Quadblepharoplasty - Des Moines, IA

Wanted to have more upper lid. Had...

wanted to have more upper lid. Had quadblepharoplasty in 2 26 02 went in asking only for upper blepharoplasty, because as u can see didnt have much upper lid, never thought I had bags under my eyes, but I thought that eventually i was going to have some bags in the future n I was already there. Well I let myself convince to also had lower lid surgery.

After surgery I ask about why the ectropion he said it was going to get better he tried to fixed it but, not luck"or not experience from him. On the contrary I end up loosing eyelashes that I was so proud about,lashes never came back a bump on my left eye. There is not one day that I see myself in the mirror n try to look better but i cant, because with makeup it accentuates more the ectropion at least before I only had to wait for the swollen upper lid to go away n with makeup I could look alot better not after this surgery.

For the comment I got from a reader thanks for...

For the comment I got from a reader thanks for saying my eyes look symmetrical, but it's so far from true, I will submit some photos so u can see what I'm talking about, how terrible I look!. It look like I have 2 faces in one, those "surgeons" that dO those mistakes need to admit their mistake n don't know how to correct them n refer u to another surgeon that really know how to correct their failure. Instead of trying n do worse than good!

Ectropion n indented upswing scars on both eyes due to quad blepharoplasty surgery.

ECTROPION on Rt. eye big time! Indented upswing scars on both eyes DUE to lack of skill of "surgeon" even tough it's being 12long yrs scars are, very very noticeable!! Anyone can tell I had eyelid surgery, when all I wanted to have it was more upper lid. I didn't want to have this huge scars that look horrible! I didn't have ANY WRINKLE or scars at all. This terrible experience happened 12yrs ago. It happened because this surgeon didn't have experience on eyelids surgeries. He told me he did had experience. And just to think that I paid to have this done. Unbelievable!

Indented upswing scars after blepharoplasty. NEVER go away!

Indented scars from botched blepharoplasty don't diminish even after 12long years. U get marked for life.
Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

I thought he had ëxperience"in this field. I was totally wrong. I end up looking old overnight. Usually ectropion is related to elderly people it wasnt my case as u can see in this photos taken in his office by his staff before n after procedures. I was so naive to believe that this Dr. had experience.

You Look Gorgeous...Sorry for all The struggles... Hugs Hoping you find a surgeon, for revision... But you look beautiful...
Thank you K.A.D. For ur best wishes. ((: ))hugs too(^;_^)!
I'm so sorry for your disappointment and struggle. Eye surgery makes me really nervous. I think you are a beautiful woman and would never notice your concerns but it's hard to tell in pictures sometimes. I'm glad your eyelashes are coming back and I hope that someday you are able to find a surgeon you trust for a revision. ((Hugs))
Thank u newme for ur comments. I post more pictures so u can see what I'm talking about. I hope so too, that I can find a skilled n honest surgeon, so can improve my looks(^_^)!
Hi sallify thank u so much! I would definitely will go n see Dr. Parsa n hopefully he can fix my eyes. I'm going to do it this year.
I also think that you are still beautiful. I would urge you to have a consultation with Dr. Kami Parsa in Beverly Hills, CA. He specializes in revisions of bad surgery and has gotten good results in cases that other surgeons refused to touch.
i think you are still beautiful mely....
Thank u Colleen. U r so nice
i know that was the last thing you wanted to hear though i am sure. how are you doing?
I'm ok(;-)still waiting for ur before n after pictures(^_~)!
Lucy, this surgery happened 10yrs ago, he tried to fix it twice but he could not fix it. I also thought at first he left my lower lids loose but, that's not the case it's the opposite he removed too much skin. At this moment I'm very afraid to go n have the revision done n first of all I do not have the money for that procedure. I'm also afraid to go n waste alot of money n b left in worse shape.
Hello,

