3 Months post-op and some thoughts

I've been lurking on this site for months and...

I've been lurking on this site for months and enjoy following all of you on your journeys. I guess I had better introduce myself! I'm an active, 54 years young and have 2 wonderful kids that wreaked havoc on my body. My first was over 9 pounds . I was a young mother and weighed 120 when I first got pregnant. The marriage was awful, I was depressed and felt alone....I gained 90!!! I divorced and married a wonderul man who accepted me for me. I got pregnant again and had only lost 40 of the original 90...then gained another 30 with my second. I've managed to get to a healthy weight, but my stomach and thighs are a WRECK. I am SO ready to get it fixed!! I look forward to sharing my experience and getting as much advice as possible from you lovely ladies.

Hi lovely ladies!! I added a before and I have to...

Hi lovely ladies!! I added a before and I have to say I'm grossed out by looking at my belly. I can't wait to get this thing off of me! After losing weight, my belly hangs and my butt is flat andmy thighs look awful. I'm getting an extended TT, MR and mini BBL. I don't really want a huge butt, just fill it out a little. I always had a huge butt and hips all my life. I've been eating healthy and exercise, but lately I'm ramping it up to take off another 10 pounds so I get the best results. Good luck to all who are going thru or about to make the jump.

This is more difficult than I had expected. Hubby...

This is more difficult than I had expected. Hubby insists on going with me since it's out of the country and I'm grateful for his protectiveness :) but trying to get the same time off and juggle things is tough! So many things going on right now. I'm so anxious to get this done, yet nervous at the same time. My emotions are up and down and I haven't even gone yet! When I'm dressed, I feel confident and attractive. I take my clothes off and I feel so insecure and unattractive. My hubby loves me just the way I am.....but I can't help thinking he secretly wishes I was hot :)

The diet is going pretty well. I'm doing an Atkins...

The diet is going pretty well. I'm doing an Atkins type diet consisting of very low carbs and high protein. I've cut sugar and flour out and eating lots of green veggies. I've lost another 2 pounds. I'm hoping I can get down below 160 before my surgery. The more skin removed the better!! I'm 5'8" and 170 now. Does anyone know what the weather is like in DR during the summer? Also, what's the crime like,,,,is it safe? Any comforting words would be appreciated!

Still in the air about where to go!

I have another consult Jan 3rd at Wake Forest in NC. I'm still nervous about going out of the country (as is my hubby). 2014 is going to be my year!

Hopefully my LAST consultation!

Well....I had my consult at Wake Forest on Jan 3. This is #4 or 5 for me. A couple were virtual phone/skype consults. I have to say, I was so impressed by Dr. Kelly's professionalism and thoroughness. I immediately felt comfortable in the office, with his nurses and with him. He answered all my questions and gave me realistic expectations. Originally I was thinking that going out of the country was my only option, but after meeting Dr. Kelly, I'm thinking this could be the one. I'm now waiting on a quote and surgery dates. If the price is right, I'll have an extended TT, lipo and BL. My excitement has returned and I can't wait to hear back from them.

OK I'm getting tired of the consultations already!

Hubby came home with a name of a doc in our area that he wants me to see. SO....another consult next week, then I'm going to make a decision and get my date. I'm so anxious to get this done and start my recovery. I want to be done by swimsuit weather!

This is nerve wracking!!

I had another consultation today with the Dr. my hubby wanted me to see. The doc is chief of plastic surgery where hubby works, so I had high expectations going in. Well, it went fairly well, his staff was nice but kinda talked down to me a little bit in the beginning but quickly realized I knew a couple things about this. LOL I've only been researching for 2 years!! Anyway, the doc was very nice, calm and somewhat soft spoken manner. He verified everything I already know...I have muscle separation, excess skin and pockets of fat on my outer thighs and my boobs have headed south for the winter! He didn't spend as much time with me as I would have expected and then he insisted on trying to get my insurance to cover this. I already KNOW they won't so why bother? Since this is a large teaching medical university, I asked about a resident's clinic/program. He then introduced me to the chief resident and said she could do the surgery at a reduced rate, although nobody there could tell me what that was! She spent less than 5 minutes with me, told me she's done 100's of TT then left the room. I am so burned out on this process!! I just want it done! I'm also still waiting to hear back from my last consult about dates and prices. I am NOT good at the waiting game.

