2nd Ultherapy Treatment -- Did my Due Dilligence This Time!! - Encino, CA

I have gotten Ultherapy previously, when it first...

I have gotten Ultherapy previously, when it first came out (and it's changed since then). There are more heads you can use and overall, the techniques have been improved.

Three years ago I noticed some results, but the girl who gave me the procedure was a nurse (not a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist), and it was so new, she had limited experience delivering the procedure, and thus, (even tho she is great), I did suffer from a cyst-like burn (which is now a scar), above my forehead and I also had some bruising.

This time, I wanted to get my money's worth, and spoke to the people at Ulthera before I started researching options for a practitioner. I put together a list of very specific questions (see below Q&A in Dr. Review), and also made sure I selected a Ultherapy practice that had most or all of the various heads that are available (Ulthera has released different heads and if you are a skilled Ulthera practitioner, you can use each head in a different manner during treatment to get the maximum results vs. using the same head the entire treatment) It's more effective to be able to have options for each patient in terms of the heads that are used during treatment).

Also there is a technique and specific level of facial symmetry and proportion knowledge the practitioner must have to deliver the best results possible. Case in point: The doctor I went to (Dr .Michael Persky in Encino, CA - (LA)) did not treat my cheeks specifically b/c he said they looked good, and I told him I had some filler in my cheeks and under my eyes). We wanted to focus on my forehead, temples, lower face and neck as priority in terms of the treatment.

I will update this review in 6 months with final results... :) (which I am sure will be great)

Overall, best experience ever -- still pretty painful - Yes - so take painkiller or xanax -- but nothing that you can't get through - and no pain - no gain! :)
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Persky is a great doctor. I was looking to get Ultherapy ultrasound again, after having done Ulthera a few years ago when it first came out. Since they have improved the # of heads and the technique since it was first released, I felt like I could probably have even a more effective result this time. I spoke with Ulthera (directly) and had a list of questions I put together to qualify where I would get it done. Some people consider only price as a factor, because they mistakenly assume that the Ulthera ultrasound machine will yield the same results, no matter who is delivering the procedure. This is not the case and could not be farther from the truth. My criteria in selecting a Ulthera practice were as follows (along with Dr. Persky's answers). Note that he answered my questions/email within a DAY and DIRECTLY....not through a patient coordinator or receptionist in his office: This was a big influence on my decision to go to him, as well as his OUTSTANDING ReaSelf.com reviews and interaction with RealSelf Members...It shows me he really cares abut his patients and wants the best possible relationship with them. Dr.P's response to my eMail and my Questions: Dr. P: Thank you for your confidence in our practice. It is good that you are doing your due diligence in choosing your next Ultherapy physician. I do believe that results are affected by who performs that procedure. In our practice, I perform all Ultherapy treatments on my patients. Also, the treatment has dramatically changed since you had your Ultherapy. We are now treating with 33% more lines and in different areas. I have copied and pasted your question list and will answer here: 1. Who performs Ultherapy at your office and what are their credentials? DrP: I perform all of the treatments. I have been treating patients with Ulthera for the past 3 years, I am an Ulthera strategic advisory board member, I lecture at facial plastic surgery conferences about Ulthera, and also am a guest lecturer for the company. 2. How much training has this individual received? How long ago was their training? And, how many Ultherapy treatments has she/he performed? DrP: I have performed hundreds of Ulthera treatments. My training is as a facial plastic surgeon which allows me to interpret your ultrasound image accurately to maximize your results by targeting the appropriate anatomical structures during your treatment. 3. How long have you had Ultherapy at your office? DrP: 3 years 4. Are the photos on your website (before/after) your actual patients? DrP:I am happy to share all of my personal before and after photos with you. Please feel free to go to our website media center, treatment list under Ulthera, and blog for some of our before and afters. 5. How many lines would you use in total for face and neck for the total price/procedure? DrP: The total number of lines varies from patient to patient depending upon their anatomy. The number of lines vary from 800 to 1175. My goal is to help my patients get their absolute best result which is why I perform all procedures. Though cost is important, I know that unfortunately, too many times in the aesthetic field you get what you pay for. Treatments that are the cheapest may have unskilled technicians, may skimp on the number of lines, and may treat areas improperly. They may not stand behind their work. 6. I would love to know if you offer a free consult, specifically as I'd like to discuss which transducers you would use in what areas, to get the optimal results. Is this possible? DrP: Our consultations are complimentary. Since you are in the OC, I would be happy to speak with you on the phone or Skype. 7. Do you accept CareCredit (I have a card already) DrP: Yes The procedure was excellent - Dr.Persky spent an extra hour with me, ensuring I was taken care of, and made sure I got home safely (because it's a painful, you cannot drive afterwards). His nurses were very sweet. I know that the Ulthera worked because I was adamant about keeping it on the highest possible setting and I was a little swollen but am SO excited to see the results and cannot wait to follow-up on this in 6 months - :) Overall, my experience w Dr. Persky was EXCELLENT and I'd highly recommend him. I will be posting follow-up in 6 months to report back again, but overall, my experience was EXCELLENT so far w/ Dr. Persky (even though he went to UCLA and I went to USC!) - (wink!) :)

Appreciate the feedback but have to say it really reads like a 'tout' vs objective review.
Thank you for starting your journey with us.  Definitely keep us in the loop on your progress.