I feel it’s time to finally get this done! 30 years of pads, water bras, push-ups, triple stuffing, and taping clothes, swim suits and bras to fit my chest is ENOUGH!

I actually gave up on the idea a few years ago. I just figured it would never happen, that it was too expensive and since I’m happily married I’ll just live with what I was dealt and leave it at that. But then my husband came home with a plastic surgeon’s business card a few months ago. It was given to him by one of his customers; the wife of a plastic surgeon. I carried that card around for a long time, and then after I researched the surgeon, I made a consult appointment. As I was driving to my consult, I was thinking “this is ridiculous, I’m not going to be able to do this…I have four kids to support, a house to run, a job to go to every day…I can’t take a week off, let alone spend who-knows-how-much money on something as vain as boobs!” But after meeting with the PS, Dr. Bresnick, and his staff, I was immediately and completely hooked on the idea again!!

I booked the pre-op and the surgery date right then and there. I had a few things to work out before I could commit 100%, like obviously talking to my husband, my best friends, my neurologist (I have MS), a hypothetical question to my 16-year old daughter, doing lots of implant and BA surgery research, and working out all of the calendar issues and logistics, it is set – I’m doing it!! My pre-op is on March 6 and the surgery is scheduled for April 2 (which also happens to be my nine year wedding anniversary).

I mentioned above that I have multiple sclerosis. I was diagnosed in 2010. I’m on a ton of meds to help with my symptoms and the disease itself – my neuro says I can continue all meds and there are no contradictions between having MS and an elective surgery. She talked to me about the general anesthesia, and how it could cause pseudo-attacks in people with MS. But I get those anyway, and that’s nothing to stop me from doing it, and she gave me the green light. Yay!!

I would like a full C, I’d be happy with a small D, too. I have no idea how many cc's that is until I have my pre-op next week. My husband says “don’t go too big”, but he also says to get whatever will make me happy. I do know I’ll be getting silicone (Mentor Memory Gel), submuscular placement, with inframammary (under) incision. I do have a little asymmetry and PS says he could do a lift on the one that is lower but I’m opting to not do that. That would mean periareola incision, and that freaks me out. I’ve been completely obsessed with collecting wish pics of boobs this past week so I’m sure to have exactly what I want! I’ve also been reading a lot of reviews here on Real Self and you are all SO helpful! I already have lots of questions that I’ll be asking when I have more time.

What did you tell your kids?

How did you tell your kids about the surgery? I told my 16- and 18-year-old daughters with no problems, but I don't know what I'm going to tell my 7-year-olds. I don't know if I should tell them before or after the surgery, and I really don't want them blabbing it around first grade that mommy got a new set of boobs! Any suggestions?
Oh, my husband and I went out to a friend's birthday party last night and he gets wasted and starts announcing all his friends that I'm getting a BA!! So like five guys (who are my friends, too) were standing around talking to me about it, asking me questions and giving me advice. Super awkward.

My Pre-Op appointment

I had my pre-op appointment on Thursday, March 6. First I had to read and sign a ton of consent forms. Then I met with Dr. Bresnick's nurse, Debby. We went over my medical history, all my current meds, and pre- & post-op instructions. Then I had my blood drawn and had "before" pictures taken. Debby was great, really pleasant and friendly.

Then I met with Dr. Bresnick. We went over the wish pics I brought with me, my wants & don't wants, and he took some measurements. With a breast width diameter of 12 cm, he recommended I go with the High Profile in the 350-450cc range to get the full C / small D I want. Which is awesome because I had 400cc as a perfect number in my head. If I waned to go with Mod Plus, I'd only get 350cc max because of my narrow build. I didn't try any sizers, instead he will match me with the HP implants in that 350-450cc range during the operation that give me the results I want. I totally trust that he will give me exactly what I want. Dr. Bresnick spent a lot of time with me, he was patient, went over all my options, answered all my questions (I had a lot), and I never felt rushed.

Elina is the patient coordinator I've been working with; she is super nice, helpful and attentive. I could not be happier with my experience so far. I got my appt time for April 2 (12 noon) then made the whole thing official and paid.

