Dr Yco's Mini Face Lift Not Worth It! Encinitas, CA

I want to inform the public that I did do research...

I want to inform the public that I did do research on my mini lift weighing the pros and cons.I went in several times and wanted the mini lift since last year. Dr Yco is very qualified per credentials he is double board certified Ent plastic surgeon. I thought I was making the right choice. He said I would like my results and being 38years old I thought it was going to look alot younger and felt great about my decision.
I came in early to prep.and was given a small blue pill to relax then given light iv sedation and was awake during the procedure.
I did notice Dr.Yco spent more time on one side than the other. Before 2hours he was done!
I felt a little groggy and had to be driven home. Drains were put in which were supposed to be removed the next day; but I left them in for the weekend. When showed up Monday morning my neck did feel tighter and excited to get my head wrap off and drains. I look in the mirror with no different in jowls or face not even.neck!
He says I am still swollen to wait for final results 10 days go by with no difference. I write the coordinator an email that I am very disappointed! Dr.yco assures me he removed skin..but I see no difference at all! My Jowls are the same my neck.the only thing I have to prove I had surgery is the scars in front and back of my ears!
The time $$$$$ and lost of work for recovery was a complete waste.
I emailed the staff again with NO reply! Ladies I for warning you to view before and aftet pictures im out $5500 with not even 1inch of improvement. I have been a client of Dr.Yco for about 4 years and finally after sacrificing my money to get this procedure I am so disappointed!

Are those your before and after photos? Because I agree there is no diffrence! What did his mini lift consist of? $5,500. And no results, wow I would have demanded answeres. Glad your informing the public. I almost decided to go with him too.Thanks again.

No difference in jowls or neck area only scars!

I have been looking for an inch of difference in my neck and jowls each time I look in the mirror I only think if the money I spent and the scars left behind. I emailed the doctor again and provided pictures and did not get a reply. when I went in to get my stiches removed I had a consultation with Dr. Mario Yco and he suggested a mid face lift or fat transfer to my face! I immediately knew I made a big mistake, why would he suggest a mini face lift and then tell me I would benefit from a midface lift? I then proceeded to ask why my turkey neck was still visible, he then suggested a neck lift? I was so disappointed to say the least because I am only 38 years old 'Dr. Yco consulted with me many times over the past year regarding my mini lift, that is the procedure he suggested I would benefit from for my problem areas! why now would he suggest other procedures after no results from his mini lift? during my consultation (after my mini lift) I scheduled it for rhinoplasty and also actually considered hiring him again for that procedure, but was very rudely interrupted by his office coordinator who urged him to hurry because her friend had arrived for her BOTOX!
I had scheduled this consultation for many reasons #1.) questionable no results on my mini lift. #2.)options and answers #3.) rhinoplasty options.
This appointment was supposed to be a one on one hour long computer images
I drove almost 1 hour just for the appointment and got half answered questions and again VERY rudely interrupted by his office coordinator to have her "friend" get botox!, as if I was not as important as her friend,
I had just spent $5500 on my face and considering to pay $7000 for a rhino and after NO RESULTS and office staff unprofessionalism I am to say the least UPSET!
my children were waiting in the waiting room and told me that the office coordinator even did a visual sweep through the waiting room because my 18 year old had poured herself a cup of tea, the coordinator checked the coffee/tea station, checking to see if my children had taken tea bags! Not only did I feel unwelcome but as my children! I have to question if this was racial stereotyping or just plain unprofessional. What I have just described is exactly what happened to me days after my mini lift surgery. will post more photos.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
Thank you so much for posting. So many people dont and you can help so many others by voicing your outcome, Thanks a lot. I almost chose Dr.Yco and now will consider a different Plastic Surgeon thanks again.

See before and after photos

I have attached my before and after surgery photos which clearly shows no diffrence at all!

I'm feeling the same way as you. Do you have scars starting the temple and going all around the ear into the back hairline? I don't feel like I had a mini but I feel like I had mini results for a lot of $$. I had planned on an arm lift but I'm disillusioned.
I have scars running from temples to back of my ears, he even shaved my hair!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

WAISTED MONEY! ! Dr.Yco Encinitas, Ca.

I hate my results! Or should I say NO results! I want to say something but my image speaks for itself! I got ripped off! Dr. Yco sent me an email stating he removed more skin than a usually would on his "minilift" wow can you imagine im only 38 years old and NOT over weight and I was left looking the same cant imagine what his other work looked like with less skin removal. $5,500 in the trash! Is how I feel about this minilift with Dr.Yco. I did visit other doctors and have been told Dr.Yco techniques are not they have seen in their offices, this is a gentle way of saying he didn't do the job! I feel conned and stupid for putting my trust in him.I feel betrayed by him and his staff! Now im dealing with raised scars behind my ears and may need steroid injections? No one can see any diffrence, not even my mom she agrees I was conned. I even went for fat transfer to fill in my jowls he did nothing to improve my appearance but pull on my ears. DONT WAIST

Oh but I forgot to mention also that you looked young for 38 to begin with!
I think your skin looks more supple in the after photos..bug yeah I would have expected more results too...sorry :-/ I recommend that you lose about 15 lbs, and then go see dr. Ellenbogen's practice in Beverly Hills for a revision... He's the most amazing plastic for faces...I haven't done a mini yet, but I'm saving for it!!!!
So sorry you are going through this! Did he lipo your chin? Was there any kind of strap (is that what it's called?) to wear after? Your face "could" still be swollen, I have read it takes up to 3-4 months for all of that to resolve. Hopefully it may improve. (((hugs))) Oh, I certainly would not give this doctor any more of your $$.