Finally heard back from Wake Forest :)

I finally got the phone call this morning...extended TT, MR, lipo to flanks, hips and thighs, and BL no implants $6375. Yes, please! This doesn't cover the mandatory over night in the hospital. I'm not sure how much that is yet. Other considerations are travel time and expense, hotel for several days after, etc. I should get a general quote from the hospital I went to yesterday....but I LOVED Dr. Kelly at Wake Forest so I'm really leaning that way. Realistically, what do I need for after care? Does anyone have a list they could share? This is starting to finally feel real :) I'm beyond excited!

Front view...yuck!

Finally made a decision!

I received my quote for the local PS and it was $9500 and that included the discount since my hubby works for the hospital. I'm almost relieved cuz I really didn't feel as comfortable with them. The amount of time spent with me, going over exactly what needed to be done, etc. etc. was so much less than my consult at Wake Forest. I tried to call the coordinator to pick a date but missed her by 5 minutes!! My luck :( Now I have to wait till Tues to book my date. I'm hoping for sometime in March. I'm so excited. The only thing that concerns me is I live 5 hours from the PS so any advice would be greatly appreciated. How long should I stay close by? So now, I need to get REAL serious about my diet to get at least 10 pounds off. I can't wait to finally be on the flat side and feel normal again.

The price shown above isn't correct

I couldn't change the price in my title. The correct number is $6375. If anyone knows how to change it, please let me know. Thanks!

My poor sad boobies!

I hate posting this, but I pulled up my big girl....umm granny panties and did it. Please be kind :)

Finally set my date!

I was on the phone bright and early this morning to book my surgery date....March 14. I'm so excited, yet nervous. I've been so addicted to this site. I hope I can focus on other things LOL. I want to drop 10 pounds by my pre-op which is Feb 21. I'm dragging the treadmill into my bedroom and nothing but lean protein and veggies for me! Any advice you beautiful dolls can give is greatly appreciated.

Wish it would hurry up and get here!

Yesterday I had my physical and blessing from my primary, got my lab results back and a mammogram tomorrow. The paperwork came in the mail today...YAY! I feel like this is just a dream and any minute I'm going to wake up. I REALLY want to get 10 pounds off before surgery, but it's been rough. When I get stressed or nervous I EAT. Over the holidays, I ate like every morsel was the last bit of food on the planet! LOL Now I'm paying for it.

Having a hard time staying on track!

I've lost 80 pounds over the past couple years and it wasn't as hard as getting this freakin 10 pounds off that I gained over the holidays!! I need some encouragement. Anyone else struggling to lose a few pounds? I'm trying to do high protein, low carbs, lots of water and treadmill every day.

Nothing to do but wait

I have all my supplies with the exception of a walker. I found one on Craigslist and will pick it up tomorrow. Now I wait. ..have I said how much I hate to wait? LOL I've also been having the strangest dreams lately. Last night I was lying in bed and couldn't sleep. I had myself convinced that I didn't need the surgery and I was being selfish for wanting it. I've always been the care giver and don't do anything for myself, so for me to spend a lot of money on myself isn't something I would ever do. I'm sure I'm not alone. When I woke up this morning I looked in the mirror before I got dressed and told myself I AM WORTH IT.

Started a juice cleanse today

I hope I can last 3 days on the juice fast. I've done it in the past and dropped a few pounds and felt pretty good afterwards. Wish me luck!! It does tend to make me cranky watching hubby eating pizza while I'm drinking a tall unappetizing glass of green slime. LOL

Had a nervous moment with the mammogram results.....

BUT finally got the AOK! Whew...Was supposed to get my results back Wed. but nothing came....then Thurs....nothing.....then Friday. I was about to have a nervous breakdown! I was going to call on Monday but I received a letter today saying the results are normal :) Today is my 3rd day on the juice fast and I have to admit it wasn't as hard as I initially thought. I'm feeling full of energy and overall in a good place mentally. I plan on doing it a couple times each week until my surgery date. Does anyone have any suggestions for prepping? I hope everyone is having a great weekend and hopefully staying warm. Happy healing and best wishes to all my TT sisters :)

One month to go and a huge thank you!!

Only 1 month to go and I finished up the last bit of my shopping. Hubby actually seems to be getting excited! :) As much as I know he loves me, I'm sure he's ready for a better looking body ;) I want to thank all you wonderful ladies that share your stories and give great advice! I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to move forward with this surgery if I hadn't had this site to educate me and ease my fears. Y'all are the absolute best!

After losing 90 pounds.....

I think I look pretty good in clothes, with spanks or control underwear. I now wear a size 12....down from 22W. Every night when I take my clothes off, I still feel like I'm obese! I can't wait to get this body pulled together.

