Dr Yco's Mini Face Lift Not Worth It! Encinitas, CA

I want to inform the public that I did do research...

I want to inform the public that I did do research on my mini lift weighing the pros and cons.I went in several times and wanted the mini lift since last year. Dr Yco is very qualified per credentials he is double board certified Ent plastic surgeon. I thought I was making the right choice. He said I would like my results and being 38years old I thought it was going to look alot younger and felt great about my decision.
I came in early to prep.and was given a small blue pill to relax then given light iv sedation and was awake during the procedure.
I did notice Dr.Yco spent more time on one side than the other. Before 2hours he was done!
I felt a little groggy and had to be driven home. Drains were put in which were supposed to be removed the next day; but I left them in for the weekend. When showed up Monday morning my neck did feel tighter and excited to get my head wrap off and drains. I look in the mirror with no different in jowls or face not even.neck!
He says I am still swollen to wait for final results 10 days go by with no difference. I write the coordinator an email that I am very disappointed! Dr.yco assures me he removed skin..but I see no difference at all! My Jowls are the same my neck.the only thing I have to prove I had surgery is the scars in front and back of my ears!
The time $$$$$ and lost of work for recovery was a complete waste.
I emailed the staff again with NO reply! Ladies I for warning you to view before and aftet pictures im out $5500 with not even 1inch of improvement. I have been a client of Dr.Yco for about 4 years and finally after sacrificing my money to get this procedure I am so disappointed!

No difference in jowls or neck area only scars!

I have been looking for an inch of difference in my neck and jowls each time I look in the mirror I only think if the money I spent and the scars left behind. I emailed the doctor again and provided pictures and did not get a reply. when I went in to get my stiches removed I had a consultation with Dr. Mario Yco and he suggested a mid face lift or fat transfer to my face! I immediately knew I made a big mistake, why would he suggest a mini face lift and then tell me I would benefit from a midface lift? I then proceeded to ask why my turkey neck was still visible, he then suggested a neck lift? I was so disappointed to say the least because I am only 38 years old 'Dr. Yco consulted with me many times over the past year regarding my mini lift, that is the procedure he suggested I would benefit from for my problem areas! why now would he suggest other procedures after no results from his mini lift? during my consultation (after my mini lift) I scheduled it for rhinoplasty and also actually considered hiring him again for that procedure, but was very rudely interrupted by his office coordinator who urged him to hurry because her friend had arrived for her BOTOX!
I had scheduled this consultation for many reasons #1.) questionable no results on my mini lift. #2.)options and answers #3.) rhinoplasty options.
This appointment was supposed to be a one on one hour long computer images
I drove almost 1 hour just for the appointment and got half answered questions and again VERY rudely interrupted by his office coordinator to have her "friend" get botox!, as if I was not as important as her friend,
I had just spent $5500 on my face and considering to pay $7000 for a rhino and after NO RESULTS and office staff unprofessionalism I am to say the least UPSET!
my children were waiting in the waiting room and told me that the office coordinator even did a visual sweep through the waiting room because my 18 year old had poured herself a cup of tea, the coordinator checked the coffee/tea station, checking to see if my children had taken tea bags! Not only did I feel unwelcome but as my children! I have to question if this was racial stereotyping or just plain unprofessional. What I have just described is exactly what happened to me days after my mini lift surgery. will post more photos.

See before and after photos

I have attached my before and after surgery photos which clearly shows no diffrence at all!

WAISTED MONEY! ! Dr.Yco Encinitas, Ca.

I hate my results! Or should I say NO results! I want to say something but my image speaks for itself! I got ripped off! Dr. Yco sent me an email stating he removed more skin than a usually would on his "minilift" wow can you imagine im only 38 years old and NOT over weight and I was left looking the same cant imagine what his other work looked like with less skin removal. $5,500 in the trash! Is how I feel about this minilift with Dr.Yco. I did visit other doctors and have been told Dr.Yco techniques are not they have seen in their offices, this is a gentle way of saying he didn't do the job! I feel conned and stupid for putting my trust in him.I feel betrayed by him and his staff! Now im dealing with raised scars behind my ears and may need steroid injections? No one can see any diffrence, not even my mom she agrees I was conned. I even went for fat transfer to fill in my jowls he did nothing to improve my appearance but pull on my ears. DONT WAIST

Dr. Yco's Lucrative "no result" minilift!