Dr. Yco's Lucrative "no result" minilift!

When I questioned Dr. Yco on my sagging neck and jowls after my mini lift he suggested a neck lift and fat transfer! every time I tap on my jowls they are loose and move up and down with excess skin, I am so upset that I put my trust in the surgeon he knew I wanted this procedure for so long he sang a good song in my ear on how I would look so much better and pulled my skin back and showed me the difference, he tricks unsuspecting clients by pulling their skin back and showing them in the mirror how much better they would look then after he takes a chunk of your savings and leads you from one expensive "no results" surgery to the next suggested lucrative surgery. I emailed him demanding a re-due and all he can say is he has evaluated me after my surgery in his so call sequence of follow ups. BEWARE! he only responded after I posted my photos on this website! all he cares about is making $$$ and obviously not his reputation otherwise he would have offered me a Re-due as I requested! I was still even giving him the benefit of doubt that he can fix this "no result" fake mini lift, but he didn't consider fixing this fake mini lift. I put my trust in his staff and I was duked!

Hi there. I am from Massachusetts....and after reading your laments I feel sorry that you have no results. I am sure that is disturbing. Perhaps the doctor can make another attempt after the proper amount of time. I am a nurse and I can see from your pictures that you are overweight, maybe obese. Try hard to lose weight.....this will make all the difference in the world in your face and neck. You are young and you will have good enough skin that it will shrink. You have beautiful lips...Don't be insulted by me...I do not mean to be insulting. You will be so much better off to put your money into proper food for weight loss than facial surgery at your age. Try Dr. Dukan's diet...you will lose at least 10 the first week....and continue losing all the time. I think you are over the edge about the racial profiling......and the tea bags.....America needs to stop that nonsense. Racial profiling in the doctor's waiting room........stop! it makes you sound like an uneducated silly woman. My sincere best to you. Look up Dr. Dukan. Nursecupcake.
Nursecupcake, for you to join Realself just to make a ridiculous offensive comments is silly and suspicious. #1. I am NOT overweight and if you have properly read my review it clearly states that.And my personal experience at Dr.Yco office is truthful, I and my children were treated like less than and the office coordinator did in fact sweep the tea bags, I know for a fact it if I were Anglo Saxon this what have not happened. You sound really disturbed about that comment and come across suspicious since you joined Realself only to post this remark about my weight and the tea bags, And to make insulting comments isn't what this sight is for. Sorry to burst your bubble but im not overweight and the excess skin you see under my chin and face is the reason I wanteda mini-facelift. The sorry facts are my personal experiences with Dr.Yco and his unprofessional staff! Im sorry nursecupcake, you wasting your time coming on this sight with insults.
Dr. Yco's response was he has NOT properly evaluated me in the sequence of follow-ups visits that he requires before he can consider even touching me again! which would be over a year,this was his response after I requested a RE-DUE on the mini lift!

Loose Skin, Sagging jowls!

My images speak for themselves! Dr.Yco. Left me with skin and sagging jowls. Not to mention my double chin he adamantly insisted he didn't charge for. After I spent over $5,500 in a no result fake mini-lift and then suggest I need a neck lift and mid face lift upon hearing this from Dr.Yco I immediately knew a was duked! This was his way of making $$$.

I'm sorry things didn't go well for you, I understand exactly what you are going through, not only the time, pain and money but also your hopes goes away after months of waiting to see the results, I've done a laser lift and waited a year hoping a miracle will happen but my face just got worse than when I went to do that procedure. Luckily I have been able to get some skin tightening and lifting after 6 treatments of Viora Reaction, I've tried other RF before viora with less visible results but I'm sure all of it together helped me after such big disappointment of that laser lift. Same thing I noticed in your face happened to me, you are beautiful so with the right treatment and qualified professional I hope you will find the way to correct it, wishing you luck.
I would contact the medical board. Provide them with before and after pictures. They will have to investigate this and the doctor is required by law to respond. I would ask for a refund. I am so sorry you went thru this.
Thank you for being so brave and posting pictures for the public and exposing the many "Charlatans" with medical degrees.
Encinitas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I thought I made a great choice. He had all the qualifications but unfortunately for me I have no results on mini lift. Dr.Yco even suggested he didn't even charge for my liposuction under my chin. there is no difference what's so ever. Only a couple of staff members are friendly. I feel money was the only thing these people are after not a good outcome. After they take your $$$$ they ignore your emails.