Upper and Lower Jaw Surgery and Chin Reduction - Edinburgh, GB

I had my upper and lower jaw moved with a chin...

I had my upper and lower jaw moved with a chin reduction 6 months ago now, and I must say the worst thing I could have done, I still don't know what I will look like as my face is swollen more than it is normal, today I feel as if my face has had a stroke I can't smile and the pain is unbearable, I waited such a long time for this procedure and now I regret it, been informed it could take up to 5 years before I can breathe through my nose and up to two years before everything is the way it should be, such a long and horrible procedure
Duncan Campbell

I think that's along time to still experience pain. I had mine done on December 2012 and now everything feels good. I used to have tightness feeling in my right jaw every time I opened it wide, but I kept working on it using sticks ( I slowly adding 1 pc every time my jaw opened wider). Now it's better and I can open it now without the pain in my right jaw.
Did you get upper and lower jaw done, I got mine December 5th, and I still suffer soo much for it, to the stage I can't get out bed, just wish it would get better
I only had a lower jaw done. I have under bite and crossed bite. After the surgery I hardly had any pain. I stopped taking pain med in 3 days. The only reason I took the pain meds was to go to sleep. It relaxes me and made me feel comfortable. I hope you feel better.
That's good then, I was on pain meds for at least 6 weeks daily now I just take them when I need them, hopefully all gets better soon
how are you doing? I had upper and lower done and I am in extreme pain in my chin and lip. Mine was 7 weeks ago and I dont know how I can last like this.
I'm in Glasgow and was considering getting my upper jaw brought forward possibly with a chin implant. Would you mind letting me know your surgeon?
I got referred to my surgeon by my orthodontist, think that's the only way you can get this operation without paying for it Reply
Most of the time it's sore and swollen I have like one good day a week, didn't expect it to be so bad

Yeah, 6 months would feel like a really long time to be experiencing that. Hopefully it continues to get better. Please keep us updated on what changes you see and how things are feeling.

Thanks

Thank you so much for starting your review. I'm really sorry to hear that the recovery is so rough. You mentioned you still have a lot of pain at the 6 month mark, has that been the case ever since the surgery or does it come and go?