When I questioned Dr. Yco on my sagging neck and jowls after my mini lift he suggested a neck lift and fat transfer! every time I tap on my jowls they are loose and move up and down with excess skin, I am so upset that I put my trust in the surgeon he knew I wanted this procedure for so long he sang a good song in my ear on how I would look so much better and pulled my skin back and showed me the difference, he tricks unsuspecting clients by pulling their skin back and showing them in the mirror how much better they would look then after he takes a chunk of your savings and leads you from one expensive "no results" surgery to the next suggested lucrative surgery. I emailed him demanding a re-due and all he can say is he has evaluated me after my surgery in his so call sequence of follow ups. BEWARE! he only responded after I posted my photos on this website! all he cares about is making $$$ and obviously not his reputation otherwise he would have offered me a Re-due as I requested! I was still even giving him the benefit of doubt that he can fix this "no result" fake mini lift, but he didn't consider fixing this fake mini lift. I put my trust in his staff and I was duked!

Loose Skin, Sagging jowls!

My images speak for themselves! Dr.Yco. Left me with skin and sagging jowls. Not to mention my double chin he adamantly insisted he didn't charge for. After I spent over $5,500 in a no result fake mini-lift and then suggest I need a neck lift and mid face lift upon hearing this from Dr.Yco I immediately knew a was duked! This was his way of making $$$.
Encinitas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I thought I made a great choice. He had all the qualifications but unfortunately for me I have no results on mini lift. Dr.Yco even suggested he didn't even charge for my liposuction under my chin. there is no difference what's so ever. Only a couple of staff members are friendly. I feel money was the only thing these people are after not a good outcome. After they take your $$$$ they ignore your emails.

I would contact the medical board. Provide them with before and after pictures. They will have to investigate this and the doctor is required by law to respond. I would ask for a refund. I am so sorry you went thru this.
Thank you for being so brave and posting pictures for the public and exposing the many "Charlatans" with medical degrees.
You can very clearly see there is excess skin, that should have been tighter after your mini lift. I feel your anger,. I would be too. But wait a year and you may possibly find another surgeon who can salvage what Dr.Yco didn't complete and not charge you as much as he did.
I dont think this is a question about weight its about a face lift with no results! And that's what this review is about. So stop blaming the reviewer on weight. That obviously is NOT the issue.
It's part of it. I was referring to the weight with respect to the known fact that the skin loses elasticity when a person loses weight. It would lead to better results if she loses weight before the revision instead if after....if she plans on going through with it.
Hi there. I am from Massachusetts....and after reading your laments I feel sorry that you have no results. I am sure that is disturbing. Perhaps the doctor can make another attempt after the proper amount of time. I am a nurse and I can see from your pictures that you are overweight, maybe obese. Try hard to lose weight.....this will make all the difference in the world in your face and neck. You are young and you will have good enough skin that it will shrink. You have beautiful lips...Don't be insulted by me...I do not mean to be insulting. You will be so much better off to put your money into proper food for weight loss than facial surgery at your age. Try Dr. Dukan's diet...you will lose at least 10 the first week....and continue losing all the time. I think you are over the edge about the racial profiling......and the tea bags.....America needs to stop that nonsense. Racial profiling in the doctor's waiting room........stop! it makes you sound like an uneducated silly woman. My sincere best to you. Look up Dr. Dukan. Nursecupcake.
Nursecupcake, for you to join Realself just to make a ridiculous offensive comments is silly and suspicious. #1. I am NOT overweight and if you have properly read my review it clearly states that.And my personal experience at Dr.Yco office is truthful, I and my children were treated like less than and the office coordinator did in fact sweep the tea bags, I know for a fact it if I were Anglo Saxon this what have not happened. You sound really disturbed about that comment and come across suspicious since you joined Realself only to post this remark about my weight and the tea bags, And to make insulting comments isn't what this sight is for. Sorry to burst your bubble but im not overweight and the excess skin you see under my chin and face is the reason I wanteda mini-facelift. The sorry facts are my personal experiences with Dr.Yco and his unprofessional staff! Im sorry nursecupcake, you wasting your time coming on this sight with insults.
I think she was trying to be helpful, you do look overweight.
Dr. Yco's response was he has NOT properly evaluated me in the sequence of follow-ups visits that he requires before he can consider even touching me again! which would be over a year,this was his response after I requested a RE-DUE on the mini lift!
Oh but I forgot to mention also that you looked young for 38 to begin with!
I think your skin looks more supple in the after photos..bug yeah I would have expected more results too...sorry :-/ I recommend that you lose about 15 lbs, and then go see dr. Ellenbogen's practice in Beverly Hills for a revision... He's the most amazing plastic for faces...I haven't done a mini yet, but I'm saving for it!!!!
So sorry you are going through this! Did he lipo your chin? Was there any kind of strap (is that what it's called?) to wear after? Your face "could" still be swollen, I have read it takes up to 3-4 months for all of that to resolve. Hopefully it may improve. (((hugs))) Oh, I certainly would not give this doctor any more of your $$.
the last photo is your before surgery, I cannot see what he pulled you look the same.
I cannot tell by your photographs where the doctor removed any skin. in every photo you look exactly the same. The last photo in the line up is your before surgery profile and I cannot see the difference from your post op photos. I can see why you are upset.
I'm feeling the same way as you. Do you have scars starting the temple and going all around the ear into the back hairline? I don't feel like I had a mini but I feel like I had mini results for a lot of $$. I had planned on an arm lift but I'm disillusioned.
I have scars running from temples to back of my ears, he even shaved my hair!

