Time for Mama to Get a Tune Up! - Woodbridge, NJ

I have a hernia and didn't want a scar on my belly...

I have a hernia and didn't want a scar on my belly button, so a tummy tuck is the best option for me!

Took about 4 years before I got fed up not only having the bulging belly but also of how I felt :( when trying on clothing despite of girdles, spanx etc. and still looked 5 months pregnant.

I lost 40 lbs through Zumba and healthier eating - but oh no! The tummy wasn't going anywhere! Argggh!

I'm nervous but I love that there’s realself .com - it’s definitely positive and encouraging D

Look forward to all your posts and advice! the anesthesia, that’s it. I’ve must of changed my mind about 500 times..but I would need to undergo surgery anyway because of the hernia anyway.

Sooooooooo, Dr. Alkon is board certified and surgery is performed in a hospital not a clinic, I’m a healthy woman, don’t smoke or do drugs or abuse alcohol...

I will be just fine!

Just think about my beautiful kids that’s all - it’s the only thing I worry about really.

pics to follow..

Newark Plastic Surgeon

I Googled for surgeons in my area. I chose Dr. Alkon because I felt comfortable and at ease during the consultation. He took his time answering all of my questions & concerns.

need some support/encouragement from realself ladies... because of the storm, family will not be available to help out. it's only my hubby and i. feels lonely, surgery on tuesday!
Hey... How did your surgery go? How are you feeling? Are you pleased with Dr Alkons work? I went to see him a few weeks ago.
hi ladies! i really hope you and your families are ok...there is so much negativity going on. people fighting over gas and what not, no heat or water. you can't miss it, the situation hits you right in the face to give you a reality check. i pray for all and am grateful for mine :) had my pre-admission testing this morning, so far it turned out healthy :) be gracious all and most of all thankful 4 more days to go!
pmvo4 do you need muscle repair as well. Your belly looks alot like mine and my surgeon also suggested muscle repair, no lipo. Let us know how it goes on your pre-op appt.
why is it my thoughts are "this is a sign for you not to have the surgery" lol, going nuts over here...trying to stay focused and calm
my pre admin testing has been postponed twice because of the storm..my tt is set for 11/6. amazing how REAL this is getting as the day approaches. i am totally freaking out now - YIKES! the good thing is that since i've been home, i've been catching up on house work and getting things in order before surgery anyway, i'm do for pre admin testing on friday. we'll see.... hope you're all healing & feeling better :)
You'll do great, don't worry!
I think you'll do fine. Just one day at a time and that date will be string you smack in the face lol.., I am up for the 2nd of Nov, so i am just as excited. :o) keep us posted!
I know that darn stomach is the last to go...lol :) Keep us posted and you will look great!!!
When is your surgery? Keep us posted.
sorry! i meant... "Look forward to all your posts and advice! the only thing that scares me is the anesthesia, that’s it. I’ve must of changed my mind about 500 times..but I would need to undergo surgery anyway because of the hernia anyway."