Happy 1st birthday, beautiful boobies! - East Midlands, UK

Used to be a 34B and about 110 lbs for a long...

Used to be a 34B and about 110 lbs for a long time, was somewhat happy with size, but would have liked to be maybe a cup size bigger. Experienced a dramatic weight loss after going through a lot of stress in 2003. In 2004, I was living in America, and decided to have saline implants inserted. As I was only a 34A at the time, and very skinny, the surgeon was reluctant to go the size I wanted, 34DD. He asked numerous times if I was sure.

I had them under the muscle, and once the swelling and pain went away, they dropped into quite a natural position. I have broad shoulders so they didn't look out of place.

Since I've moved back to the UK and quit smoking, I've now put on the weight I lost, and gained more, and have rocketed up to a 36DD. As there was very little room in the boob as it was, they have become rather uncomfortable, and no longer feel like they're part of me. The right one has also started to get a bit mis-shaped, and I am developing double bubble.

Consulted a surgeon that I'm very happy with, and scheduled to have them out on Dec 8th. I won't be having replacements, and I was concerned about drooping, but he said I have a fair amount of natural tissue there, so I should be ok in time. I'm 36 years old, and have tried to look after my skin by avoiding the sun and moisturising, so I'm hoping this will pay off now. I also have soft capsules, as I have massaged them every day without fail since I had them.

I'm so excited to get these out. I miss not being able to wear strapless dresses, and as I buy shirts that are tailored at the waist, I always have to leave them open at the top, as they're too tight there otherwise. Most of all, I miss being able to hug people properly. They always got in the way! I've no regrets, as I feel they helped me get my confidence back, but I need to go back to normal now. I will post before and after pics once they're out. Sites like this one have been invaluable in helping me to make my decision! Thank you all for taking the time to contribute! :0)

P.S: Cost is in Great British Pounds.

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That's wonderful.

Not being able to hug people well would make me sad. I'm glad you're able to have these removed and that your surgeon expects your breasts to bounce back. Please keep us updated! Just another week to go and you'll be back to natural.

Well, my explantation was a success. I checked in...

Well, my explantation was a success. I checked in to the hospital at 7.20am on Thursday 8th, and was taken to theatre at 9am, so I didn't have a long wait. I was very concerned about the anaesthesia, as when I had the BA, I had a little panic attack and hyperventilated a bit. I expressed my concerns this time, and they were brilliant, very reassuring. They kept me talking so I didn't take much notice of what they were doing. When I did feel it kicking in, I just went with it and dozed off.

The op took about 40 minutes, and I woke up properly about 2 hours later. With a raging appetite, I might add. I don't think I stopped eating for more than an hour at a time. I didn't feel any pain until later that night, but even then it wasn't bad. I didn't have them en bloc, but the surgeon said the implants weren't contaminated, and they irrigated the capsule thoroughly and injected antibiotics. I understand there might be risks with leaving them in, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The next day was a bit harder. I had a fair bit of swelling on the right side that I was concerned about, and it also hurt quite a bit. The consultant's nurse came by to check on me, and said that everything looked fine and it was likely to just be surgery trauma. They gave me some prescription paracetomol, and discharged me. The swelling has gone down on that side now, and it's still quite sore, but not enough to take painkillers for it.

I've slept a lot since I got back, using every opportunity to heal as well as possible. I'm a bit more mobile today but still making sure to take it easy. Tomorrow I might go for a short walk to get some fresh air.

I looked down at my boobs once I was awake, and wasn't really shocked. They are VERY hollow at the top, but I'm pleased with how much tissue is left. They look like someone has glued two little mounds of flesh onto me! They're so soft, too, and I can't believe how much different they feel after having such large implants. The left one has already started to look better and plump up a bit. I think the right might take a bit longer, but that one ended up slightly mis-shapen with the implant in it so that's ok.

What I think helped prepare me for this is looking at pictures of other people's results. Some are really quite scary, so I told myself that would be worse-case scenario. They turned out better than that, so I'm not in the least bit bothered by their strange appearance now. I can see how people can be traumatised by it in some cases though.

When I was putting my clothes away today, I put one of my 36DD bras over my boob. It made me chuckle how big it was. I'm happy though, I know I'll be able to fit into a lot more now. Just looking forward to when I can be measured for a new bra!

All in all, if you feel this decision is right for you, do it right away!!! I can't believe the relief and comfort I felt knowing I was natural again, and I didn't even have any problems with mine, so I can't imagine how it must feel when you have medical problems. I will post before and after pics as soon as I can.

