Porcelain Crowns W| Dr. Alonso NOT WORTH IT! - Dominican Republic

Hello! I've waited quite some time before deciding...

Hello! I've waited quite some time before deciding to write this review. First let me start by saying that I in no way write this review out of anger. I write this review to warn anyone looking to get dental work by Dr. Alonso. Sometime in August of last year I decided to contact Dr. Alonso because I saw one of the girls in a group in Facebook mention him and say how he was so knowledgeable and also answered every question you might have. I reached out to him here on realself first and was told to write to him on whatsapp. i don't remember if it was me or if it was him that reached out first either way the next day we got in contact. He answered all my questions after I sent him pictures of my teeth. He said I can correct my smile by getting porcelain veeners. He gave me a estimate of $1,800. He said I can send a deposit to him of $180. Fine I had it sent to him within a month and had my date booked (Nov 20th) the same day I arrived to the Dominican Republic. Our conversations on whatsapp were all good and I was excited to have a new smile as well as my new body. I arrived to the Dominican Republic on Nove 20th a day before surgery. I went straight to Cipla & then went to eat at a restaurant down the block from his office. I ate took my time because he was running late. His driver Vladimir picked me up from the cipla took me to the restaurant but never showed up to pick me up from the restaurant so I (A TOURIST) wouldn't have to walk down the block with my purse in the dominican republic. He never showed so I decided too go ahead and walk to the building since I didn't want to miss my appt with him. When I got there he was chit chatting with a patient of his. He told me to have a seat and take it easy. I waited about 30 minutes till he prepped everything. He looked at my teeth and said to make them smaller he suggested I get crowns. Everything was good he saw I had some cavities filled. I had two brackets in the lower part of my mouth to seal my teeth because of the cavities and when he took the mold that big metal mouth molding teeth got stuck in my mouth for about 30 -45 minutes. I was scared and he started to panic. I don't understand how he failed to realized he couldn't take the mold with that mouth piece or he probably put way too much of that glue but I know I was in that chair for a good amount of time. He didn't know how to take it out he pulled, he tugged, he used a blade to cut some of the extra mold paste off and NOTHING!! It was like 8 pm so none of his colleagues were at the University (as he said)...he started to call people and no one was available. Finally, he told me to just hold still while he pulled the mouth piece molding thing out. It hurt so much but I was glad when he removed that thing out my mouth. He apologized and he kept working. At this point I was already frustrated. He had previously told me he wasn't going to use anesthesia but he DID! He gave me about 6 injections to file down my teeth. I was very set on not getting any anesthesia since the day after (Nov 21st) I was having surgery. He filed down my teeth and made my temps. Everything took about 5 hours. Yasmin from the recovery house was very worried and emailing me and making sure I was okay during the time. 5 days later I return to get my teeth. I was excited but also very uncomfortable for just being a few days post op. I went and was there for about 3 hours. He filed my teeth down some more and placed the crowns on AND THEY WERE WRONG SMH!!!! He said he would have them sent to the lab to be redone. He texted the person in charge and said he would be there tomorrow to correct the work. Long story short I went back 2 days before I left after me and Dr. Alonso had a big disagreement over whatsapp. He said he was going to give me my crowns and to find someone who can do the work for me in the Dominican Republic. Can you believe that? SMH. I had my brother contact him and he felt my brother was threaten him but he wasn't he was just being firm because I paid my money up front. That night at 8 pm I met with Henry a colleuge of Dr. Alonso he did the work right away. I had a lot of teeth sensitivity when the air conditioner was on so they turn off the air conditioner. He finished the work showed me and I was unhappy right away. Dr. Alonso said to send him a pic so I did and he agreed it was wrong. He said they weren't straight. He then said he would fix my teeth for me for FREE if I came back to the Dominican Republic and would change my silver fillings for white fillings (I said no to the fillings). About 2 months ago I wrote to him saying I was going back to the Dominican Republic in September and would like to correct the work he wrote back to me on whatsapp and said he was not talking to his patients directly through whatsapp anymore and gave me a email and THEN BLOCKED ME! SMH so I emailed him with the title correct this and a customer service rep answered me saying the work was done twice and if I wanted to have the work CORRECTED I would need to PAY! SMH I have attached proof of my conversations with him as well as my pictures of before and after. AGAIN this isn't to hurt him but just wish he would've been a man and professional enough to admit his mistake and redo the work free of charge as promise. I still don't show my teeth in my pictures and NO ONE HAS NOTICED A CHANGE of my before and after. I haven't received not even one compliment. Also I had the top row 6 teeth in front done.

Before & afters

I went to the dentist yesterday here in the states and he said hell charge me $900 for the two front teeth. They said the color was dual. I'm telling you AWEFUL!

Our conversations

Proof of conversations as well as the receipt of the porcelain veneers I was suppose to do and the finals receipt for my crowns.

More pics

Last part

Dominican Republic Cosmetic Dentist

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Hoping things are moving forward for you re. fixing your teeth.  I went over and checked out your other review, though, and WOW, you are looking phenomenal for real!  Congratulations!
I emailed Dr. Alonso the other day with pictures. I asked some questions he asked me for some pictures. I send him 4 pictures of my teeth I explained to him that I have a excellent dentist here where I live all I wanted was for a great smile. He quoted me for crowns from 350-550 per unit. Ok fine but there is a $200.00 difference. I emailed again and asked a detail pricing & why 350 to 550 he kept telling me that he already gave me a price. Mine you I'm a very educated women not some dum street girl. Any way long story short I decided not to use him. His company I guess send me an email asking me how he did I was very truthful and said it was all about the money nothing else. I wanted to know why a big gap I price. I would have been fine with a $50.00 difference per unit. I just got an email from Dr. Alonso yelling and carrying on like some getto kid from the streets, he doesn't know that I come from the streets of the Bronx I could be getto too. He emailed me in Spanish speaking very unprofessional and carrying on. I would never, never I mean never ever recommend anyone to him!! If my teeth are falling & he is the only dentist then let my teeth fall off.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I saw Dr. Alonso's profile pics and didn't like any of his work. Your fortunate it can be repaired. Since your going back to DR maybe you would consider seeing my dentist. Im not trying to push him on you or anything just suggesting. I know how costly dental work can be in the states. I hope all goes well and to hell with the Doc for being so rude to you.
Its okay. I'm dealing with it. Thinking of getting then fixed here in the US and if not I LOVE Dr. Carlos Morales work!!!! Is that your dentist also??
No my Dentist is Dr. Mariano Estrada
Thanks for sharing I was considering him but I'll pass
No problem
I saw this review and it scares me I was thinking of having dental work done with Dr Alonso this summer. It's not the work he did because I think it would be an easy fix to actually fix this but his response to you not being satisfied. This whole situation was just no bueno. Hopefully his professional integrity will lead him to rectify this situation
It can be fixed which is the sad part because would he have known what he was doing and fixed it before I left I would've given him a good review. He didn't even polish the teeth smh. He's so unprofessional. I suggest no one go to him.
You poor girl, I am so sorry this happened to you, your right they are a little crooked but not super bad...again I realize that is not the point, you paid you should get your beautiful teeth...I hope your surgery at least turned out great!
Yes, my surgery turned out excellent besides the fact that I might have a hernia that's bothering a bit. Considering dentist here in the states or Dr. Carlos Morales. I have to get a quote. His work is amazing.
can you provide a number for Dr. Carlos Morales or a website please?