Absolutely Worth It - Edmonton, AB

My undereye bags have bothered me since I was a...

My undereye bags have bothered me since I was a teenager. They started to get worse and worse as I grew older (I'm now 31) and I knew by looking at both of my parents what was in store for me if I didn't do something about it. After seeing a dermatologist, who referred me to a opthalmologist surgeon who strictly does eyelid surgery (cosmetic and non -cosmetic). After meeting with the Dr., who suggested I could do both upper and lower s, I decided to just go with the lower trans. surgery as I did not want to look different, I just wanted to look 'better'.

I spent quite a bit of time on this website and truth be told, I almost talked myself out of it. I am so glad I decided to trust in my extremely experienced Dr. however, as it has been 4 days and my eyes look amazing.

4 days later and I have slight swelling and bruising. I took Bromelain and Arnica Montana immediately after the surgery, and I have also been using Traumeel and an Arnica gel on my upper cheeks twice a day, so maybe that is why the healing is going so well.

I would recommend this surgery to anyone - just please do your research first and do not go to a regular plastic surgeon. The eyes are tricky - only trust an eye surgeon.

Dr Royce Johnson

Incredible experience. Awesome bedside manner. Great staff. Expert in his field (over 28 years experience)

Thank vey much for your review. I'm scheduled for the lower transcutaneous blepharoplasty surgery this coming December also with Dr. Royce Johnson. I've elected to go with this type of surgery because I do gave some excess skin and I'm also concerned about being in the sun if I went with the laser resurfacing. (I spend a lot of time outside and do travel a bit to sunny locations) Did you have the laser resurfacing done? Thanks for your time.
Hi there, I did not have the laser resurfacing done as I am still quite young and it wasn't necessary for me. All I can say is that the first month after surgery may be hard, but once you've made it through that, you won't think twice about your decision. Best of luck!