Hello! It's great to not only read about ur experience - ur a natural writer! But it's nice to finally find one in this country - so many are of ladies in the states and u start to feel like it means nothing because ur never going to use the surgeons they're talking about. So, I digress! My implants (mcghan - not PIP) are 12 yrs old and I'm kinda 'over' them, if u know what I mean. All of the recent PIP scandal has just made me address the fact that it's coming to the point where I must think about either removing or replacing them. My mind is made up for the former option - the case made even stronger in light of the recent news stories. The funny thing is that I have only made made one appointment so far and it happens to be with Adrian Richards - ur surgeon. I hope our consultation goes well - he seems very nice - from what ive seen on his YouTube videos. I just wondered how u are feeling now. Any regrets? :) Jo
Your look fab Backtonormal! Am having a removal and not that their not going to look as good as yours but with the right bras and inserts I'll be ok for the sake of my health.

Vipin- Do you mind sharing where you are going? I had mine fitted with HMG back in 2004 and things are going to be slow so am going to another place in the hope that am happy with the surgeon and will do on the 23rd Jan.

Best Wishes x
Thanks so much! you cannot imagine what a relief is to see your pics. I wish I haven't done mine in the first place but I am positive that it will be OK once they are remove. The only thing of concern for me is that in another post, one of the surgeons said that success in removal is with saline implants, and I've got silicone.... Anyway, congratulations again with your decision, you look great!

I've had my 6 week check up, everything was fine...

I've had my 6 week check up, everything was fine and I can go back to normal activity. Gym, here we come! The only thing that was "wrong", was that the internal stitches on the left side hadn't dissolved properly, I had a little bit poking out, so they had to take it out manually. Good job, too, it was starting to irritate the skin outside a bit, but it's ok now and the redness has disappeared.

I'm so thrilled at my outcome, I can't stop looking at my new natural boobs, and they feel lovely. I honestly think I look better than I did before I even had the implants. My posture is improving greatly. I used to do Irish dancing when I was a child, and always held myself with a ramrod straight back, but the implants were causing me to stoop a bit. Now I'm re-training myself, and feel tons better already.

I have posted 4 more pics, and I'm astounded how much they've filled out so early. I can now wear a cupped bra with no problems, and I would say I'm a 36B/C, depending on the style. I can't comfortably wear underwire yet, but I'll get there.

Thank you to the ladies here who have given me support and compliments, I find forums like this invaluable. :)

wow, you look so much better now! so good to read how happy you are with your lovely new natural breasts. thank you so much for sharing, Im sure your story will be an inspiration to other women who are thinking about it. :-)
Hi there, I've been following your story here and am AMAZED at how much you fluffed quickly. Thanks for posting your journey here I am sure you have helped and inspired many women who, like me, felt trapped in the remove-replace circle. We sometimes are too afraid of what we may look like without implants, we just need to give our bodies time to heal and then slowly things get better and the skin fluffs and bounces back. You look great and sexy. Who needs implants?

You look great! Very natural and feminine and pretty.

Well, it's a little over 12 weeks since my...

Well, it's a little over 12 weeks since my explant, and I feel better than ever. I'm back at the gym 3 times a week, and as a result, I've lost a little weight around my bust, which is more than fine now that I'm so comfortable. My posture is back to normal, and I can now comfortably wear underwire. I massage them a little, especially the scars, which are still very slightly tender if I push too hard, but they're looking much better. I bought some push up bras and I chuckled at the cleavage. So natural looking and I feel sexy. Now it's optional if I want to be bigger, and it feels brill to have that freedom. I can also lay on my stomach now. Still the best decision I ever made!

i am a 36 DD and i am so happy to see your results. i feel like i have a lot of natural breast tissue left ;)
Hi. They're better than they were pre-BA as I have more natural tissue there now. I had always been a very thin person what with smoking a lot and also having a very fast metabolism, but since quitting, getting older and eating more, I've filled out and look (and feel!) much better.
Absolutely amazing. You have beautiful breasts. Are they similar to pre BA?

Today is exactly one year since I got my...

Today is exactly one year since I got my disgusting implants out and I've never been happier or more certain I made the right choice. I didn't realise how much I hated them until I got used to my new boobs, and was finally able to wear clothes that fit properly, lie on my stomach, etc. Even hugging is totally different without those rocks in the way. I'm still a very comfy 36B and loving the natural cleavage.

The other day, my colleague and I were discussing appearances and I commented that I've been feeling a lot more feminine since my hair got longer. She said she noticed that after I got my implants out, and she noticed the huge boost in my confidence. She was right. I'm holding myself taller, wearing make up again, and girlie clothes. I'm so happy with my result.

I've watched Dr. Richards' video's on YouTube and if I had unlimited funds, he is the surgeon I would choose to go to for my explant without question! Your breasts look great. Congratulations!
Hi, you look fabulous. What size implants did you have. You have so much skin tissue....I fear i won't have any! :-)
Hi was dr richards able to tell you the size you will end up?
London Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon and his team at Aurora were exactly what I was hoping for. He didn't pressure me into anything at all, and gave me an honest opinion. He said I didn't need a lift, and I took that as a good sign that money wasn't their top priority, that they really did want the best for the patient. The care I received was exceptional, and I was spoiled rotten during my overnight stay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this clinic.