Mixto - Encinitas, CA

As an Esthetician I have seen may patients in our...

As an Esthetician I have seen may patients in our office have the mixto procedure. I have wanted to do this for a year. Finally have some time to devote to staying indoors for a few days. Nikki at Just Skin inc performed this virtually painless procedure. It was never more than a 4 on a pain scale 1-10. The office was extremely professional and efficient. I was kept very comfortable and calm. I'm 1 hour post treatment and feel like I have a mild sunburn. Skin is very taunt. In my experience some results are quickly noticeable but about 6 months down the road they are amazing! I plan on having the mixto again in about a year.
Planning on lots of swelling but only for few days.
Looking forward to softening of fine lines, tighter skin, more suppleness, and over all clarity.

2 days post procedure

I had my treatment Monday. It is now Wednesday. My skin was a bit itchy last night. I woke up and slathered on more ointment and that helped. Today I am less swollen than yesterday. Skin has become darker in patches. The most irritating part of this process is the "slimy " feeling from the ointment . And the cabin fever is NOT fun!

Before mixto

Mixto Buff and Shine (modified Mixto treatment)

I had the Mixto laser treatment 2 years ago. The results were great. Happy with how I looked.
I was feeling like I needed a little "refresher" though. The nurse who preforms all my beautifying told me about the "Buff and Shine". I would be her first patient to try this. Seeing that she has been working on my skin for 12 years and I had previously had treatment with the Mixto laser I decided to go for it.
The manufacturer of the laser states that this is a lunch time peel. Only if you are having lunch and several cocktails and NOT returning to work! YOU WILL BE RED AND YOUR SKIN WILL FEEL VERY HOT AND TIGHT. I'm an esthetician so my clients are use to seeing me peeling, etc. For those of you who can't return to work looking like a steamed tomato I highly recommend doing this on a Friday so you can return to work Monday without any worries.
Did it hurt... I chose not to use numbing cream. Bad choice for those of you with a low pain tolerance. It felt like candle wax with a mixture of chards of glass were being poured on to my skin. BUT, the procedure goes quickly! 15-20mins. And the nurse performing it (the amazing Nikki LaBauve at Just Skin Inc.) has a device that blows VERY cold air onto your skin. It was completely tolerable with this device. However, I recommend you go for the numbing cream. It will help with the heat even after the procedure by being numb for a while.
I am now quite red a day after the procedure. Surprisingly red! And swollen! Neither operator or patient was expecting this. I still feel like my skin is "active" but no pain. I am definitely going to have some peeling. I have to use the ointment, which I don't like to use. I was able to wear some make up today but did have to explain the swelling to my clients.
Heres the best part... for a fraction of the cost (mixto full face laser with 5-10 days of down time $2500. Buff and Shine full face laser with 3 days of noticeable redness and flaking $750-900) I feel like I am going to have GREAT results! I know when something is working and I honestly feel like my collagen is in hyper mode trying to heal my skin. Yah! Less wrinkling, less scaring, and smoother skin makes me a happy patient! I will keep you all posted

2 years post treatment

Still very happy with results of the Mixto!
Nikki LaBauve

Nikki is an expert and has perfect bed side manner. Felt confident through the entire process.