Saved Me from my Own Nose - Ellicott City, MD

The reason for my surgery with Dr Le was a botched...

The reason for my surgery with Dr Le was a botched nose job that led to a large septal perforation, a collapsed nasal valve, chronic bleeding and nasal whistling, and a less than satisfactory aesthetic appearance.

It took me 8 months from the time I was diagnosed with a serious septal perforation to the day I found him, but oh he was worth the wait and the ridiculous amount of research and consultations. He's one of the only surgeons in the US, nay the world, that could handle a case as complicated as mine, and he did so effortlessly, even though the surgery lasted a whopping 9 hours.

Now, 3 months out, my nose is healing beautifully and my perf is completely sealed with Alloderm, a procedure every other surgeon I consulted was deadset against because of its high failure rate (50%). My follow-ups are always more than pleasant too. I simply cannot recommend him enough, and yes, I am delighted with my new, properly functioning nose. My friends said that my new nose looks more natural than my original nose..."meant for your face", as I quote.

Cons:

1. It's pricey, though for you primary patients or secondary patients with no complications like mine, it should be substantially cheaper. So far, I've paid $7000 for the surgeon's fee alone, $1008 for the anesthesiologists (insurance covered 80% of the original price), and I'm yet to receive my hospital bill.

2. Pain...in my arms. This is unlikely to happen to you, but I thought I should mention it. For some reason, I woke up with excruciating pain in my arms. The pain remained tormenting me for a whole month. I suspected that perhaps they weren't moved enough while I was under, but Dr Le insists that they were, and that the pain I experienced is a phenomenon that affects a small number of patients and is so far inexplicable.

Bottom line - my experience with Dr Le was far more than I could have ever asked for. He's a gifted genius that treats every one of his patients like a work of art. He takes extreme pride in every nose he blesses with his hands. In fact, he's a perfectionist almost to a fault. I recommend him above any other. Good luck!

Wow! He sounds wonderful and I'm glad you have the result you wanted! Question, what was his consult fee and what was the time it took from your consult to your actual procedure?

9 hours! Wow.

I'm so sorry you had to go through all this, but very happy you found a great surgeon who was able to do what you needed.

Thank you very much for posting your story on RealSelf. I'm sure you're helping countless others looking for information on a similar procedure.

Thank you Angie!! I'm touched by your post.
I sincerely hope talking about my experience can help others in a similar situation, if for no other reason than to save them the time and frustration I experienced trying to find the right surgeon.
I also really wanted to sing Dr Le's praises on the net...the man is so modest he doesn't do nearly enough to promote himself. He truly does what he does for the love of it. I honestly felt honored to become acquainted with such a great mind yet humble heart.
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

The way Dr Le handled my case is unparalleled in every way possible.