I'm 57 and After 30 Years of Being Physically Active in Construction I Didn't Know the Woman in the Mirror! - Edina, MN

I turned 57 and went through Menopause and my face...

I turned 57 and went through Menopause and my face fell! After 30 years of being physically active in Construction I didn't know the woman in the mirror! So I said HECK NO!!!! I scheduled surgery after looking at many blogs online ad visiting 2 plastic surgeons here in Minneapolis. I'll post more pics as I go. I'm only 4 days post op.

Thanks for sharing, looking forward to seeing more after photos
Thanks for posting! I'm anxious to follow your journey. I'm having a mini lift May 28th. You look great and only 4 days out. Can you explain in more detail exactly what you had done and how your recovery pain and swelling wise is going? Happy Healing!!

Day 5

Feeling awesome! no pain, no bruising. I had upper and lower eye lid skin removed. face lift with cut above, in front and behind ears. and chin tuck. a cut under my chin with lipo.

Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing. It's amazing that you don't have more bruising. Are you having to sleep sitting up right now?
I sleep on 2 pillows. almost NO bruising. very happy.

Day 7 of face lift, upper and lower eye lift and chin tuck.

I'm feeling great. no pain... unless I push directly onto my stitches.. Almost NO bruising. I had the upper eye lid stitches removed today. lowers will dissolve. I'll go next week to have the stitches behind my ears removed. no regrets. I can honestly say I have not needed any pain meds. I used ice packs almost 24/7 for the first 48 hours, then every few hours after than. Head elevated.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 7

Happy with surgeon and staff. No pain. No bruising. I had upper eye lid stitches removed today. Lowers will dissolve. Next week I'll have the stitches behind my ears removed, The ones in front of my ears will dissolve.

You are doing great and looking wonderful!
Thank you! I fee great.
Ahhh, wonderful day 7 -- glad you are doing well

Day 8

face lift, eyes, chin.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 9 post op

I have no complaints, no regrets. so far - so good. I choose a surgeon who's been doing this for 28 years... I figured he wouldn't be in business in the same location if he didn't know what he was doing. I was right. :)

I want to truly thank you for sharing your journey with all of us who are on our way to where you've been! I love your updates and pictures! Please keep them coming! You look amazing! And more so every day. I am thrilled to hear that you had so little pain and we're able to manage it with ice packs! You're kinda my hero ; -) . I too am a 'Northern girl's, from Minnesota, but moved to Georgia 5 years ago. When I moved here I had a few marionette lines above my lip. Since then.....my face (my chin and neck) has begun to slide so far and fast that I 've decided I will do something wonderful, for me and just for me. I am the type that does all the research on what's the best for my particular needs, what's new in the world of 'women's skin car's? Who does it really well? What does it cost and what do 'real' people's results really look like? You've been able to answer all of these questions for no doubt, thousands of women! Again, thank you! In a private message would you be willing to share the name of the doctor that you used? Thanks! Lindalee55811

Day 11

I'm getting there ... still puffy eyes but I haven't had a single day when I didn't feel GREAT. I had 30iu of Botox on forehead and between eye brows on my deep "III". Hopeful that will look better in a week or so :)

I agree! My doc must be good. He's been doing this for 28 years and hasn't been run out of town yet...hahaha. I expected the worse but was happy and blessed that I didn't turn black and blue.:) I went on a job interview day 5 and received offer. Awesome!

Thank you to all who shared!

Thanks to all you gals who shared your experiences. It gave me the courage to GO FOR IT! I hope I can do the same for someone down the road. My experience has been a positive one. Carpe Diem!

Wow….you look so great!!
Wow! What a difference!! You look fabulous, NG! I'm just beginning my journey and I'm curious ~ did you tell your friends and family before you had your surgery? If you didn't, they would HAVE to notice with the dramatic results you got. So, in general, what was their response to you having the work done? I definitly want to "freshen" my face, but I'm concerned how the people in my life will feel and act toward me for doing it. I live in a small, Bible-belt town in NE Texas with the inevitable odd mix of vicious gossip and Christian values.
Will provide in private message

Dr. Gregory Mesna. Mesna Plastic Surgery Edina MN