Hair Transplant Disaster - Dr. Marina Pizarro

I had two surgeries with Dr. Marco Barusco that...

I had two surgeries with Dr. Marco Barusco that went verywell. My third with Dr. Marina Pizarro, though about 13 months ago was a complete disaster. I used to have a small scar on the back middle of my head, but now I have 3 scars. One is above that goes all the way around top side of my head on both sides and another below original thin scar. Hair is now growing very poorly around both areas due to lack of blood flow as it was explained to me later. I was told by Dr. Pizarro that there would be two non-visible extremely thin lines top and bottom and that my hair would fill them in above and below. This was far from the truth. They are both extremely thick and the hair is not growing well around the scars…”new technology.” After my first two surgeries I could shave my head with a one guard and you could not see the line where both of my first surgeries were harvested.

Now I have to wear my hair much linger and it is loose and wavy above the lines revealing pieces of lines when not perfectly set with hair spray. To make matters worse, hair up top now looks less dense than it did before the surgery! My concerns have now multiplied with scars. I only wish I had never had the surgery with Dr. Marina Pizarro. I spent over $5,000 and my head is ruined. In addition, if my head is wet, you’ll see 3 scar lines around my head. Thankfully Dr. Barusco has been doing scar revisions for me and it has helped a lot, although it’ll never be what it was. I also discovered Toppik, which is helping to mask the damage but I have to avoid my head getting wet in public always.

The Only reason I switched to Pizarro for my 3rd surgery was due to finances…cost me about $3,000 less compared to Barusco at the time and Pizarro was actually recommended by a friend in the industry. Huge mistake!!! Should have waited and gone back to Barusco. You absolutely get what you pay for. I went back to Pizarro for a follow up after about 10 months after meeting withBarusco for an opinion and her desk manager spoke down to me and insulted me repeatedly once she became aware of my dissatisfaction and devastation. After belittling me anddenying my and Barusco’s observations, they told me to just come back a few months later and they’d check me again. I told them that I would not come back to them after how they treated me. They then sent me a certified letter ordering that I no longer visit their office again and terminating our patient-doctor relationship.

Dr. Marina Pizarro

The Only reason I switched to Pizarro for my 3rd surgery was due to finances…cost me about $3,000 less compared to Barusco at the time and Pizarro was actually recommended by a friend in the industry. Huge mistake!!! Should have waited and gone back to Barusco. You absolutely get what you pay for. I went back to Pizarro for a follow up after about 10 months after meeting with Barusco for an opinion and her desk manager spoke down to me and insulted me repeatedly once she became aware of my dissatisfaction and devastation. After belittling me and denying my and Barusco’s observations, they told me to just come back a few months later and they’d check me again. I told them that I would not come back to them after how they treated me. They then sent me a certified letter ordering that I no longer visit their office again and terminating our patient-doctor relationship. My advice to anyone looking for a quality hair transplant is to visit Dr. Barusco and his professional team. My surgery with Pizarro not only ruined my life but to add insult to injury, their only attempt to making things right was telling me to come back again a few months later walking out of the office completely insulted as they denied all of my observations.