Extended Mini Tummy Tuck with Lipo - Ellicott City, MD

I had a mini tummy tuck with lipo to the abdomen,...

I had a mini tummy tuck with lipo to the abdomen, flanks, waist and inner thighs on February 11, 2011 by Dr. M. So far no swelling or bruising; more unconfortable than anyting. My pain pump was taken out yesterday and now I can't wait to lose the drainage tubes! Absolutely love him! I'll check back in a in couple of weeks with an update.

Photo Update

I did swell and it is still going down. Dr. M...

I did swell and it is still going down. Dr. M told me that the area right above the incision would be the last place for the swelling to go down.
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Hello I will be having an extended mini tummy tuck,lipo,muscle tightening ,breast augmentation and a breast lift all in the same day.. I'm scheduled for oct 24 and I'm a lil nervous ive had 3 c section which where a piece of cake but I'm solo scared of so many hours under anestesia. How long was ur surgery for and are the binders uncomfortable? Do u have an updated pic?
You look amazing what a great result. Such a clean looking scar .. I would love to see an up day of how ur scar fades.. :p all the best
Update
Looks great. Your scar looks very similar to mine. I took my binder off today to have a look. I am still very swollen. I feel good though not too much pain at all. The breasts hurt more than anything else. Looking forward to a shower tomorrow. I just hope I'll be able to dry my hair as it's so hard to lift my arms.
Well. He's wonderful! Good luck and take it easy!
hey JRP,
I am having the exact same procedure with Dr. M tomorrow with the addition of the dorsal roll! How are things going for you??
I was told by my husband that I was given several shots to the stomach area to numb me for awhile, had a pain pump which automatically released meds every two hours, and the nurses gave me morphine. I stayed overnight at the hosiptal and would recommend that and the pain pump to anyone. All in all, I was told the majority of the pain was from the umbilical hernia repair and muscle move. The worst was getting up out of bed and getting back into bed. Howver, it HURT more so in the areas where I had lipo (waist and flanks). It's getting easier everyday. The worst part about the whole experience for me has been the aggravtion of the drainage tubes and being able to find a comfortable position to sleep and sit. The way it looks now, I'll have them out a the end of the week or early next week. You'll do fine! I wish you the best!
wow, you stayed over night with a mini? I am not even having the surgery in a hospital so that wasn't ever an option. I am going into a "surgery center" for mine and they scheduled me for 2 hour time slot...WOW. so I am to wake up and walk out the door within two hours. amazing. freaks me out really. no pain pump either. he wrote me a prescription but said I should be up and around pretty quickly....and back to work in a week. I am having mini TT with small lipo and lower muscle repair. thanks again for your posts and support!
How was the recovery? How quickly were you able to get up and around and how did you feel when you woke from anesthesia? My mini with lipo and repair to the lower muscles is scheduled for March 3rd...just 8 days away and I am starting to panic about how I will feel and if I will want to change my mind and run out of the surgery center the morning of. would you mind sharing before/after pics? it would be so helpful! thank you so much for posting!
Not yet! I had planned with the office to have them removed tomorrow but the drainage hasn't slowed that much over the weekend. I suspect that when I do have them remove it will not be pleasant. One of the stiches has already came undone so I've been really uncomfortable on that side. I am so ready for these things to be gone. They have actually been the worst part of this whole process.

Thanks for posting to RealSelf! Are your drains gone yet? If so, how did it feel having them removed?

A pain. Can't wait to have them removed. It's different for each person but I don't think I'll have them much longer. I'll post before and after pics once I've healed. Good luck. Are u having the procedure done in MD w/ Dr. M?
Wow sounds like you are doing well. I will be having the same proceedure done this Monday 2/21/11. I'm at the excited stage at this point!!!! Are you going to post before and after pics? The thing I think will bother me the most is the drains. How are they?
Now that the anticipated day and came and gone, how are you? Are the drains bothering you as much as you thought they would?