28 Years Old First Time on Accutane - Dubai, AE

Hi. My name is Sam. I'm 28 years old. I had acne...

Hi. My name is Sam. I'm 28 years old. I had acne since I was 16 years old and tried all the OTC Acne remedies ( Panoxyl, Benzac, Differine, Acsonix, Nanocleanse, Acnepril and Antibiotics) but nothing seemed to work and clear my Acne. My was just occasional but it got worst when I moved to UAE for work. I was thinking maybe it was because of the hot weather or the food?! So I continued using my "acne remedy kit" but the problem just got worst. I decided to consult the renowned dermatologist here in UAE. He prescribed me with Accutane. I was hesitant at first because I heard a lot of bad stuffs about the drug but he convinced me to take it since my "acne remedy kit" is not working at all. This is my 2nd week on Accutane with 30mg/daily. I can say that my acne got very big like it's about to explode and it surrounded all over my face. Got dry lips, rashes all over my body and very itchy face. I also experienced bleeding nose and I'm easily fatigued. I can't wait to give an update next week-- 3rd week on Accutane.

2nd-3rd week on Accutane

Acne are covering all over my face.. much more bigger pustules and it's very painful. severely dry lips.. more and more acne are showing up

3rd-4th week on Accutane

Pustules on both my cheeks subsided.. there's a new pustule on my forehead.. I'm not experiencing painful acne and my lips are not that dry anymore compared to the first 2 weeks.

3rd-4th week on Accutane

Left side of the cheek almost clear. Still with pustules on the forehead and much bigger pustules in the jaw line. Dryness all over the body is minimal.

4th-5th week on Accutane

Minimal pimples all over the face. Rashes all over the body
Dr. Anwar AL Hammadi