Results Oriented but Need Oodles of Patience - Dubai, AE

Hi there all firstly wishing everyone a Happy...

Hi there all firstly wishing everyone a Happy 2013, may it bring lots of Health, Wealth, Happiness and Long life:) Thought of penning in about my recent laser liposuction with acculift which was done by my wonderful and gorgeous Dr Claudia Machado from Brazil here in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I thought of having some work done on myself cause after the birth of 2 kids along with a lazy lifestyle of work and home with chores not leaving enough time to hit the gym and unfortunate hysterectomy at an early age took its toll on my shape and the once great bottle shaped figure went pear shaped and bulky :( Was loosing interest in myself and lacked self confidence and hated shopping as I went from buying small/medium to large and xlarge!! Yikes

The doctor decided I needed the back of my arms, relatively all of my back, inner and outer thighs as well as the abdomen area as it was quite a bit to do the surgeries was split into 2 chunks considering the risks were quite high for either an infection or maybe even imperfections if rushed into without proper healing.

Therefore I did the outer arms, back as well as my outer thighs on the 8th of Dec 2012. Was in serious pain for about 2/3 days with loads of swelling but then it got better as all I did was pop in pain medication to ease the pain like there was no tomorrow!

The incisions total of about 9 took 2 weeks to heal well except for one just at the bottom part of my buttock area guessing it was due to sitting and moving around aggravating the healing process.

Almost close to a month and still swollen and had and still have a lot of seroma due to sluggish lymph's which the doc said was normal and should be OK in about a month or so. Had 5 sessions so far of fluid removal planning to have another 2/3 more as I have a lot of fluid retention to hopefully ease my pain and heaviness due to it.

Must admit I saw immediate results and I know that I will see much better results a time goes by like I was told 50% immediately, 70% in 6 months and 100 in a year?! A bit long but like they say 'the fruit of patience is the sweetest' :-)

Can't wait for my second surgery godwilling in 2 months from now as the doctor preferred to wait a full 3 mnths minimum in order to do the second one as I had alot of fluid retention and swelling. Must admit the waiting is hard and my healing has been slow and tedious as most days am in pain and feel bloated. But I can definitely see changes in my shape and am happy irrespective of my decision to having done it.

Would I do this again? Guess I would cause I believe in No pain no gain! FYI- it is not for the faint hearted and the impatient sorts as its takes money, time, effort and oodles of patience. Specially when you have to wear your compression garments for about a month or so depending on how well your doing and trust me it if its anything it ain't easy to wear or get into without help from someone who has the muscle strength to put you in like a sausage! LOL

All in all don't let what I have said or done deter you from following your desires to look and feel good without being vain. Don't knock it till you try it.... for all those going to try it or thinking of trying it all the best and am sure you will be happy once you mustered the courage and the tolerance to go through with it.
Tip- choose a doctor that is well reputed and compassionate that will make this whole ordeal seem like a piece of cake! God bless you all :-D

Will post photos once I have taken some, cheers!

Claudia Machado

Cosmosurge Clinic found them through a friend of mine

Hi there, Great to read your review.After 2 month are you planning for lipoabdominoplasty or a the normal abdominoplasty. Just was planning for one in dubai and researching...only thing is that it pains !! but no pain no gain... All the very best and real blessed 2013

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for your very detailed review, it's extremely helpful to the community!

I'm glad things have went well so far for you and hopefully your results will continue to improve! Please do keep us updated with your progress!