Dr.Jaggi Rao blepharoplasty nightmare - Edmonton, AB

It’s been over 1 year since I paid Dr. Rao to do...

It’s been over 1 year since I paid Dr. Rao to do a blepharoplasty on my upper eye lids. My left eye is alot smaller than my right and it is wide open, it feels tight and pulling. My right eye looks and feels droopy, on the outer corner area of the lid there is a big flap of sagging skin. There are very noticeable bleach white scars on my lids. The scars are wide like stretch marks because when my stitches were taken out, a few hours later the incisions split wide open. I phoned Dr. Rao in a panic & scared to death. He told me to take a picture of the open incisions and send it to his phone and said don’t worry it won’t scar.

I now have bleach white crescent moons on my lids that run from the inside corner of the eye to the outside corner. When I look down or close my eyes I look like frankensteins bride. It’s devastating, I can’t describe the emotional trauma. Dr. Rao was in such a rush to have the surgery done in under 40 minutes he did a horrible job and now I have to live with the results.

Dr. Jaggi Rao disfigured my eyes!!!

My emotional trauma continues. I went swimming this summer and you can imagine how scary my eyes looked because the lids were red and the wide scars white, even though the make-up says it's waterproof it's not and I have tried many different brands. My eyes used to be the prettiest feature I had, I cry all the time now, my tummy is sick every time I look in the mirror. I am so self conscious. It's been 2 years since Dr. Jaggi Rao's botched blepho. I wish I could sue him. Even though it wouldn't make it better it would give me some form of retribution. After I stop crying I get angry at him. He's ruined my self esteem and my beauty, he has deformed and disfigured my eyes!!! It's so wrong that he's such a schmoozing flirt and incompetent dermatologist putting other ladies at risk. I have talked to my family doc about it and she was shocked that Dr. Jaggi Rao did not use dissolving stitches, she said if he had I probably wouldn't have scarred so bad, she also agrees that my eyes are out of proportion, one being waaay smaller than the other. She doesn't think I could do another blepho as Dr. Jaggi Rao took off way too much lid and there's nothing left, the lid on the smaller eye barely closes. :-(
Edmonton Dermatologist

UofA

You should maybe try to contact Dr Jeffrey Dawes out of Calgary. He has done some reconstructive work on a lot of patients who have had bad surgeries. I'm going in to have an upper and lower bleph done on the 20th of this month. I can keep you up to date with my progress if you'd like?
Hi, I hope your surgeon is a real surgeon and not a dermatologist. All the best with your surgery.
I do not know what you are talking about. I had blepharoplasty done in October and he did Everything he could to take care of me, even gave me his personal cell number if I had any concerns. He took over an hour to do the procedure and I was completely healed within a couple weeks. I am so happy with the results and my scars are almost invisible. His assistant even called me to come check up in a few days. I love going to the clinic, dr Rao and his team have been nothing but kind to me and I feel at home every time I step into his clinic!! Definitely the best Dermatologist in the city and I highly recommend anyone to see him.
Hi, I am happy for you that yours turned out. I wish mine had.
Find out if Alberta health will pay for a revision (I am from Calgary) When I fell skiing and my breast implant burst, AB health paid for them to be removed. In the US (where I had them done) it is either the same or more expensive to have them removed. Also perhaps you can look into permanent makeup to cover the scars. Don't go to just anybody,,there is a lady called "Netty" at Netty's House of Beauty in Calgary. I know it will be inconvenient and expensive but there are a lot of botched jobs with perm makeup too. She has been in business for 30 years. She did my permanent eyeliner and a friend's and friends of friends. I am not 100% sure if she does eyeshadow but she does so much else you can ask her if she would try. She is very very good,,,and it would be worth it. Best of luck,,I am so sorry about your situation!!!
thank you for the tip. I went swimming this summer and you can imagine how scary my eyes looked because the lids were red and the wide scars white, even though the make-up says it's waterproof it's not and I have tried many different brands. My eyes used to be the prettiest feature I had, I cry all the time now, my tummy is sick every time I look in the mirror. I am so self conscious. It's been 2 years since Dr. Jaggi Rao's botched blepho. I wish I could sue him. Even though it wouldn't make it better it would give me some form of retribution. After I stop crying I get angry at him. He's ruined my self esteem and my beauty, he has deformed and disfigured my eyes!!! It's so wrong that he's such a schmoozing flirt and incompetent dermatologist putting other ladies at risk. I have talked to my family doc about it and she was shocked that Dr. Jaggi Rao did not use dissolving stitches, she said if he had I probably wouldn't have scarred so bad, she also agrees that my eyes are out of proportion, one being waaay smaller than the other. She doesn't think I could do another blepho as Dr. Jaggi Rao took off way too much lid and there's nothing left, the lid on the smaller eye barely closes. :-(
Why are you paying?!?!?!!!
Oh that incompetent dermatologist has been paid. I put the $3,000 fee for Dr. Jaggi Rao's horrible eye surgery on my VISA.
Did you try discussing this with Dr Rao? I have found him to be nothing but kind!!
Dr. Jaggi Rao is a salesman schmoozer. I originally went to see him to have some laser wrinkle skin treatment done and he sold me on having a blepho. Dr. Jaggi Rao said if I booked it within 4 days he would give me $500 off and further he did not recommend paying for a surgeon to do it with knife incision when he could do it with his laser in less than 40 minutes! with no bruising, scarring, bleeding and half the cost. In fact Dr. Jaggi Rao said to me the only part that will hurt is the wallet but it would be so worth it. He was done in 40 minutes alright, my right eye was very bruised and the incisions split open because he took the stitches out too soon. He wanted me to send him a pic of the eyelids when they split open but instead I went to his office and he said there was nothing he could do and it won't scar. As I said the scars are wide bleach white crescent moons and very noticeable. I am stomach sick all the time :-( What could Dr. Jaggi Rao do to make it better? How do you get rid of stretch marks, cause that's what they look like. He's already told me there is nothing he can do. His kindness won't make this go away :-(
Can you not go to an ocuplastic ps and get this fixed?!?!
What is an ocuplastic ps? I've never heard of that.
thank you.
Your Edmonton? Right? Check out Dr. Wolfli
Dr Wolfli is a plastic surgeon with an ocuplastic fellowship ( extra training in eye revision)
Hi - thanks. maybe he can fix the droopy eye and saggy skin pocket, but I doubt he can do anything for the scars, they're like stretchmarks, bleach white and wide. I am so self conscious about them. Before I can see anyone for help I'll have to pay off Dr. Jaggi Rao for the damage he's done, :-( I wish I could turn back the clock...
Better bet, check out Dr Royce Johnson in Edm, saw great bleph done by him. 7kids have you gone to wolfli?
Yes I did. Royce is excellent too. Did my cousin.
I don't have much eyelid left anymore, I probably couldn't get another bleph. I think that's why they split open, the left eye especially, it's really tight much smaller than my right eye. If I could just make the scars less noticeable :-(