Smartlipo/Vaser Smoothed out my Bra Rolls, Muffin Top! - Edina, MN

I had smartlipo and vaser liposuction on my back...

I had smartlipo and vaser liposuction on my back and love handles 5 weeks ago. Decided to have it done after a friend had a great result on her love handles.

I am very pleased so far, but won't have my final result for awhile. Still wearing my lipo garment to bed and a support cami during the day. Also having Triactive laser treatments to speed healing and smooth the result.

The procedure was not bad at all, the worst part for me was the initial injection of sedation and pain meds - burned like crazy! Thought I might faint for a minute there, ha ha. Then it was fine. The numbing part is a tad uncomfortable, but nothing like I had feared. Left the office still completely numb, don't remember any pain until the next day. Did leak some fluid the first evening, and had to take my garment off to wash it so I wouldn't have to sleep in a wet one! So do use the maxipads over your incisions (under the garment) at first.

Was sore for 2 weeks, but only took the next day off work. I'd recommend at least 2 or three days off after surgery. I was glad to have pain pills for the first few days. What I have seen is your lipo looks perfect right after surgery when it is a little swollen, then after a few weeks looks worse, and more uneven. This stage is disheartening and you just have to not look in the mirror too much! Then with time and massage gets better looking again.

At this point I still have some hardness/lumpiness on my sides and lower back. I have faith that with time, massage, and the Triactive treatments, it will soften up again.

Update, now at 3 months post op.  Well,...

Update, now at 3 months post op.  Well, everthing has softened nicely.  I don't have any lumps left now, think the Triactive laser treatments sped the softening process for me.  I will say I don't think my back looks quite as good now as it did earlier.  I have seen this in other peoples posts as well!  I do not think I have gotten any skin tightening effect from the smart lipo, and now that swelling is gone, it may be loose skin, making it appear worse again.  I still have an improvement, just not as impressive as it looked at about 2 months post.  I know complete result takes more time, so we'll see if it changes in the coming months.  I will post again later.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

He is kind, caring, experienced, and meticulous. His credentials are excellent!