8 Days Post-op and Feeling Lost...- Destin, FL

I am a 33 year old mom of two. I had a tt and lipo...

I am a 33 year old mom of two. I had a tt and lipo with Dr. Ennis on Sept 25th and am torn about how I feel. On the one hand, my scar is nice and low and looks like it will be easily covered. On the other hand, no one from the Dr's office has called to check on me. I have a ton of swelling from the lipo of my hips which makes me look deformed. I was only given a binder for the tummy tuck, not a compression garment for my hips/thighs. I am hoping that once the swelling goes down I will look normal. I was told by a nurse that I would come in to have my drains removed once the output was below a certain amount, but she wouldn't tell me what that amount was. It has been 8 days but I have no idea when my drains will be removed...

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Ladies, Thanks for all the advice. I did call and speak to the nurse, she said I wasn't given a compression garment for my hips/thighs as they don't usually give them out for my type of lipo (I didn't have my inner thighs done) because they are very expensive. I considered buying one for myself and asked how much but she couldn't tell me. Anon3196, I can't say for sure that I am receiving poor care... But there is another review of the same PS on this site that I read prior to my surgery and I am sure that I am not receiving the same level of care or attention as that person:(
Don't look at what is going on with the other person. Try to remain positive! Are you able to contact your PS directly? If you can, tell him how you are feeling. But really, you have to think positively to get through your recovery. Make sure you are up and moving around as much as they tell you, and make sure you are eating well. Take GOOD care of yourself and keep going forward. Make sure you also get the sleep you need. Everyday is better and new one and you will feel great about yourself. :-) Being positive it very important for this journey you are on now! You even said your scar looks good and low. Think on everything positive!
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

I am usually taken right back for appointments. Dr Ennis always seems rushed and he talks very quickly. He has never used my name. The nusre who attended to me at the surgery center was fantastic. However, I only dealt with her the day of surgery. All of my other interactions have been with the surgeon's staff.