Thank You Dr Wendel!! - Eddyville, KY

After a diagnosis of breast cancer, I had...

After a diagnosis of breast cancer, I had bilateral mastectomies. Dr Wendel was recommended by a very trusted surgeon and he began the reconstruction process immediately following mastectomies. I had bilateral expanders placed followed by a series of injections to bring my breasts to a size suited for my frame and to my comfort level After the appropriate amount of time and monitoring by Dr Wendel, the expanders were replaced by implants. Dr Wendel discussed each option thoroughly with me in regards to best reconstruction procedure for my specific case and which type and size of implants were well suited for me. He allows plenty of time for questions, and wanted me to be fully comfortable with each choice.
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Breast cancer is a scary, difficult thing to face. There is fear for your life, there is a fear for loss of normalcy and of self image. Dr. Wendel not only is skilled in the intricate details of his work, but has an understanding of patient concerns and allows them to feel safe and at ease during all the procedures necessary for reconstruction. I am very grateful to him for his professionalism, his compassion and being genuine toward me. He made a very difficult time in my life a lot more bearable emotionally and with great results physically. Thank you Dr Wendel and staff!!!

Congratulations on your new breasts and for conquering the cancer! I am sorry you had to go through this but I'm happy to hear you are pleased with your results. Do you recall what size implants you got? Are you similar to your pre op cup size? Thank you for sharing your personal story on RealSelf!