Project Curse the Fupa to Commence! - Edmond, OK

Mother of two, 4 year old daughter and 8 month old...

Mother of two, 4 year old daughter and 8 month old son born via c-section. After my first baby I was able to lose the weight after about 9months but always had the extra little 'flap' of skin. It wasn't until after my second baby and the c-section that I realized the stretch marks and now bigger flap of skin, which I have named my 'fupa', would not be going away no matter how much weight I lost. After deciding to have a total hysterectomy I thought it might be a good time to pursue the tummy tuck. After working with my gynecologist I was able to find a dr that I am very impressed with and we were able to schedule both surgeries back to back.

I'm worried about the recovery period and not being able to lift my son for 6 weeks but ecstatic that I will no longer have to tuck my fupa in my jeans everyday.

Best of luck today!!!
Hi Blueswank
I wanted to say hi I noticed we about 6 days apart and I am also new to the site. Welcome!

LOL I love it...your Fupa.  Now that's cute.  Have not heard that one before.  Well have your goodbye party because Fupa is out of here!

I know that six weeks seems like a really long time to not hold you baby but it will go fast.  You will need to really pamper yourself so that you recover properly.  Since you are having both procedures you will need to be extra careful.  Don't push yourself and please accept all of the help people offer.

Let the house go if necessary and just focus on you.  If you just give into the healing process it will be a much easier six weeks.  No Wonder Woman moves for a while.

I will be excited to follow your journey and see the before and after pics.  Keep us all up to date.

I had interviewed a couple doctors before I chose...

I had interviewed a couple doctors before I chose one. I just had a comfortable feeling and he was able to answer all my questions and include all the possible things that could go wrong. I scheduled my full tummy tuck with lipo and my abs, flanks, and back along with a full hysterectomy. The surgery took approx. 6 hours. Recovery is painful. I have had 2 kids, one vaginally and the other by C-section and those were a breeze compared. It took about 2-3 weeks to start feeling like I wanted to move around a little more. I actually felt like the recovery from the lipo was worse than the actual tummy tuck/incision. I did not expect to have the bulb things hanging out of me to collect blood for several days. The first couple days after the surgery are a blur and I'm thankful for that. I stayed on my pain medication and did ok. I over did it a couple times and paid for it with increased pain, swelling, and fatigue. It's very important to take it easy like everyone will tell you. I'm a little over a year out from my surgery and it has changed my life! I was able to get rid of 2 lbs of skin and 3 liters of fat! disgusting but exciting. I had the surgery 6 months after having my 2nd baby via c-section. I had what I called my 'fupa' that would just flop over. It was stretched out skin that would not go away with any amount of working out. Not to mention my abs were stretched apart and would not be able to repair themselves with any amount of cardio or crunches. I now have a body I could have only dreamed of before. My doctor was awesome and really put a lot of time into sculpting with the lipo so i have a natural hourglass shape. I went from a size 10-12 to a 2-4 and I'm ashamed to say I don't have a healthy diet or work out regularly. It was the best money and time spent. I would do it ten times over if I had to. I love my new body!
I am scheduled w/Genisis for late October , do you have any photos you would like to share? Thank you ;)
Dr Panchal

Updated on 3 Jan 2013: One of the best doctors I have ever had the opportunity to have work done by. He and his staff are the nicest and most comforting people in some difficult and potentially embarrassing situations. I have referred anyone and everyone to Dr. Panchal at Genesis Plastic Surgery and if I have anything done in the future he will definitely be my go-to doctor!