Quadblepharoplasty - Des Moines, IA

Wanted to have more upper lid. Had...

wanted to have more upper lid. Had quadblepharoplasty in 2 26 02 went in asking only for upper blepharoplasty, because as u can see didnt have much upper lid, never thought I had bags under my eyes, but I thought that eventually i was going to have some bags in the future n I was already there. Well I let myself convince to also had lower lid surgery.

After surgery I ask about why the ectropion he said it was going to get better he tried to fixed it but, not luck"or not experience from him. On the contrary I end up loosing eyelashes that I was so proud about,lashes never came back a bump on my left eye. There is not one day that I see myself in the mirror n try to look better but i cant, because with makeup it accentuates more the ectropion at least before I only had to wait for the swollen upper lid to go away n with makeup I could look alot better not after this surgery.

For the comment I got from a reader thanks for...

For the comment I got from a reader thanks for saying my eyes look symmetrical, but it's so far from true, I will submit some photos so u can see what I'm talking about, how terrible I look!. It look like I have 2 faces in one, those "surgeons" that dO those mistakes need to admit their mistake n don't know how to correct them n refer u to another surgeon that really know how to correct their failure. Instead of trying n do worse than good!

Des Moines Plastic Surgeon

I thought he had ëxperience"in this field. I was totally wrong. I end up looking old overnight. Usually ectropion is related to elderly people it wasnt my case as u can see in this photos taken in his office by his staff before n after procedures. I was so naive to believe that this Dr. had experience.

Hi sallify thank u so much! I would definitely will go n see Dr. Parsa n hopefully he can fix my eyes. I'm going to do it this year.
I also think that you are still beautiful. I would urge you to have a consultation with Dr. Kami Parsa in Beverly Hills, CA. He specializes in revisions of bad surgery and has gotten good results in cases that other surgeons refused to touch.
i think you are still beautiful mely....
Thank u Colleen. U r so nice
Lucy, this surgery happened 10yrs ago, he tried to fix it twice but he could not fix it. I also thought at first he left my lower lids loose but, that's not the case it's the opposite he removed too much skin. At this moment I'm very afraid to go n have the revision done n first of all I do not have the money for that procedure. I'm also afraid to go n waste alot of money n b left in worse shape.
Hello,

At first, I looked at your pics and didn't know what you were talking about. Your upper eye lids look awesome. I had my upper eyelids done March 29, and I believe they are assymetrical, which is why I am looking at this site. Anyway, after scrutinizing your before and after photos, what I see is more whites of your eyes showing on the bottoms of your eyes, as if the lower lid surgery left your lower eyes more loose. They don't look loose, but you see more whites of your eyes. I would demand your surgeon to fix that - and if they are unable, then, I would seriously look at a lawsuit where you can collect $$ to get them fixed correctly elsewhere, in addition to emotional distress, pain and suffering... . These guys are forced to have malpractice insurance for a reason. Anyway, for what it's worth, I think the upper lids were done really well.
There is nothing this ps can do,he already tried to fix it twice n make it worse he doesn't know how to do blepharoplasty surgery moreless how to fix ectropions, but of course he is not going to accept that. Upperlids r not that awesome he left me with scars of almost n inch in length that I can't cover with nothing. This ps really needs to take some sewing classes.
Why not sue for malpractice? Then use the $$ to find a reputable ps who can repair what he did? That's what I would do. There are lawyers out there that will take your claim and not charge you a penny, but instead collect a % of your winnings, if you win. I would seriously look into it. Do note you have a statute of limitations, which means you only have a certain time period in which you can sue. You can also make a complaint to the medical boards in your state regarding his care. Warm regards,