Pre-op DONE

Yesterday I had my preop and it went very well. We went over all the "what ifs" that I'm already aware of. I've researched this so thoroughly, I think I could write a book on it :), signed consent forms, paid in full OUCH! Hubby went with me to meet my docs. (There will be 2 of them working on me) but one was away in Africa doing PS. I hope he stays nice and healthy while he's there. As we were leaving hubby holds my hand and says "there went my mid-life crisis sports car" and I responded, "don't worry I'll be a lot more fun" LOL He assured me he was going to take me up on it.

2 WEEKS!!!

2 weeks from now, I'll be pulling into Flat and perky land!!

9 more days!! O M G

My doctors are 4.5 hours away, so we'll drive up the night before, check into a hotel, then I'll spend 1 night in the hospital, then hubby and I will be staying in a hotel for a few days following my surgery for safety. I'm a very organized person (to a fault sometimes) and I've begun to put everything together for my "vacation" LOL I know this will sound strange, but I'm looking forward to the time alone with my honey. He's an RN and works the night shift so we really don't get much quality time together....and he's NEVER had to take care of ME. It will either be a great bonding experience or we'll need a vacation away from each other when this is all done! I'm the strong, independent care giver of the family, so I'm praying for the ability to relinquish control. I wish all of you lovely ladies the best of luck and happy, uneventful recovery on your surgeries . xox

1 week to go!

I have a couple of questions...the boards I see some of you use under the cg? Does it help with swelling or what is its actual purpose? I haven't seen many of them online and wonder if it's something I truly need. I've also heard that massage helps the lipo'd areas. Does it have to be a masseuse, or can you use a hand held massager with heat? I have one that you use on your face, with heat and radio frequency massage. Has anyone used something like this? I get backaches from time to time and the massage and heat helps with that. The time is getting close and I'm wondering what I've forgotten!! I appreciate all the advice from you wonderful, wise RS dolls :-)

4 days!!

I've packed, unpacked, packed again, unpacked.....LOL You get the picture? I finally decided on some comfy pj's, robe, slippers and sweats to wear back home. I sometimes drive myself crazy over-thinking things!

Oh yeah....

My docs only do ONE (1) surgery a day, so that's a load off my mind. I'm happy I won't be sitting around all day, waiting my turn!

3 days to go!!

I'm trying to stay busy to pass time quickly. Today I'm planting flowers for my front porch and giving my dog a bath. Exciting stuff. I'm boarding my dog with a friend and will be away from her for 5 days :(

Final countdown!

I thought I'd post my measurements.
Breast. 38
Under breast. 32
Waist. 34
Belly at largest. 44
hips. 45

Weight 175

The BIG day!

Good morning lovely ladies! I've been up since 5am....not a restful night for me. We're staying in a hotel close to the hospital and our lovely neighbors was a basketball team who partied until 3. I won't say where I wanted to put the ball they kept bouncing! Hubby snored, which just added to my aggravation. LOL Anyway, I'm up, showered and ready to get this show on the road. I'm missing my big cup of coffee to start my day. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, I truly appreciate each one of y'all. I hope you have a beautiful day! :-)

made it to the flat side!

This will be short Lovelies! Went in at 8th and got marked up. It took much longer for the marking since I had a previous lift and it was a challenge to get it right. My tummy is flat and I think I'll be happy! I've not needed much drugs but plan on getting some shortly to help me sleep. Hubby's been wonderful and insisted on staying in my room tonight even though we have a hotel room paid for. I appreciate all the well wishes more than you all can imagine! I'll try and catch up more tomorrow. ((Hugs))

1 day update

The day of surgery was pretty much a blur and today I feel like a truck ran over me. We're all checked into the hotel and getting everything situated to be as comfortable as possible for the next few days. I'm beyond happy with my tummy! My breasts are a little smaller than I wish, but under the circumstances, they are beautiful. I now have perky boobies with the nipples pointing straight ahead :-) I don't know how you ladies get all this done and go home the same day! I'm SO glad I stayed overnight in the hospital. They didn't have a room in the day hospital, so I spent a few hours in recovery getting 1 to 1 attention, which was really nice. They ended up putting me on the PS/burn wing and the nurses there were great. AND of course I can't say enough good things about my docs. They are 2nd to none! Dr. Showalter came in this morning to check in on me. I'm in a fair amount of pain, and the norco makes my blood pressure drop so I'm only taking it when it's absolutely necessary. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I just don't have the energy to do it yet. Blessings to all of you beautiful ladies!!

