I'm 57 and After 30 Years of Being Physically Active in Construction I Didn't Know the Woman in the Mirror! - Edina, MN

I turned 57 and went through Menopause and my face...

I turned 57 and went through Menopause and my face fell! After 30 years of being physically active in Construction I didn't know the woman in the mirror! So I said HECK NO!!!! I scheduled surgery after looking at many blogs online ad visiting 2 plastic surgeons here in Minneapolis. I'll post more pics as I go. I'm only 4 days post op.

Day 5

Feeling awesome! no pain, no bruising. I had upper and lower eye lid skin removed. face lift with cut above, in front and behind ears. and chin tuck. a cut under my chin with lipo.

Day 7 of face lift, upper and lower eye lift and chin tuck.

I'm feeling great. no pain... unless I push directly onto my stitches.. Almost NO bruising. I had the upper eye lid stitches removed today. lowers will dissolve. I'll go next week to have the stitches behind my ears removed. no regrets. I can honestly say I have not needed any pain meds. I used ice packs almost 24/7 for the first 48 hours, then every few hours after than. Head elevated.

Day 7

Happy with surgeon and staff. No pain. No bruising. I had upper eye lid stitches removed today. Lowers will dissolve. Next week I'll have the stitches behind my ears removed, The ones in front of my ears will dissolve.

Day 8

face lift, eyes, chin.

Day 9 post op

I have no complaints, no regrets. so far - so good. I choose a surgeon who's been doing this for 28 years... I figured he wouldn't be in business in the same location if he didn't know what he was doing. I was right. :)

Day 11

I'm getting there ... still puffy eyes but I haven't had a single day when I didn't feel GREAT. I had 30iu of Botox on forehead and between eye brows on my deep "III". Hopeful that will look better in a week or so :)

Thank you to all who shared!

Thanks to all you gals who shared your experiences. It gave me the courage to GO FOR IT! I hope I can do the same for someone down the road. My experience has been a positive one. Carpe Diem!
Will provide in private message

Dr. Gregory Mesna. Mesna Plastic Surgery Edina MN