Journey to a New Me with Serulle VS Abreu in Santiago,DR - Dominican Republic, DO

I've decided to join this forum because I've...

I've decided to join this forum because I've actually been reading it regularly for about 3 months which is when I finally decided that yes I would give in to my longtime wishes to have cosmetic surgery. It all began with my oversized breast. I wanted to have breast reduction surgery but after looking at pricing in the US I realized that it was in my opinion way overpriced. Obviously I feel that there's no safer place to have surgery than here but I did not agree with the $8500+ quotes I received here. This is when I realized I could get the same procedure done in the Dominican Republic for (in my opinion) a much more reasonable price. After all I know of so many people that have had surgery in Dominican Republic, a benefit to being Dominican I suppose. I have set my date for surgery for May 6!!!

After deciding I would go to Dominican Republic for a breast reduction I figured I may as well do everything else I want (lipo from abdominal area & possibly a fat transfer to my bum) while I'm there right? Right! Soooo I began to inquire about plastic surgeons in Dominican Republic preferably in Santiago which is where my family is.

The clinic I KEPT hearing about was Bella Forma in Santiago specifically Dr. Yuseff Serulle so I decided I would reach out to him. I sent him an email and he responded the next day requesting pics for him to give me a price and an opinion on what procedures I would need. I did just that and when he responded he told me that I would need liposculpture from my waist, abdomen and back and a breast reduction and lift. He quoted me a price of $5000. I responded asking him about the fat transfer and he said it would be $500 more. He is very responsive and has answered all of my questions patiently and trust me I have A LOT! He has just made me feel comfortable commuicating with him & has in a way put me at ease about this surgery I'm a bit nervous about. I really feel like I know this guy already.

I have however been doing my research & every time I hear a new name I go to google it and for one reason or another I'm turned off. It seems for every good story I see a bad one. With Yily de Los Santos I saw great work and was extremely impressed with her sculpting but I read a story of a girl describing a massacre, not to mention the website for the hospital she works out of (CIPLA) says account suspended (wth?!) Another doctor Walkiris Robles, I just wasn't impressed with her work in pictures although many women have given great reviews & speak highly of her. My cousin recommended Rafael Castillo who I couldn't even find on google which scared the crap out of me! These are just a few and I'm not knocking anyone who has chosen this doctors but I just felt they were not for me.

However, heres my dilemma-I was pretty much set on surgery with Yuseff but recently I've heard a new name-Jesus Abreu which I have also read great things about and from the pics I've seen I too am becoming a fan of his work. He is also a member of La Sociedad Dominicana de Cirugia Plastica Reconstructiva Y Estetica (a group of plastic surgeons accredited by the Dominican Republic) which Dr Serulle is not. Anywho, I have sent Dr Abreu an e-mail today and will repost when he responds.

As you can see I take this very seriously so if you have or know anyone that has a story for either one of these doctors Yuseff Serulle at Bella Forma in Santiago or Jesus Abreu at CECILIP in Santo Domingo please do share.

I will be putting up pics soon (need to blur out my many tattoos) and will continue to update you regularly on my journey so that hopefully I too can help the next woman with her journey to a new her!

Here are some links that have assisted me in my research & may be helpful to you:
Dr. Yuseff Serulle: www.serulle.com
Bella Forma Clinic: www.bellaforma.com.do
Dr. Jesus Abreu: www.cecilip.com
Sociedad Dominicana de Cirugia Reconstructiva y Etetica Inc: www.sodocipre.net
Dra. Yily de Los Santos: www.drayilydelossantos.net
Dra. Walkiris Robles: www.drawalkirisrobles.com

Hello world. Just wanted to update. De Abreu was...

Hello world. Just wanted to update. De Abreu was unresponsive. The first email I sent him had pics. It took him 3 days to respond & tell me to send pics (which I had already) sent so I resent them & he never responded. Therefore I'm back to Dr. Serulle & I'm okay with that- I've continued to hear great stories about him! Going to santiago to meet with him on the 19th. I decided not to post pics until after the surgery because I'm a bit embarrassed.
Serulle vs Abreu

First time coming across these Dr's...going to look into them...thanks dolls :)
You have to call DR . Abreu office don't get get discouraged because he didn't answer your emails. He is the best I recently went to see him in January to schedule my surgery for July. I have 3 cousins who have done several procedures with Him and they are delighted. Call him you won't regret it!!
I too just heard he is very good, but I can't find much on him. Any photos you know of on RS?
Good luck! Ill be in Dominican Republic in May....
Oh nice!!! When in May???
Ill be there before mother's day... but the doctor im considering is Javier Baez angles
Oh ok good luck
I'm actually going in May!!! I also heard great things about him!!! I am so nervous!!!
Hello ladies I'm also looking to get a tummy tuck with dr serulle I've heard a lot if great things about him.. Has anyone done surgery with him before?? Please share your story.
Yes he is great.
Hope you get this trying to find out how surelle is
Diva doll 212 I'm trying to see also if anyone on here has done any work with Dr yuseff serulle I know someone who did and she looks great. I'm all booked and ready to go for march 24th to get tummy tuck and full back lipo with dr serulle I'm super excited and I'll keep you ladies posted good luck to everyone and please let me know if anyone has done work with him.
Keep me posted!!! I went to him 2 weeks ago pm me and I will give you details.
I did my surgery with Dr Abreu in September 2013. I am completely happy with my results. He answers quickly through WhatsApp or you can call his clinic. His clinic is state of the art, he is professional and his staff are so kind. Good luck with your choice . I hope this information helps
Can anypnenplease tell me why they dont choose yuseff all i hear is people saying hes goodnbut i dont seem yo find any pics or reviews about him thanks
I did my surgery with dr jesus abreu back in April 2011 and I love it. He did a tummy tuck and full back lipo and I was fully satisfy although it's a lil pricey it's all worth it. I had a baby back in March this yeah and I dislike how the doctors here did my c section so I'm going back to doctor Jesus abreu. I'm schedule for next Monday dec 2. I honestly can't wait.
Hi I went to DR to DR Serulle on March of 2011, i had a full tummy tuck, lipo on my back , inner thighs and arms. he is very sweet person but my luck i caught a bad bacteria infection on the opening where he did my lipo i was upset cause the doctor ordered me that i need to stop using the faja which u suppose to stay using it for 3 to 4 mths to get better results, but after a month i had too stop using it, so my affection could go away which took almost 6 months my health was first!!! now am planing to go back cause my stomach is not flat it bulges due to not wearing the faja , and getting an inner thigh tuck and fat tranfere to round off my Buttocks,, But on top off it all Dr Serulle is a well respected doctor and is a cutieLOL..His office is very clean and the girls that work are so sweet.. ..Everybody body is different and reacts differently but am giving it a second try..
Please let us know who you decide on.... Please post some pictures also...
Hello.. I have the same dilemma as you do as well.. my family lives in santiago and i would like to have my surgery there ... But as far as Dr. abreu I know for a fact that he is a great surgeon three of my friends had breats augmentation done by him. i know he is abit on the expensive side cimpare to other surgeon..
I used dr. Abreu 2011 i absolutely lovedddd his work i only did tt but very pleased
I just read your review and I was also going to have surgery with serulle in santiago I did change my mind. I believe you might have had surgery yesterday how did it go?
I hadn't heard of this guy Dr. Abreu, I am pretty set on Yily but now that you mention this guy I am going to research him
I have SX with Dr. A...NEXT WEEK!
Have you tried calling his office?