Pic

Here's a pic after my bird bath this morning. Hubby has been awesome. He washed my hair and gave me a back rub :-) It felt like heaven! You'll notice my right nipple is discolored. The doc says we have to keep a close watch on it, since it could be bruising but there's also a chance it could be dying. I'm praying that's not the case. My recovery has been worse than I imagined. The walker was a must for me and this binder is driving me crazy! It creeps up and digs into my breast sutures. My doc trimmed it down, but it didn't help at all. My hips are very swollen! I look like I had a butt lift, but I didn't. I have an appointment with the docs this afternoon then we're going to start heading south and probably stop 1/2 way and spend the night. There's bad weather with ice and snow on the way and we want to get started home before it hits. I'll update more later and post better pictures when I get home. Much love and blessings to you all

My before boob picture disappeared

Oh yeah....

Did I tell you he took off 10 pounds with the belly and lipo? :-)

My follow up was today. ..

And it went great. They took me out of the stinking binder and put me in a cg. It took the doc and my hubby to squeeze me into it but it feels so much better! I was also told my nipple looks better than expected. For it to be only 3 days I feel so much better. I hope I've turned a corner!

Some sad news.....

My sister passed away yesterday. She is several years older than me and her health was failing, but her passing came very quickly. We found each other later in life and had a very special relationship and bond.... my heart is broken. I can't travel to go to her funeral and that makes it that much worse. I know she is at peace and no longer in pain which brings me some comfort.

My first time being left alone....

Hubby went back to work last night, so me and my sidekick Molly were on our own. I'm not taking pain meds with the exception of occasionally xtra strength Tylenol. I decided to try the bed with a ton of pillows propped up. It actually worked out pretty well until sometime in the night the pillows shifted and I slid down! I couldn't pull myself up and can't roll over....it was a nightmare getting out of that position!! After what seemed like an hour, I was able to get out of bed. Now picture my dog needing to go out, me needing to pee and my drains needing to be emptied....LOL I managed to get it all done, just took a little longer! The good news is, my drains are slowing down a lot and I'm thinking one should come out tomorrow. I can't tell you all how much I want a shower, but docs said not until the drains come out :( I hope all you lovies are having great days! Blessings!

1 drain out :)

Hubby pulled one drain this morning and glad to see it go! I hope the other one goes tomorrow and I can have a proper shower. I know this is perfectly normal, so before anyone tells me this.....LOL I looked in the mirror and hated the way I look. I even cried a little bit. Hubby has been so supportive and told me I look great and soon the swelling will be gone, the scars will fade and I'll be so so happy. As the Beatles said...."yeah, yeah, yeah" In my head I know all that, but all I could see was my swollen thighs, one nipple that is still questionable and my scar is much higher than I pictured it to be. So ladies, for today I'm nestled in my recliner, catching up on all the TV I recorded and wait for tomorrow. Healing blessings to you all!

Been 1 week already! 2nd drain still in :(

I woke up this morning thinking the 2nd drain would come out today, but no such luck! Hubby said, with the amount I drained overnight, it's better to wait another day or so and be super careful. That's fine with me! I'm super tired today too. I think I over did it yesterday, even though it was only picking up a little around the house. I also have a pinching pain (I think it's an internal stitch) just above my left hip. When I stand up or move a certain way it really hurts. Still watching the right nipple for changes...very subtle ones. I think I'll slough off some skin, but praying that's the extent of it. So, today I'm taking it slow and easy! The docs told me they took 10 pounds off during surgery and I couldn't resist weighing myself (even though I know I shouldn't yet). I'm down 8 so I guess I'm draining well and I really have no appetite. What's everyone eating when you're not hungry?

Day 8 and the last drain is finally out!

I had a rough night last night. I couldn't find anywhere to get comfy, whether it was my recliner, couch, chair or my bed. I had an itch on the back of my thigh, just under my butt cheek that was driving me crazy, so at 2am I got up and took the cg off hoping my sensitive skin just needs a little break. It was still bugging me so there wasn't much sleep for me. Hubby came home this morning and pulled the last drain since it was under 30cc. YAY! This means I can have a shower!! I showed him the itchy annoying spot and he said it was pink, warm to the touch and he measured it and said we'd better keep an eye on it cuz to him it looked like it might be the start of cellulitis which is basically an infection of the skin and tissue beneath. GREAT! Anywho, after my shower (which felt as close to heaven as I've felt in a while) my nipple started to peel a little bit :( Damn it! This is what my docs said to watch for. I texted them and gave them all the great news and got an immediate response back. Put silvadene on the nipple 2x day and get back into the cg with padding over the red area....keep a close eye on it and report any changes. I love my docs for being available at a moment's notice! It's looking like my recovery isn't going to be a walk in the park :(