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I really can't tell any difference either :( That's terrible! How long has it been since you had your procedures?
I'm only 1 month post op. WITH NO RESULTS!
This doc obviously cares more about cash sales than results. Some will offer touch-ups for only the cost of anesthesia but if they're now recommending another brand of a more expensive procedure pretty clear he's into the cash more than results. Time to cut losses and get some other opinions, for free! Maybe fillers will help you feel happier while you contemplate a second lift further down the road. By the way, I think you should give him all 0's, for emphasis.
P.S. if you charged some or all to a credit card and didn't pay the bill yet you can put it in dispute. I think your photo documents are excellent proof that although he may have made incisions that was all he did. Who pays for an expensive hair styylinist for tiny snips that leave them with the exact same length and shape?
I really want to get a full REFUND but its highly unlikely especially when he takes your money and ignores you after! my mini lift was done 1 month ago. No Different at all ONLY THE SCARS! all my $$$$ time and loss of work really has cost me around $6,500 in total I am glad that informing the public about what kind of ethics his practice is running. I still have not heard back from Dr. Yco or his staff.
I just learned from a RealSelf video interview with Dr. Paul Nassif that you should avoid anything called "mini" because it doesn't last..probably a skin only lift..and is still a big price; however yours looks like you barely had any skin removed. I find your story interesting because I went to a con artist who said he would try Plan A for $2,500 then if it didn't work would offer Plan B...a lower face lift. Well, after seeing Plan A was a complete joke (like your "mini-lift") I thought this guy must think women are stupid. He would have given me an expensive f/l that would have also looked like nothing was done. So I think you've figured that one out as well. The fact this surgeon told you your "mini lift" would look better after swelling goes down shows how disingenuous he's been with you. Results always appear exaggeratedly good with swelling' since it's all about correcting laxity, so more time=more laxity. However you saw nothing different with swelling so what he did made no cosmetic sense; essentially, you paid him a chunk of cash to practice incisions on you. If you charged your surgery to a major credit card they can put the unpaid charge into dispute but if you paid off the balance it's too late. Also, go in to view your medical records asap on the spot and take pictures of the operative report on your cell phone camera. You don't necessarily need an appointment to view your medical record but maybe give them a heads up day before and be as polite as you can and bring your own witness. You have the legal right to view your records on request, no waiting. For xerox copies there's a fee and they are allowed a few weeks to process, by law. But if they refuse any or all of your chart access requests you can file a complaint with the state medical board and the agency that regulates HIPPA (privacy act). Outside of the surgeon wanting to resolve the problem with you personally, the credit card dispute resolution is your only consumer protection option. Once you get your operative report, you can take it with you to future consultations as a point of discussion for requesting a REAL lift next time! I just want to pass along this advice to anyone else who might benefit. It took me two years to sort this all out and wish I had known about the credit card dispute process early on! Good luck and don't let this surgeon's actions get you down!