Switch Saline for Silicone - Encino, CA

I originally wore 34 b. I had my first BA in'99...

I originally wore 34 b. I had my first BA in'99 with 350 filled to 450cc's. after having 3 children and breast feeding my boobs went completely from a full c small d to mid c's and very little breast tissue left. I wished I took a before photo to show. They actually were not very bad to look at. Except my bags well.. Felt like water bags and when I leaned over I see ripples on the sides and when I layed down my boobs went to the side.

I had a redo on Nov. 28 th with 650 silicones HP. I am so happy I didn't need a lift and as u can see from the photos 650cc's does not look huge on me. I'm 5'4 130. Athletic. My PS actually had told me that my saline implants had made my chest concave a little and my right breast bone came forward a little more than left. I'm extremely happy with my results and its only 6 days post op. I think because I already had a pocket from my implants my new ones did not swell up to my collar bone. I get my stitches out tomorrow and can't wait. My boobies are already soft and falling nicely

My PS was absolutely the best choice for my BA. And I felt it in my gut when I met him. I trusted him completely in the OR to make me the right size to suit me. I couldn't be more happy. Will post more photos as I progress.

Dec. 9 11 days post op. my boobies are so...

Dec. 9
11 days post op. my boobies are so feeling great. I'm massaging every 2 hrs and they are soft and falling great. I had my stitches out at one week post op and was told to change my steri strips every time I shower. I still have to sleep elevated and of course no lifting anything heavy. I started do housework and cleaning but nothing strenuous.

A couple days ago i had taken my steri strips off...

A couple days ago i had taken my steri strips off and noticed my right boob had a raw looking sore, scared the crap out of me since there was puss. I called my nurse and she told me to stop using steri strips and now i have polysporin covered with a nonstick pad to soften up my scar. I thought maybe i was being too rough with my massages but they are healing up fine now. i just can't wait to stop wearing these stupid soft bra tops and wear a nice one. everything good here . soft as usual and happy as can be.
I'm getting very antsy sitting around and not working out so i'm doing leg/ab exercises and butt work to keep my musles strong when i do go back to the gym. Another post op appt next week with DR.

I got measured at Nordstrom and I'm 34DD. In...

I got measured at Nordstrom and I'm 34DD. In Chantelle brand bras. Everything is healing well. My scars are still visible and dr have me more accolate to make my muscle softer. Left is a little harder than my right but massaging every 2 hrs should help. Even if they feel like I'm squishing the crap out of them. Feeling good I can wear bras again and loving the fact I don't need to if I don't want to. But it's been chilly lately.

It's been 4 months since having my BA. I still...

It's been 4 months since having my BA. I still massage every time I can remember. And it's getting softer and softer. I haven't changed in my bra size but when I get close to my time I the month I do swell up and makes me bigger. I still have a visible scar but its not too noticeable. The Dr still prescribes me accolate to prevent scar tissue. And I'm still very happy with results. I am also still in contact with PS and he still emails me when I have questions. Dr Bresnick is awesome in my books!

10mths later

10 months later and still have scarring but barely noticeable. I work out like I use to except I try not to lift too heavy for chest. I have noticed that my chest feels a little more heavier when I run but nothing a good sports bra doesn't help. I'm happy with my size. I can't really play them down as they are noticeably big but it's perfect.

14 mths

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I'm very happy with my results. Walking in the office and meeting him i felt like he was for me. In my mind i wanted a a smaller size but he had convinced me that i should not limit cc's and he would make me the size that i really liked. He read my mind and I'm so thrilled. I can't recommend him enough. Great time spent and he explained everything to me. I can not praise him enough.