At first, I looked at your pics and didn't know what you were talking about. Your upper eye lids look awesome. I had my upper eyelids done March 29, and I believe they are assymetrical, which is why I am looking at this site. Anyway, after scrutinizing your before and after photos, what I see is more whites of your eyes showing on the bottoms of your eyes, as if the lower lid surgery left your lower eyes more loose. They don't look loose, but you see more whites of your eyes. I would demand your surgeon to fix that - and if they are unable, then, I would seriously look at a lawsuit where you can collect $$ to get them fixed correctly elsewhere, in addition to emotional distress, pain and suffering... . These guys are forced to have malpractice insurance for a reason. Anyway, for what it's worth, I think the upper lids were done really well.
There is nothing this ps can do,he already tried to fix it twice n make it worse he doesn't know how to do blepharoplasty surgery moreless how to fix ectropions, but of course he is not going to accept that. Upperlids r not that awesome he left me with scars of almost n inch in length that I can't cover with nothing. This ps really needs to take some sewing classes.
Why not sue for malpractice? Then use the $$ to find a reputable ps who can repair what he did? That's what I would do. There are lawyers out there that will take your claim and not charge you a penny, but instead collect a % of your winnings, if you win. I would seriously look into it. Do note you have a statute of limitations, which means you only have a certain time period in which you can sue. You can also make a complaint to the medical boards in your state regarding his care. Warm regards,

Lucy
u really think it is that easy to sue. My upper part of my face was mutilated by a crazy and bazaard oculoplastic surgeon out of Orange County, Ca. I paid for eyelid surgery and he made cuts and pleat everywhere. HE done it to my eybrows and on top of that. He cut to the lateral side of my eyes. He made cuts everywhere and for what???? He made me look like an old lady. I didn't request for such a surgery. I wish I can show it to all of you, so you can see that he made a mess on my face. I have pleats above my eyebrows and and the "11's" between my eyebrows. If you see me in person, I can show you where all the stitch marks on. It makes no sense and of course he denies it on the websites. He done other stuff on my forehead and plastic surgeons told me he should review what he done so they can access how to make me more normal looking. Cuts on my skin turn brown and shows up as scars. Why this heartless person done this to me is cruel!!! I looked young before he touched my face and made wrinkles all over. I am not joking about it either. In order to see the finer wrinkles that is all over my eyelids you have to see me in person. .the deep cuts and pleats show up on photos, but the photos do not show how ugly they truly are. My eyelid creases are deep cuts and really ugly looking. . The doctor attempt every way to delete or remove my reviews on other sites stating are made up. Then who done this to my face/?? Why would I figure him if he isn't the one who did it to me. This Dr. W has no remorse for destroying my life. I have to wear dark sunglasses during the day. My eyes got really wrinkle, so I am going to get tinted eyeglasses to cover them up. People stare at me because the lower half of my face don't match up to the upper half. I clearly told this doctor what I am paying him to do at consultation and he used my face to practice facial plastic surgery. I am here trying to let people know my story and hoping it never happen to someone else. I won't wish this on my enemy. My worst nightmare wouldn't be this horrific.

What is the Dr.'s name?
Sorry about your ordeal. What was the name of the doc? Tnx.
My doctor's name is Jeff or Jeffrey Colyer (Leawood, Kansas) ....Cancelled three appointments to talk to me about this after I told his nurse I want my money back...
Dr. Richard Alan Weiss. Newport Beach, CA . He deleted my review on yelp 2009 and on other sites too!
Try prescription eye drops Restasis by Allergan. I have dry eyes in my 20's and Dr. Weiss made it 2000% worst. I only need to use Restasis maybe 3 times a week. If it wasn't for it, I been living my life with eyes shut. I have severe dry eyes .
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I really understand your feeling & your pain ..
I too know exactly what you are talking about. It took about a 1.5 years to see the final result and if I knew then what I know now! For the first year I thought my quad bleph. looked good, then the swelling suddenly and completely diminished and I'm now left with a very hollowed out, old, skeletal and tired look to my eyes. I too am scared about corrective surgery as not many surgeons do this type of correction. My eyes also are dried out and sometimes sting. It's horrible and I think it's only going to get worse as we age! I'm also having the same problem with makeup. Nothing seems to look right - no matter what I try. If I try and add mascara and shadow, it only harshens the looks of my eyes... It is very depressing because I feel like I did this to myself - should have left my eyes alone.