Real Recovery Time - Elyria, OHOne week later

Hi, I am hoping for some real life time recovery...

Hi, I am hoping for some real life time recovery for the Vase lipo procedure. I have already had a tummy tuck and have my flanks and some love handle area that needs some special attention. I do not like the fat hanging out on the backside when I wear my jeans. I weight 137 lbs and am 5"6" so there is not a lot to remove. I was only planning on taking off 4 days for recovery, is this being unrealistic? The Dr. seems to think that should be ok. I do not do anything really physical at work, other than walking a lot. Can all you patients out there let me know if you think this is accurate? With my tummy tuck I was misled and needed a lot more off. Thanks for all your help!

Had my surgery on the 29th, the procedure was...

Had my surgery on the 29th, the procedure was pretty painless except around the rib cage. After the numbing wore off I am very sore. I have a lot of bruising. I have several compression garments because I had a tummy tuck. And from my experience the most comfortable ones are the ones thay zip in the front. My sides and hips are very sore. I am very tired, slept all day. I am a little concerned about being able to function at work on Monday. I wanted my love handles to be gone, I will post pictures when all the swelling goes down. I am still very uncomfortable.

It has now been 1 week. I am still pretty sore....

It has now been 1 week. I am still pretty sore. The druises on the outside look better, but the inside is still so very tender and sore. I am still pretty swollen so it is very hard to tell if it was worth it. I am wearing my compression garment 24/7. My fingers are crossed that all this is worth it. I still take extra strenght tylenol every 4 hours. It does help with being uncomfortable.

Internetvery nice and caring

Hope the soreness has eased by now. Are you back at work?
Sorry - I remember you saying you were back at work - how is that going? Is it getting any easier?
I am back to work. The compression garment seems to help and add to the problem! The body is looking good! I think the garment is shaping me! lol. Still taking Tylenol to get me through the day and then the heavy stuff at night. This is day 10 for me. I am very tight and still numb and tender.
How was going back to work? I felt fine when I was resting and then crashed when I went back to work. 10 days after surgery I was still feeling pretty terrible so I phoned my surgeon. He said 'you've had major surgery, it's normal to feel tired'. So I think people underestimate how much it takes out of you, and actually the clinic was a bit over-optimistic I think too. Or maybe I was just unlucky to take nearly 2 weeks to feel back to near-normal.
Hi there, I am back to work and it is tough! I tire out very quickly. I am still pretty swollen so that adds to being uncomfortable. My back is very sensitive, I made it 7 hours today! I am suppose to work 9. I really can not see the difference yet because of the swelling. They took 1000 cc out of me. So there has to be some difference. Is there a miracle cure for the swelling? I cant wait to get back into normal clothes!
Hi, I had my vaser lipo to upper and lower abs day before yesterday (Wednesday). My size and weight are very similar to you - but they still managed to suck 1200cc of fat out! I was up walking around yesterday, but would not have wanted to do too much. Today - 2 days post op - I have driven 3 hours, done housework and some office work and taken kids to and from school. I am feeling pretty tired now, and am glad for the weekend off before going back to work on Monday. But I should be fine to work on Monday I think which is day 5 post-op. I am physically fit and have had no complications & 4 days off after the op seems like it will be enough for me. Good luck!
Thanks so very much! What kind of compression garment are you wearing? And are they comfortable?
I am wearing one the clinic gave me. It's like a corset with shorts. It is not comfortable but I am getting used to it. I am feeling better every day and recovery has been pretty quick for me. Good luck!
I am updating regularly here: http://www.realself.com/review/manchester-uk-vaser-liposuction-major-wobbles So you can get the 'real-time' recovery info. Hope it helps.
Hi there...I had vaser lipo 7 wks ago and its a lil tougher than they say...I was out of work for 4 days and went back on a Friday and that weekend also rested along in bed...after that...It got easier...I was just sore and swollen and very tired...I have a desk job so I made it thru my day...for me it took about two weeks till I didnt feel so lethargic...its get better day by day...not bad at all..but not like they say..."Two day and ur back at work"....its trauma to ur body...so give urself at least 4 days off...do it on a Friday so u have the weekend....good luck hun
Thanks so very much! I have 4 days off. My procedure is on the 29th, I will keep you posted. Did the procedure give you the results you wre looking for?
Sorry for the delay on getting back to u...I am 8wks post op now...I have lost alot of the fat...still waiting for my tummy to go down...still swollen. tender and a ;bit lumpy....PATIENCE is key in this whole procedure...dokeep me posted!!
So glad to hear that! I already had a tummy tuck so they will not be touching the stomach area. Just the love handles, I am sick of fat having a flat stomach and fat hanging over my jeans. I really am NOT looking forward to that awefully tight compression garment, was difficult getting on now. How did you do with your garment and are you still wearng it? I go in for procedure the 29th, a little scared and excited.
Hi Ang...I didnt mind the garment too much...My first one has the zipper all the way up the side so it was not so bad getting on and off..needed help the first wk or so cuz i was sore...but way easier than trying to pull some thing up and over ur hips...and I am still wearing one..I am now in the stage 2...which is a pull on with suspenders so I can wear my own bra...the first one was a one piece with bra in it. Look at the side zip up ones....way less pain getting on and off...I got mine at Marena...lil pricey but for what I spent on procedure...just another drop in the hat....lol...u will be fine...wishing u best of luck hun!!