Do you remember if you had low/high/moderate your first BA? I have the wide shape at top as well. I currently have 370/390 moderate profile saline . Mine appear too wide to me with not much fullness or projection. Was that your issue with your first BA? Im half oriental as well. I want to have more projection not wideness. Idk ifim wide based on my chest structure or if my breast implant s jook that way based on what I thought I wanted to look like when I got them done years ago. You increased alot. That 600+ scared me but your tiny an they look perfect.
My first set I was a moderate+. When I first got them done I thought they looked good also. But after having kids and such I noticed it looked flatter. No projection. After seeing Dr. Bresnick. He explained to me having a 350cc is the same width as having a 400cc width. But with the high profile it would have more projection. I did increase it, which sounds a lot. But in reality it's the shape and size I eventually wanted to look like. So Dr told me rather than by hearing on the size of implant but looking at sizes to determine what I like. It surprised me just as much that I actually wanted to go up that much too. But my projection is spot on now. Also it's the pocket placement that the implant was put in. I did notice my first PS had make them too far apart so I expressed that they come in closer and Dr Bresnick made a cut closer to my chest bone. I hope that had answered your question. I can't express how important it is to see a good PS. And be honest with what you want and don't want.
My wife is Chinese and about same height and weight as you. She has a 20 YO daughter and is now 46. She showed pictures to doctor of what she wants to look like and he recommended 650HP silicone. No measurements have yet been made. During your initial consultation with Dr. Bresnick, what size did you have in mind before he suggested 650 (assume this was a result of you showing him pictures or told him you wanted pole fullness or cleavage)? and does your breast diameter match the base diameter of the 650 or do you have significant side boob?
I'm quite broad in the shoulders and my chest is wide. I'm very athletic build and i know i wanted to match my body shape. I originally walked into the office thinking i wanted no more than 500cc's. Boy, was i wrong. He had shown me photos in a book and i guess my ideal size was around 650 cc's. So clearly i had no clue. I just knew what i wanted to look like on me. Dr. Bresnick is a great surgeon and answers all questions no matter how ridiculous. I do have side boobage but not overdone. I really left it to Dr. Bresnick to decide what my overall look will be after viewing photos and expressing my concern about working out. I love to lift weights and run and i didn't want any interference. So...in short , i think its really what your wife feels comfortable in. She's carrying those around. And i am just saying, they are heavy but perfect weight for me. And HP is the way to go. love mine and they are are perky without a bra. And make sure she's honest with what she really wants to have and concerns before deciding. Good Luck to her...
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Were you over the muscle originally or under? And what are you now? Just wondering how it might change things if you already have a pocket from over the muscle placement and then went under....
I've been under the muscle both times. The only difference with under is recovering will be a little more painful since they do cut into the muscle. After my first one the recovery was harder but the second time it wasn't so bad. I already had a pocket. I do believe going under covers more flaws if there are to be any at all. And my skin actually holds the implant better. In my opinion it looks more natural instead of 2 balls on my chest. Unless its the look your after. I say do whatever fits your life. Sometimes I wished I went over the muscle since I do lift weights and I see my chest muscle move and hate it. But I personally think if you go too big it will sag your skin later in life. So something to think about. Good luck
Cambel, im reading that implants should be according to your build, bwd etc and I have high profile . I am reading that if you have a wide bwd then high profile may not be the ones to go with. I think I have bwd if someone could tell me what the doctor measures in doing this...because my implants don't look like they are wide enough front on....I am broad shoulder and back....I just want a rough idea what bwd means !!!!
Here is something you should read.... I was just discussing this with a patient as a matter of fact. I think BWD is a fairly non-standard measurement- and by that I mean if three plastic surgeons measure you we may get three different numbers. Then there is the natural vs. ideal BWD. Let me explain- if your natural breast has a BWD of 13.5cm, but you have a 5cm gap between your breasts, then I would suggest an implant with a diameter of 15.5cm (to make up for a shortage of width of 2cm on each side leaving a 1cm gap in the center). If on the other hand your natural BWD is 13.5cm and you have absolutely no gap at all (some patients actually have a natural form of synmastia in the center), then you should probably consider an implant slightly less wide than your BWD (say 12.5cm perhaps). And finally, if your breasts/cleavage are perfect with a BWD of 13.5cm and you just want them larger, then chooe an implant with a diameter as close to your BWD as possible. So its not as simple as "my BWD is 11.5cm what implant should I use" but there are a lot of components/variables that go into the equation. If you spend the proper time measuring, evaluating, looking at ideal/inspiration photos, and trying on the implants, then you are much more likely to get a beautiful result! Sincerely, Don Revis MD www.SouthFloridaPlasticSurgery.com Hope this helps. But I have high profile and I'm broad. So depending on the size of implant you don't necessarily have to go with mod+.
Is don revis who did yours Or Steven bresnick?
Thanks by the way. I now understand bwd. I have a lot to learn about this and I'm a nurse. I need revision and I don't want to do this over and over as I see here on this site. It's scary to see what can happen!
Dr Bresnick is my surgeon who I can happily recommend with great bedside manners. But Dr Revis does do a lot of reconstructure surgeries. He is very active on breast forums and I found it helpful to read his work.
Great information. Thank you.
Congratulations! I am getting around the same size of you and I worried that they might be to big. But after looking at your pictures they look great
Thanks and wishing you as well on deciding on PS. I am thrilled on my decision. I am not too big and they do not feel too heavy. And I guess depending on how much breast tissue you have it's not as big as it sounds. But choose your surgeon wisely and I'm sure he/she will get you sized accordingly to your liking.
Cambel, how do you measure Bwd. From where to where? I am reading a lot re this for sizing of implants. I need revision from breast cancer and my implants are not right for me I think! Just trying to learn from experts!
Hello Wanda. I'm not sure what you mean by " you think the implant is not right for you"? If you google something about BWD they will have some info on measurements. If you are really serious about getting surgery, look into any surgeon who will give you free consult. And a good PS will be able to answer all your questions and find out the breast width dimension for you.
how did you get the number 12.8 measurement??? from where to where do you measure?
You can google how to measure your BWD. I went To a PS to measure mine. It's probably more accurate. And go talk to a few PS. and see which one you like to go with. Never settle with just one. Good luck.
can someone please tell me how you get bwd ......I am trying to figure out what I need for revisional surgery....I am trying to follow all this, but it is obvious you guys have way more experience than me. I think I need revisional surgery, but I am not 100 % on all the language, to figure out what is best for next time... I want to be prepared and pick the right surgeon this time....
Your 650 look nice on you I upsized about 200 cc as well check out my pics when get a chance ok I increased size as well like you without needing a lift
Holy smokes girl. You are too brave to go under the knife so many times. But good for you for wanting perfection. You deserve it. I too was afraid of high profile boobs but so glad I did. Can I give you some advice. Go and spend some money on more form fitting bras. I find VS bras, albeit very nice looking and pretty have shallow cups. And not made to fit bigger chested girls. Nordstrom does good fitting. I mean you have to be at least a E or F correct? They may not look pretty in store but trust me. It makes a world of a difference on. :)
Ok thank you!
That's pretty much a perfect size on ya lady!
Well thank u. I think that of yours too:)
Hey I'm just one inch les than you and in January 16 I will get my BA with Natrell 600cc high profile I'm 125. Wich implants do you get!? Because I'm afraid if they look huge but in u look fab!!