Then...I got a phone call from Debby yesterday and she told me some of my blood test results came back a little low (I'm mildly anemic...have been for as long as I can remember) so I need to take iron supplements to get those numbers in range before the surgery. I'll have another blood draw on March 25 to check the numbers again.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I have not told anyone just yet, besides my mother and husband. I have 2 twin boys of 18 months and a 6 year old, but have two people helping me care for them post-operatively. I had the augmentation done yesterday- and even though the 375cc implants are still high and not descended yet- I think I will be happy with it. My only concern is missing my kids and being able to pick them up alot. I also think I might need to massage a lot and wear a band so the implants go down. On friday I get the bandages off and then I will know how I go from there.
Good luck with everything!
I am 24, I have a 7yr old girl and a 1yr old boy... I have had such low self esteem my whole life about my body (mostly my breasts) I was so low I have been diagnosed with server depression and have h my hair and go all out with my clothes... even then I still feel its not enough... I know im not horrible looking.... but I still feel like a 12 yr old girl. I am a 34 A (and still dont fill up ky bra) 5"4 at 135lbs.... my step sister is 12 with a full C.... I have wanted breast implants for as.long as I can remember, but my 1yr old son just had his 5th open heart surgery... he only had a 20percent chance of making it... but he fought through and is currently doing great! So as you can see money is very tight.... What should I do?? Any advice? Also my low self esteem is now starting to cause issues in my marriage... my husband of 9 yrs believes im beautiful and FULLY supports my want in this... but doesnt fully understand how something like this would change me... for the better... Any advice PLEASE!? MY E MAIL IS mrschilds1016@gmail.com
You have a lot on your plate! I can't imagine having a sick child. That must put strain on every aspect of your life. Are you getting treatment (meds or counseling) for your depression? If not, you should probably consider it. I have a history of depression too, so I know how hopeless everything can feel. And as far as I know, a PS won't even do the surgery until you have medical clearance from your doctors (at least mine won't)...so unless you are getting treatment for a diagnosis of depression, you may not be cleared. Don't take this the wrong way, but you are still so young...you have plenty of years ahead of you to get a BA. Just because you can't get one right now, doesn't mean it will never happen. I started looking into getting one when I was 19!! It took me almost 20 years to get one!!! Yeah, it would be great to have the boobs you want in your 20s, but if it takes another 5, 10, or even 20 years, it will be great then too! I'm not getting mine until my late 30s. But you know what? I'm going to rock them in my 30s, 40s, and beyond just as well!! As for your self-esteem, I can guarantee you that getting a boob job is NOT a quick fix. Don't get me wrong, it may help, but if you are depending on a set of big boobs to establish your self-worth, you are looking in the wrong place. Just set a goal for another time to get the BA. For example, wait until you are done having kids, or until you don't have to pick up your babies anymore. And start saving money now so you don't have to rely on a loan. I hope your son's health improves! Take care, Jess
Thank you for.your comment... yes im on anti depressants, I dont want a.huge set of boobs, I just dont want to look like a boy... the kids are hard, btw especially when you know there are more surgeries to come... I know ill have to wait it just stinks BAD... btw congrats on your BA
I didn't mean that you wanted "huge boobs", specifically. It does stink, I'm sorry :( Hang in there, girl. Your time will come.
Your review inspires me. We have VERY similar stats. I am 37, 3 boys ages 2,4,6, wear a size 34A bra now, 5'6" tall, and 128 lbs. My BA is scheduled for April 24th. I am thrilled to find someone who is so similar as me in size. Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully it will get me to share mine more too.
Nhhome2009, Im going April 15th ...I'm 5'5" 118 lbs and i also have 3 boys . 5-7-8 . What size are you getting ? I'm cusious :)
Hi! Thanks for commenting. It's always nice to find someone close in size so you can compare what you might look like post-op. :)
I am not sure yet but at my pre consult I liked around a 375. I will meet the PS next Monday March 10th to see what he suggests. I think I would like to be a full C cup when I am done. He only offers Mentor Silicone Memory Gels, and I think it will be under the muscle with a under the breast incision, which are all specifics things I wanted anyways. Thanks for writing to me.
:) ive applyed for financing... I was denyed.... I guess ill have to be this way forever.:'(
I would have killed him! I'm in the same dilemma as you. I have two girls 7 and almost six and they notice everything! But I honestly don't think I'm going to tell them until they're older. I feel so guilty about it because I'm always telling them to love their bodies just the way they are and so on. I don't think they'd really understand why until they have kids of their own and they breastfeed and end up with deflated boobs!!lol I know it'll be tricky during recovery acting like nothing is wrong but that's what my plan is,lol. I'm staying at my sisters house on surgery night so hoping that will help a bit. If it gets to crazy I might just end up telling them that I had the doctor fix them to the way they use to be before breast feeding or something. If you come up with any bright ideas as to what to tell them please let me know :)
Thanks for the comment. I like the idea of telling them that doctor is going to fix them back to the way they used to be. I know what you mean about telling girls to love their bodies, then going and having this done. It doesn't quite make sense. I'll definitely let you know what / how I tell them!
I have a 7 year old girl and was concerned about this, too. I bought a book, "my beautiful mommy", written by a plastic surgeon. I read it to her a few times the month leading up to surgery. Then a week before, I told her the correlation. It's gone pretty well. There's no way she wouldn't have noticed or known something was going on!
Awesome, thank you! I will definitely check that book out. :)
OMG! I would have kicked his drunken butt! I can only imagine the advice you got. Anyway, you sound like someone who has every right to make some bodily repairs! As for me, I didn't say anything to my 7 yo son and he didn't say anything... And he's a kid who tends to comment on EVERYTHING. I had a tummy tuck at the same time so the boobs were not the biggest change in my appearance. I hope it all goes well for you!
Thanks for the comment, Misty! One guy was telling me that my recovery is going to be very painful. And I heard how my nipples might be more sensitive after the BA. I guess they know best! I told my husband, "Thanks for telling the guys about the BA last night!" And he just says , "Oh yeah, sorry." Ugh. I didn't even consider the kids wouldn't notice. Maybe I could just give hubby a pitcher of beer and let him tell them. Lol
LOL! :)
Lol..I work as a bartender and made the mistake of telling my fav old patrons I was having a BA..well long story short the whole bar knew in 2 days..lots of well meaning advice has flown my way like you know you will loose all nipple sensation..or how big are you going..I feel now that I'm going to be very self conscious for awhile. But its not like no one wouldn't have noticed me 34A/B then over night 34D..
Haha, yeah, I'm finding everyone has an opinion about BAs! I don't plan on keeping it a secret. Anyone who knows me is going to notice the change! One of my girlfriends wants to have a New Boob Party. LOL