Lots of swelling and bruising

Not loving it yet

10 day post op

My energy has finally returned although I can't do anything I'd like to do...haha I'm still hunched over but a tiny bit straighter than I was a few days ago. There's still some pains here and there and the bruising is still bad on my hips and thighs. I tried some Arnica cream but had a reaction to it, so I'll just heal naturally (unless someone has any other ideas). I have very sensitive skin. There's still glue on my incisions, which makes them look really dark and angry, but I can see they look pretty thin and straight under the glue and dried blood. I'm putting silvadene on my right nipple 2x day per Dr. and hopefully the healing will be quicker than expected. I like the shape of my breasts and other than being a little small, I think I'm going to love them. The area I'm NOT loving is my thighs, but I will address them after everything else has healed. I hope all you beautiful ladies are having a great day!

a couple new pics

Not too much change but thought I'd share a couple pictures from after my shower.

2 weeks post op

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already. Everything seems to be healing well and feeling pretty good. I still have most of the glue on my incisions which makes them look nasty, so I'll post some more pics when that junk starts coming off. I'm tired of walking hunched over and my back is paying the price. I'm probably 80-90% upright. My post op instructions says to walk bent over for 1 week. HAHA Yeah, right 1 week :) I'm starting to get the little twitches and zings (nerves connecting?) around my belly button. I'm still mostly numb along my TT incision and it's very hard just above it. I don't have any pain in my breasts and the skin on my right nipple has almost completely sloughed off. The silvadene cream seems to be doing its work. Hopefully I'll have new skin soon. I know this is a process and it takes a long time to see final results, but I'm loving my results more every day. I have a follow up Monday afternoon. Hopefully, it will all be good news :) To all you beautiful ladies recovering, HAPPY HEALING! To those planning on their surgery, the best of luck!! Blessings!

17 days post op appointment was yesterday

I had my post op yesterday and the long drive was a killer. By the time I got home, I was ready to go to bed. I'm very swollen today...not sure if it's from the ride or not drinking enough water. I've been feeling really good, so this is a lesson that I'm still healing and not to over do it. The visit went well and Dr. Showalter said everything is looking good. He snipped some lose sutures and was very pleased with the progression of my TT incision and gave me the OK to start working the stubborn glue off and massaging it with scar cream. My nipple is healing and he assured me I won't lose my nipple (my worst nightmare) and to just keep doing the silvadene 2x day and be patient. He said it's progressing normally and I'll have new skin soon. I'm confident in his opinion and I'm not stressing over it at all. One thigh has smoothed out somewhat, but the other one doesn't look like I had lipo at all. He said since it's so soon, and I'm still bruised, it's probably still swollen, so we'll address that in the future if needed. I worked up the courage to try on a pair of my skinny jeans that I couldn't wear because of the huge muffin top and they were lose and lay perfectly flat!! :) I'm loving it more and more every day!

17 day pics

Took these at 17 days post op

17 day pics

17 days post op with lots of surgical glue still on incisions

Time flies!

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! I'm feeling much better, standing straighter and have more energy the past couple days. Overall, I'm very happy with my results. My right nipple is still healing....no surprise there. The swelling is worse in the evening, which I already knew thanks to all the wonderful ladies on RS :) I'm still sleeping propped up, but not quite as high. I'm hoping I'll be able to sleep on my side soon. I'm down 10 pounds from before surgery. The Dr. said he took over 8 pounds from the tummy and another 2 from lipo. The only thing I'm not entirely happy with are the saddlebags. One side looks as if it wasn't lipo'd at all. I was told it could still be swelling, but I'm pretty sure it's not. I'll address this on my next visit. I measured my waist this morning and it's 29.5". WOW is all I can say! It was 34" on day of surgery. My hips today were 42" and they were 45" before. :-) I bought a new dress and it's a size 10! I'm going to wait until my size has stabilized before shopping for summer clothes. Another perk.....I noticed hubby is looking at me with a new look on his face ;)

Just to remind myself.....

When I'm having a bad day or feel like I'm not healing quick enough.....This is the picture I look at when I need a reminder!

4 Weeks and a red, itchy rash!!

I started scar treatment a couple days ago (scar guard gel) and now I have a red, extremely itchy rash along my incisions! I'm allergic to tape and certain adhesives, but thought the scar gel would be OK....NOT. I stopped using it and putting hydrocortisone cream on it, in hopes of calming it down. Now I'm not sure what if any type of scar treatment I can use. I have an appt. with my docs on Friday and I'll ask then. Any advice??

