The BEST Decision Ever Made - Edmonds, WA

As a 5'4" 55 yr old woman I decided it was time to...

As a 5'4" 55 yr old woman I decided it was time to do something permanent about my stubborn 90+ lbs. overweight most of my adult life. Didn't know the first thing about a "sleeve", but I was familiar with bypass and lap band, having friends with both procedures done and with varying success. I sort of stumbled upon the information watching YouTube videos. It was very informative to watch many, many videos (which I highly recommend) about this process and the outcomes from people of all walks of life. Without exception, everyone whose videos I watched had success without having to re-route intestines or have a foreign object in the body.
That was all I needed to make the decision, plus meeting with doctors at the U.W. Medical Center in Seattle, and finally deciding to have the procedure done at Puget Sound Bariatric Surgical Center in Edmonds, WA. The procedure was done as an outpatient and I had minimal pain for only the first two or three days.
So far, as of this writing, I have lost an average of 3 lbs per week since my surgery on July 8th, for a total of 49 lbs in three months since my high recorded weight (249) at my first appointment at the U.W. Med. Center.
I'm beyond elated, happy with the outcome! It's taken some getting used to but OH SO WORTH IT. So many changes have already taken place, beyond losing 3 clothing sizes so far. I have only the best things to say about my "team" at Puget Sound Bariatric Surgery, and Dr. Landerholm. They have a wonderful and complete aftercare program with a group of folks to ensure your success and health.
My portion (Cost is out of pocket that insurance didn't cover) was $1850, which included the aftercare appointments.

3.5 months out from VSG surgery

-50 lbs from highest weight and very happy with progress. Hoping for another 50 lbs.

Week 23 Post Op Update

Still going strong at week 23 after VSG.
Beginning highest weight: 249
Surgery day: 237
Week 23: 189 for a total loss of 60 lbs!
Dr. Landerholm

Professional, super, knowledgeable, listens carefully to all concerns and answers every question without hesitation. He gives you all the information and never once did I feel he was in a hurry - he was relaxed and had a good sense of humor, too. I felt very secure in his experience and level of expertise. His team is equally good. They are wonderful!

So happy for you, well done . I am also 55 and I am going to havea revision to gastric sleeve from a lapba d. Feb 24 removal and 3 month later the sleeve . Ni e to see peoe in our age group as young as we are having so much success take care
Awesome
60 pounds is GREAT! I live in Mukilteo and had my surgery Thursday in Everett. Went back to work yesterday and am feeling fine. No loss yet but today am finally back to my day of surgery weight. Congrats! You're more than halfway there now!
Wonderful! You are going to be a totally different person in a few short months! Congratulations on your surgery! There are some good WLS support groups in your area, too. Those are extremely helpful. I found just getting rid of the "big" clothes was such a relief. They have clothing exchanges at the support groups, too...nice since you know you will only be in interim sizes for a short time. How nice is that? :o)
kudos to you !!!

Hey there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

I've never heard of this being done as an outpatient procedure before, but I'm glad everything went well for you. Congratulations on your weight loss so far!

Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Thanks for sharing..I noticed you said yours was outpatient, so did you not have to stay one night at the hospital.
They have the only outpatient program available, that I am aware of. This is all they do, and they have their system down to perfection. The only reason a person would have to spent the night is with sleep apnea, using a CPAP machine, etc. They need to monitor those who are. Otherwise no need to stay overnight. It's wonderful.
hello Connie, thanks for sharing your story. I also am 50 , I want to be fit and fabulous so having the surgery on Nov 8, I picked the sleeve because I know people that have had both and I felt like this was the best option for me. Keep posting !
Fabulous is right! You will love the results. I will post "after" pictures soon. Need my hubby to assist.