69 Year Old Grandmother and in Need of a Tummy Tuck - Australia, AU

After having my first child at 17 and 2nd child at...

After having my first child at 17 and 2nd child at 18 (which was a c.section) I was in real need of help with the lose skin on my tummy. I am so pleased with the result of my tummy tuck. Dr Jeremy Hunt did a marvellous job and exceeded my expectations. The operation surprisingly was not as painful as I had imagined it would be. After 51 years I no longer have the c/section scar from belly button to pubic area (the old way of doing the c/sections. It is great no longer having the unsightly scar down the centre of my tummy - I am so thrilled with the result. I have less stretch marks also, and a cute little belly button.

Nearly 9 weeks post op

Feeling a bit fed up today. I tried going without my CG today but put it on again after about 5 hours. I was a little uncomfortable and could feel a little jarring as I walked. I am still sore and the swelling today is not good. When I touch my stomach muscles in between my breasts they still feel like they are bruised and swollen, I can feel a lump. The top half of my stomach the skin isn't as firm as the lower half. The lower half is really firm, maybe I am expecting too much too soon and because I am old maybe that is the way it will be. Just wanted to have a bit of a moan this evening. I will probably feel more up tomorrow.

Five Month Update

It is now five months since my TT and I am feeling good. I was concerned about the upper part of my stomach just below my breasts being still a bit puffy and not as firm as the lower part. Unfortunately Dr was unable to pull my skin any tighter there. I could have more lipo but then the skin would be loose. At my age I think leave well enough alone as the improvement has been amazing. Nearly 70 and no more C.section scar from BB to pubic area is fantastic. I am very happy with the results.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Hunt is very professional and he always has a smile on his face and very down to earth. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Hunt to my friends and family. The staff at the practice are only too happy to help at all times

You look flat! Awesome. Happy to see your nice results. Thanks for posting pics. :-)
Yes I am pleased with the results, although the top bit still worries me a bit. Thanks for your comments
wow! you look totally amazing!
Thank you for your comment. I was not game to post the before photo as it was too bad. I am concerned some of my ex workmates may see it. lol
Glad its going well. Settle in to the swelling for a while. Unfortunately it hangs around a very long time. You still have quite a while to go before you will be close to seeing your end results. Its hard not to look too closely we are always so critical of our own bodies. Would love to see some pics.
I will have to get a decent picture taken, I am too critical of the ones my husband has taken. I am off to see the nurse at ps office today as I have this one bit of stitch still sticking out. It has been snipped off twice before but still insists on staying there. I don't like looking at myself too much, I am still concerned that the scars will thicken. I am wearing silicon strips 24/7 so hopefully that will help. I do massage the scars each night with bio oil before putting on the silicon. I am also still wearing my cg as it gives me the comfort that I want. Thanks for replying to me. Best wishes
Congrats! You're an inspiration to all those who think they're "too old". Age is determined by how you feel. The real results will be around the 6 month Mark but could be right up to a year.
Any photos? I would love to see the before and after. Welcome to the flat side
Not as yet still a bit of swelling. Looks good though
I'll be 3 months on May 13th 2014 and most of the week I've been swollen. I'm wearing my compression garment then a hardcover book as an abdominal board and then a compression binder (the book is in between) I'll post pictures tomorrow. If I remove the cg I feel uncomfortable/ unprotected. It's so weird. I even walk a little hunch over and when I put it back on, I immediately straighten up 0.o ,.the hard book in the middle help by reducing the swelling..we're in the same boat with the swelling but better than before..May you continue to heal :-) take care
Gee that sounds awful having to wear all those things. I like the way I look in clothes but am not too fond of the ones without clothes. Wonderful compared to before though. Thank you for your reply and well wishes. I hope you can soon take that book away lol.