Itchy rash

TT incision allergic rash

1 month post op

I thought I'd update my measurements since it's been a month.

Breast. 38 Same as before surgery only much higher!
Under breast. 33 Up 1" must be swollen
Waist. 32 Down 2" but I had a couple days where it was 29.5 so I'm hoping it's just swelling
Belly at largest. 36" Down 8" WOW!!
hips. 42" Down 3"

Weight 175

Weight today....

Darn thing updated before I could finish :((

My weight today is 167 Down 8 pounds from before surgery

Quick update at 5 + 3 days

Good morning lovelies!! I hope all had a great weekend and a blessed Easter for those who celebrate.

I'm posting some new pictures that were taken this morning. My incisions are all healing very well. They're flat and thin and I can't feel them when I run my hand over them :-) They're still red, which is to be expected. I haven't been able to do scar treatment since I've had a couple of allergic reactions. So, I'm using coconut oil to keep them moisturized and soft. My right nipple is about 95% healed. There's only 1 small spot left. I'm still cleaning and dressing it 2x day with Silvadene cream. I have to admit it's getting tedious and will be happy when that's behind me, but in the grand scheme of things, it's just a blip. My breasts are a little smaller than I would ideally like, but I love the shape and nipple placement and they are very symmetrical. I'm not sure implants are an option so I'll live with them and see how I feel down the line. Maybe they'll fill out a little as time goes by? My tummy is very flat (I never thought I'd say that). The fat chick is still wandering around in my head. I'm doing everything possible to evict her. LOL My only complaint (and not really a complaint, more of an annoyance) is my thighs look awful. My docs didn't lipo my flanks. I opted for lipo of my saddlebags since they looked so gross when I wore a bathing suit. One of them now has smoothed out some, and the other one has not. It's 2" bigger than the other and has a crease. I think they run out of time fixing my mess of a body! LOL I'll talk to them at my next appointment. I can sleep on my side now, YAY! I get muscle spasms when I lie in one position for too long so I do a lot of tossing and turning. I'm walking 100% upright and feel good, although I tire more easily. It's getting better all the time so I'm expecting to start my work out routine fairly soon. I'm so happy to have this done and would do it all over again! For all you beauties that are post-op, I wish you all a speedy and happy recoveries. For the ones waiting for their time, best of luck and warm wishes for the best results possible! ((hugs))

More decisions.....

It's been 6+ weeks and I had my post op on Friday. Everything is looking good and continuing to heal well. I have a small area of fluid that is about the size of a half dollar above my TT incision on the left side that comes and goes and of course when I went to the Dr. it wasn't there, so he said to keep an eye on it and if I notice any change to come in for an aspiration. He thinks it's because I'm doing more as I feel better. I wasn't cleared to exercise other than walking on the treadmill. We discussed my thighs (ugh) and I have some decisions to make. 1. a revision in the office to lipo the areas to help smooth them (awake...scary!) 2. aggressive lipo under anesthesia (there will be a charge for this and sagging skin afterwards) 3. thigh lift ($$$) I have an appt. June 13 so it gives me some time to work on them to see what improvement I can make and then I'll go from there. Unfortunately, the appt. in June will be my last visit with Dr. Showalter :( Whatever I decide, it will be a different doctor who does it. Have I mentioned that I have trust issues?? I trust Dr. Showalter.

So, I'm continuing to do well. I'm feeling good. Energy is coming back and I'm anxious to be more active. I'm used to mowing the lawn, gardening, working out, etc. My back and side muscles still spasm at times and I'll take 1/2-1 valium and that seems to help. My appetite is back, so I need to start moving more so I don't gain any weight. I have a love-hate relationship with my cg. I like the way it holds me in and gives me support, but here in SC it's already hot and with menopause and hot flashes, there are times I'd like to burn it! I'm looking to change into a different style....one that has one opening down the middle instead of 2 zippers on either side. Any suggestions on one that's comfortable? A BIG thanks to all you wonderful ladies for all your kind words and support! ((hugs))

7 Weeks...swelling continues :(

It's time for my 7 week update. I'm still swelling, probably more than ever lately. I ate chinese food yesterday and by bedtime I felt like the Goodyear blimp. I'm sensitive to certain additives to begin with, last night I was so miserable! I'm still swollen somewhat this morning too. Does anyone know when the swelling goes away?

