UPDATE One Month Post Op, BEST Decision Ever Made - Draper, UT

've never had a flat stomach. Ever, at any point...

've never had a flat stomach. Ever, at any point in my life. When I was born, I had to have 19 reconstructive surgeries on my intestines, causing major trauma to my abdominal muscles, not to mention leaving me with having to deal with extremely embarrassing and uncontrollable stomach and digestive problems. I could hide it pretty well until I was at the age when girls start to develop and wear tighter clothes, tank tops and bikinis. That's when I started to "suck it in". Now, I know lots of women do this, but not every second of the day.

My stomach was so distended from all the surgeries I had. So when I got into high school, I started doing sit ups. Lots of them. But my muscles were just non existent and nothing I did changed it. Wearing a bikini was the worst. Not only did I have to worry about sucking in, I had this giant gnarly scar across the middle of my stomach that everyone noticed. I tried to not let it bother me and be proud of my scars, but being a girl, I'm supposed to have a beautiful body. Scars were for boys.

Fast forward to being an adult. Still sucking in, unless I was pregnant, oh I thanked God that I had that time to be attractive with a big belly, it was heaven to just relax and wear whatever I wanted without worrying about that belly. Trust me, I've tried every diet and every exercise known to tone that belly, but it was just beyond destroyed. So after having my 4th baby, I finally decided to do something drastic, and in October I went to a plastic surgeon for a full TT.

I scheduled my surgery the day of my consult, Dec 5th. I FINALLY, after 33 years, feel beautiful! I may never be normal on the inside, I know I will have to struggle with issues for the rest of my life; but at least I can be normal on the outside now. And it feels amazing! I'm celebrating my 1 month post op tomorrow, I'll post pics and details of the whole ordeal later, this post is so long already. I just wanted to tell someone my story :)

Congrats!!! I hope your results are awesome!!!
Congrats. How are you feeling? Any advice for us ladies following your path?

I had my drains taken out at 13 days post op, and...

I had my drains taken out at 13 days post op, and I was finally able to take the TED hose off (yay!!!). I was SO terrified at getting the drains pulled out, I don't know why, I've endured a lot of pain in my life, I can usually handle it pretty well, but for some reason, the thought of having something that has been healing inside my body being ripped out kinda freaked me out. It hurt, I'm not gonna lie, but not as bad as I thought. And only for a second. The worst part was having my surgical tape pulled off my incision. Holy mother, I thought I was going to pass out. I almost punched the nurse instinctively, ha ha. I was able to stop taking my pain meds and switch to normal Tylenol at about 8 days post op. I hate pain meds, they make me so sick, I couldn't wait to get off those. The worst part was not being able to sleep very comfortably, coughing, sneezing, the itchy tight hose, and the pain meds. I am finally feeling more normal now, but it is a long recovery. I thought I would be down for a week and then start feeling better. The swelling is kinda scary cause it makes me worry that I still have a little pot belly, but as with this entire procedure, I just have to be patient.

Thank you ladies, its so nice to have women who are supportive and positive, and not gossip or judgemental! I havent even told anyone in my family, or any friends that I've done this, my hubby is the only one that knows! I guess it's because we are all here for the same reason, I love the support :)
You look great!!!!!!!!!
You look fantastic! I'm so happy for you!

Well I'm 6 weeks po and I feel great! I heard from...

Well I'm 6 weeks po and I feel great! I heard from a lot of people that you'll finally feel like yourself again after 6 weeks and they were right. I'm not in any pain and my back doesn't feel 90 years old anymore. I am somewhat addicted to my cg tho, which is weird since I've hated wearing it and it irritates my incision horribly. I know it's completely in my head but I feel like if I dont wear it my tummy will not stay flat and will get big again. I've tried to wear spanx instead like my dr suggested, but I swell up pretty bad and it always freaks me out because my tummy pops out so much. I'm going to try to post a pic when I'm really swollen, please tell me if it looks normal? I also haven't been able to really exercise because it's been too cold to walk so I'm all paranoid now that the lipo I had is getting ruined because I'm building up more fat. I'm just stressed about ruining anything, this has been such a huge deal for me.

You look great and don't stress too much about your swelling. My PS said it can take 3-6 months before it completely settles down. I've been forcing myself to wear my Spanx more because I don't want to get addicted to my cg or binder. I got a TT so I didn't have to wear that crap anymore!!! Enjoy that magnificent new flat tummy!
I'm sorry for asking but were you born with PBS(eagle barret) My son was born with that and he had a tummy tuck at the age of 6 to correct the potruding abdomen. He also has little to no abdominal muscle. If you don't want to answer I understand:) Ps your new tummy looks great!

So I had this scab on my scar that finally fell...

So I had this scab on my scar that finally fell off in the shower a couple weeks ago and its remained "open" since. I noticed yesterday that its starting to look really nasty, so I posted a pic to see I'd anyone else had anything like it and if it's normal. I'm going to see many ps on Tuesday so hopefully it'll be fine until then. My husband got MRSA twice in the last two years so I'm kinda paranoid about any skin abnormalities. I also posted some pics when I'm way swollen, Id love any comments whether it looks normal. Thank you ladies for all your support!

You look great. As far as the swelling.... you look very familiar to me. I had my ft Oct 18th 2012. So I am 3 months PO right now. I think my tummy stayed swollen for 6-7 weeks. It still flares up. Sometimes I will take an anti gas pill. Seems to help some. But regardless of everything. You look awesome.
Thank you! I'm going to try anti gas pills, that might help. I've been taking small doses of ibuprofen to help but its not doing much :( when did you stop wearing your cg?
I had to wear my cg for 3 weeks 24/7. After that my ps said I should wear it most of the day but could take it off a couple hours a day. I did that for another week and then switched to spandex, it was pretty comfy. I wore the spandex for a couple weeks all the time and when my swelling started going down I only wore the spandex when I was swollen or when I was exercising. My ps DID stress to me to wear it when I went for bike ride. That skin has to adhere really good so don't take and chances. Hope all is well with you.

Almost 1 year post op!

I'm one month away from my 1 year anniversary! I lost my username so I haven't been on here for so long, but I'm so glad I can update again! I was always so anxious to see how my results would be a year later. I still have the numb "triangle", and I still swell a little when I eat certain things, but I am still so happy with my results! And it was so worth every pain and dollar I paid. (If the pics show up sideways, I apologize, I'm not a tech-y person)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

jed r bindrup