Liposuction of Abdomen and Flanks - Dubai, AE

I am a regular gym goer and have tried many times...

I am a regular gym goer and have tried many times to shift my flanks (love handles) with diet and exercise but could not. Last year I tried Zeltiq Coolsculpting at a cost of AED 4000, it left me with what felt like a solid roll of “dead” fat around my lower stomach. I tried massage, gym and different diets all of which did not improve this condition I was now left with.

I thought of trying Liposuction many times but decided I was too vain and could lose it by more gym work. It just didn’t move. I then researched Liposuction in Dubai and decided what the hell why not make an appointment with Dr Ashok and see what he said. At this point I was very unsure if I would go through with it. Anyway I had the appointment which went very well, Dr Ashok made me feel very at ease and explained the procedure and answered all my questions. I left the clinic feeling much more positive about having the procedure done and felt completely at ease with Dr Ashok.

I booked the surgery for the beginning of January 13. I attended a Pre-Op appointment a few days before my surgery at the Lifeline Hospital in Jebal Ali and spoke to the anesthetist who again was completely professional and made me feel comfortable going for my first General Anesthetic. The whole Pre-Op was carried out quickly but thoroughly.

The day of my surgery came and I was admitted into the Hospital and show to my private room. I was shaved for the points at which the procedure would be done (I would have preferred to have done this at home in the shower) and the Dr Ashok came in to mark and photograph me....he was cheerful and very pleasant which made me more comfortable with getting ready to "go under the knife". I was wheeled down to the operating theatre and the staff looked after me every step of the way, five minutes on the bench and I was asleep!

Waking up from my first General Anesthetic was an experience! but not a traumatic one. I stayed in for the night as Dr Ashok said there was no rush to go home. I am glad I stayed in Hospital as it allowed me to rest and be looked after by the staff….and why not!? I slept fairly well and was not in too much pain. The next day I saw Dr Ashok who was very pleased with the procedure and had kept my bottles of fat to show me like I asked (strange looking stuff!). I was still weeping the tumescent fluid so was given clean dressings and a compression garment. Once Dr Ashok had finished I could go when I wanted. I left the hospital and went home with a few days sick rest.

Over the next week or so any pain subsided and I changed the dressings and re-applied the compression garment daily. About 5 days later I went back to Dr Ashok for a follow-up where he removed the drainage tubes and let the wounds heal up. Another week passed and another follow up to check the wounds were ok….which they were.

I have to continue to wear the compression garment for another 3 months! So I will follow up this review when it finally comes off and I can see the long term effect of the surgery. So far so good though!

Overall I am very happy with Dr Ashok, the hospital and its staff and the outcome of the procedure so far.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Dr Ashok is a cheerful man with a jovial bedside manner and outlook to boot. For me he deserves the ratings I have chosen and I could not have wished for a better surgeon. I initially chose Dr Ashok from the reviews from the various websites and one review in particular said “once you meet Dr Ashok he is like a friend for life” I can wholeheartedly support that comment and IF I had any more surgery I would chose him over anyone else no matter even if I had to fly from Australia or America. More importantly my wife was happy with him and his work on me too....she is the harshest critic of all!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad everything has gone well for you so far.

I hope your recovery is going well and please do keep us updated with your progress!