So, I've been going thru my closets and drawers purging things that don't fit anymore. It's amazing how much stuff I've accumulated over the years and hung on to....no, I'm not a hoarder! LOL Anyway, I found this bikini that I've had for YEARS....I won't say how many years, it's just too embarrassing! I thought, what the heck, just for fun I'll see if it fits well enough to snap a pic for hubby :) If it weren't for my thunderous thighs ladies, I'd be tempted to wear it.....I said tempted. T his 50+ won't wear it out in public, but it was fun trying it on. As you can see, my left incision is very high. The right can be concealed, but not a chance with the left. Not a big deal since I won't be wearing a bikini, but when I wear my jeans it's above the waistband, so I hope it fades nicely.

I'm still having muscle spasms in my back and left side. It's worse at night and I'll have to take a Valium to sleep at times. I can sleep flat or on my side, which is great that I can move around without pain. No more mountain of pillows!

I bought a new bra :-) and I'm so happy that I'm size 34D!! Not a full D but I'll take it. I wish I had more upper fullness but with the new push up bra, it looks great. I've ruled out implants for a number of reasons, so I'm loving me the way I am. I think I look pretty good for my age.

There's not much else to report. I hope all you lovely ladies have a beautiful Friday. Congrats and happy healing to those who've already had their surgeries. To those who are waiting anxiously, I send blessings and positive thoughts for a great surgery without complications and quick recoveries! ((hugs))

Tried on a bikini I had kept for years....

Scar is higher on left side

Right side scar can be hidden

New bra for the girls 34D

Good old Walmart!

I found the perfect shapewear I've been looking for...$19.96 at Wal-Mart. It's Flexeez brand and it's firm but I can breathe in it and I can wear my own bra. It has straps, goes under the breasts, mid thigh and it comes in nude or black. Yay!! I can wear this under the dress for my step son's graduation and not worry about my cg showing. I can enjoy the day without worrying about silly things like cg! LOL BTW, We're so proud of him....he'll receive his Doctorate in Physical Therapy.

2 month update

It's been 2 months and it seemed like I should give a little update. Life has been busy and I think it's safe to say I'm 99% healed. I don't feel the muscle spasms much anymore, with the exception of when I sleep or lie in the same position too long. My incisions are healing beautifully. I was so nervous I'd have problems with my scars. When I had my breast reduction years ago, I had wound separation, infection and nasty scarring. Yesterday, out of nowhere, my nipple that had given me a problem opened the smallest bit, and a tiny drop of blood came out. So, just to be safe, I've gone back to using the silvadene cream and keeping it covered until it closes completely again. The swelling on my thighs and hips have gone down and as much as I hate to say it, I'm so disappointed in my outer thighs. They looked better when they were swollen. I knew they weren't going to look firm or tight, but I was really hoping for symmetrical and thinner so my clothes looked better. My left thigh has a fairly large indentation above the fat pocket and the right looks pretty much the same as before. I know I can get the fat pockets lipo'd but it's the indentation that bothers me. I can feel my hip bone and it hurt when my underwear rubs it and unless I wear Spanx, it shows under my clothes :-( I hope my wonderful docs have some advice. I'm still very happy with my results, but I was hoping against hope that I'd not have to have revisions. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and looking forward to Memorial Day! I think there's going to be a lot more women wearing bikinis :)

Did something different today :-)

We're leaving tomorrow to go to son's graduation and I have some very cute clothes to take on my trip...yay!! Some of my friends haven't seen me since losing 90 pounds OR the surgery so I'm excited to look great. I used to have very long and lush eyelashes, but as time goes on, they've become short and sparse. Soooo....I was on Youtube and stumbled on a video of a girl showing how to do your own individual lash extensions. I've tried fake lashes in the past and they just don't look natural on me, so I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. WOW, it wasn't very hard and I LOVE the way my eyes look now. Hubby says I look 10 years younger ;) I'll take that! The surgery has awakened the "old me" and I'm excited to being seen again. Hubby said it is so good to see this side of me again.

After lash extensions

Tried this just for fun and came out better than I expected :-)

Pic

Brought something back with me from son's graduation....

I brought back 5 extra pounds!! LOL I didn't think about anything....just ate whatever and whenever....cake, seafood, taco bar, cocktails, pasta, etc. etc. I've already lost 3 since coming home, so I'm back on track. It feels good to be in total control of my weight and health. It wasn't that long ago that I would have been totally out of control. I felt great physically and everyone kept asking if I joined a gym or lost more weight :) ssshhhhh it's our little secret :-) My step son hugged me and commented on my "tiny little waist". He works out doing palates, runs marathons and is a physical therapist, so it was great that he noticed. On the way home, we were transferred to our plane via shuttle bus and I twisted my knee carrying my bag up the airplane stairs, so I'm dealing with that right now....hoping it's healed in a day or two so I can start exercising. I hope everyone is doing well. P.S. The right nipple is completely healed!! yay!

