Just Did Cosmelan Today!

I am licensed cosmetologist who has given myself...

I am licensed cosmetologist who has given myself chemical peels regularly. I use glycolic acid peels 30% and recently just increased to 50%. I also do salicyclic acid 30% so my skin isn't as sensitive. I am Asian who can tan very well, but out of the sun I am very light. After years of living in sunny states and not reapplying my sunscreen, I have noticed sunspots on my cheeks. Being Asian, I look youthful but now cannot just run out of the house with no makeup. I used bb cream and foundation to cover up these little dark spots. I bought cosmelan on amazon.com and did myself today. I had read posts and watched YouTube video. I did a thin layer on my face and neck, and I went over my dark spots again so there is over half the bottle left. I stored the rest of the jar in my fridge. I left it on for 10 hours. Just washed my face and applied cosmelan 2. I also have rx hydroquinone 10% that I put only on the dark spots too. I waited 15 min and applied the hydra K cream that goes with the kit. About to go to sleep, so I will update my results daily.

I had looked into ipl laser, but I wanted to try this first since my esthetician friends recommended this over ipl laser. I hope I made the right choice!
Welcome to the community.  You have quite the routine and system down.
Definitely let us know how this turns out.  Would love to see pictures of your before and after.

Cosmelan Day 3

I must have gotten the version that is not as strong - I have read the first was the one with severe peeling and the second with minimal. I did the mask and just felt a slight tingling when I washed it off. I applied cosmelan 2 right after. On Day 2 my skin had no change, but I went ahead with cosmelan 2 and applied 3 times a day. Today I woke up with very small peeling around the sides of my nose and small areas on chin, but not painful. The only thing I have noticed is my pores around my nose is smaller, but dark spots are still there. Today on Day 3, I am using the rest of the cosmelan 1 mask and trying it again to see if it makes any difference. If not, I am returning back to amazon.com!

A week later

On day 3 I once again did the mask and left on another 10 hours. Rinsed off and applied cosmelan 2. Still no changes. The next day I noticed more peeling between my nose and lips. I applied cosmelan 2 three times a day as directed. The next day I noticed my face was pink. Applied 3 times again the next day. Face looks like a sunburn but really dry. Cosmelan 2 will make you slightly peel, but nothing severe as what I've seen or read. I ended up packing up and sending back to amazon for a refund. Since then I have been using hyaluronic acid and coconut oil to get the moisture back to my face. Today has been a week, and my face is almost back to what it was but no changes.
I have read that Cosmelan is available by Rx only. Did you buy the name brand on Amazon? I am just curious. I have purchased peels on Amazon in the past without issue.
Cosmelan md is rx. Regular cosmelan doesn't need Rx