4 months next week

Hi beauties!! I've been really busy lately so I thought I'd better do an update. It's been almost 4 months since I had my TT, lipo and BL/reduction. I have a Dr. appointment next Friday. IMy doc is moving on to his own practice and I will miss him! So, I have to admit, as time goes on, I'm not as happy with my results as I was initially. Everything seems to have settled and softened up a lot. Don't get me wrong.....I'm still happy with my results, I do look so much better than before. I guess I'm a work in progress! :-) It took years to ruin my body so why wouldn't it take more than one procedure to get it right?? My TT scar is looking good..I never had any issues with the TT...no infections, no spitting stitches or openings. I am so thankful for that. I have what looks like a dog ear on my left side along with a pocket of fat that bulges out of the top of my pants :-( and pokes out of my swimsuit. The scar also is quite a bit higher on this side. I think this might be an easy fix so I'm not stressing over it. I think I might need the incision extended. I look great standing, nice and flat. But when I sit down I still have a roll above my belly button. I don't know if it's skin or I still have some fat there. I'd like to lose 10 more pounds so I'll be able to tell when I get that done. My thighs on the other hand, look awful and the lipo I asked for made them look a little deformed. I now have a huge dent above the pockets of fat that are still there. They're the size of my open hand on either side. This is not something I can live with. I've come so far to still feel so self conscious. I know I'll never be a swimsuit model, nor do I want to be. BUT I do want to wear a normal suit without a skirt. I live 10 minutes from the beach so I want to feel "normal". My breasts have softened and they look OK although I'll never be happy with the size, but I can live with them. I look good in a padded, push up bra, but naked not so much. Now that things have settled down some, I'm going to start working out and hopefully improve things. I'll talk to my doc Friday and hopefully he can give me some advice on the thighs. I always welcome advice from my RS ladies!! I hope you all are doing great and loving life. Blessings and hugs!

Scar on left side and dog ear

SORRY.....It will be 3 months next week, NOT 4....

I told you I've been busy...lol I seemed to have jumped a whole month! On June 14 I will be 3 months post op, not 4.

Had my 3 month post op and said good bye to my surgeons.

I had my 3 month post op Friday and said good bye to my surgeons. They're graduating and moving on to practices. They were pleased with my incisions healing and over all results. I expressed my concern with the high scar with the little dog ear that sticks out of my pants waist band. I didn't really get an answer. I was told last appointment that I could get the pockets of fat lipo'd in the office with local anesthesia at no cost since it was part of my package. This visit, I was told that I needed more aggressive lipo and a long incision thigh lift (which I'm not interested in). I just want the saddlebag area lipo'd like I had requested. I'm not going to have aggressive lipo on the front of my thighs. I've seen the results of this and I don't like the wavy, lumpy look...not to mention the additional sagging that I would get. I want to look into a crescent lift with the groin scars. I'm not sure my thighs are so far gone that they wouldn't be improved with this procedure. I've actually seen worse before and they got pretty nice results. I have an appointment in 3 months and after a lot of exercise this summer, targeting my legs, I'll have to see.....Other than that, I'm feeling good and my scars are slowly fading. My scars normally take longer than most to fade and I'm allergic to every scar treatment I've found, so I'll continue to use coconut oil. I hope all you wonderful and beautiful ladies are doing well! :-)
Dr. Schowalter and Dr. Kelly

My Drs. were Dr. Schowalter AND Dr. Kelly. This forum wouldn't allow me to put both of their names on it. They are 6th year residents and I instantly liked them both. From the moment I walked in, I was made to feel very comfortable. Everyone there was so professional, yet warm and caring. They took time to go over all my concerns and answered my questions honestly. I had a very bad experience with a breast reduction over 20 years ago and I was so nervous to have corrective breast surgery, but I felt very confident with these doctors. They were genuinely interested in hearing my concerns and I always felt they listened and were honest and professional. I was told to have realistic expectations, educated me in possible complications and promised me they would do the very best they could. We can't ask for more than that. After my surgery, I was given their cell phone numbers and was told to get in touch with them if I had any questions or concerns. Any time I send them an email or text, I receive a response back in record time (usually only a few minutes). I'm still healing as I write this review, but after having gotten to know them, I have no reservations saying they are GREAT doctors. If you live in VA, Dr. Brian Schowalter is opening a private practice in a few months and I would recommend him without reservation.