Lucy
u really think it is that easy to sue. My upper part of my face was mutilated by a crazy and bazaard oculoplastic surgeon out of Orange County, Ca. I paid for eyelid surgery and he made cuts and pleat everywhere. HE done it to my eybrows and on top of that. He cut to the lateral side of my eyes. He made cuts everywhere and for what???? He made me look like an old lady. I didn't request for such a surgery. I wish I can show it to all of you, so you can see that he made a mess on my face. I have pleats above my eyebrows and and the "11's" between my eyebrows. If you see me in person, I can show you where all the stitch marks on. It makes no sense and of course he denies it on the websites. He done other stuff on my forehead and plastic surgeons told me he should review what he done so they can access how to make me more normal looking. Cuts on my skin turn brown and shows up as scars. Why this heartless person done this to me is cruel!!! I looked young before he touched my face and made wrinkles all over. I am not joking about it either. In order to see the finer wrinkles that is all over my eyelids you have to see me in person. .the deep cuts and pleats show up on photos, but the photos do not show how ugly they truly are. My eyelid creases are deep cuts and really ugly looking. . The doctor attempt every way to delete or remove my reviews on other sites stating are made up. Then who done this to my face/?? Why would I figure him if he isn't the one who did it to me. This Dr. W has no remorse for destroying my life. I have to wear dark sunglasses during the day. My eyes got really wrinkle, so I am going to get tinted eyeglasses to cover them up. People stare at me because the lower half of my face don't match up to the upper half. I clearly told this doctor what I am paying him to do at consultation and he used my face to practice facial plastic surgery. I am here trying to let people know my story and hoping it never happen to someone else. I won't wish this on my enemy. My worst nightmare wouldn't be this horrific.
This kind of stuff you want find a lawyer that will help you. My situation is way worst than mely's case. These surgeons know what they can get away with, so by posting on complaint board and ripoff you can let other people know and stay away from surgeons like that. Over 90% of people think if the surgery is botched you can automatically sue the doctor and win?? Guess what. Doctors often alter medical records and it is up to the jurors to decide. Comestic surgery cases without without injuries like unable to close your eyelids due to too much skin remove never make it to the court. It get dismiss. The case will not an expert witness (a doctor of the same field ) to testify it is severely botched. Mine eyes are horrible looking. It happen when I was 27. The ugliess started to show it my 30's. I have a lot of cuts that appears to be deep wrinkles, this idiot made different length of gouges on my eyelids, to the laternal sides of my eyes and my forehead. I have lump, bumpy scars, over lapping skin, webbing, and where he tied knots from stitching look like a sunburst. I was left with two super huge scars. One of my forehead to the left of my forehead and the other one on my eyelid creases which I paid a surgeon to move the big stitch mark to my crease line. No doctors that is sane would have done this to me. I gone for eyelids revision due to assemmetry on the inner creases and ended up multiated really badly. In pictures you don't see all the scars of different length and sizes. I have divots on my eyelids to about 3 inches away. This doctor is such a big idiot, I gone to many plastic surgeons and they asked me was he even board certified and is he a doctor? YEs, and Yes. This doctor in 1992 had a huge ad on L.A. Times proclaiming to be the best eyelid doctor in Orange County, CA. None could understand what he was trying to do. .What he done to my eyes is so odd. He created many pleats at different angles, he stiched my forhead up to make pleats. The pleats between my eyebrows are very wierd looking. An Indian lady a my primary care doctor told me if she look in front of my face, she can tell someone stitched up my forehead to created those wrinkles. Then I told her the story. .This indian lady got botched skin surfacing done and she is in different skin tone due to that. But this idiot doctor refuse anyone's negative review and calls it a lie. He move my review on many websites and he posted my complaint board one on vitals. That is not me entering my complaint board web address. It is him that put that down. Dr. w IS evil, mean and very cruel. No sane would perform surgery that way. It is completely opposite to making me looking better. He deformed my face and many surgeons will not take my case. They feel bad for me. Many of Dr. know what Dr. W done and he still claim he never done it and I should have taken him to court. At that time the ugliness did not magnetify as bad as 9 years later. The scars are really strange and very ugly. I have deep wrinkles that are made with some kind of surgerical tools. Why would I want that??????? Years later when it is too late to take him to court, I realize he used me for experimental surgery without my informed consent. I paid for asian eyelid revision. People are too trusting of their doctors. I thought he has to know what he is doing. I just have to wait and the scars may get better. I only look at my face from the frontal view and I don't want to look at my eyelids when it is close. When it is open it is different size and different shapes with my right eyebrow tail drop 1/4" from my left eye brow. Dr. W. had tried to fix a really deep cut and pulled skin down to patch up his mess. This is why my right eyebrow sag so much since I am 27. There is just too much to describe and I would like to learn to use the life web feature on my laptop to show some of you how ugly my eyelids are. This will show you people what I am saying is the truth. See it live on video conferencing (I think this is what that is call) will make some of you be careful who you go to get eyelid surgetry. The one I gone to is can become your lifetime nightmare. Mely you are still beautiful. Your eyes before is beautiful and your lashes. They are gorgeous from those photos you post.
Oops, I didn't proof read. I meant to say Dr. W. had entered my complant board complaint web address on vitals.com. He also posted that all negative reviews on him is fake, so all those unbelieable posititive reviews are Real?? Come on. People know he is a lair. I am not the patient he botched 15 years ago. That is another victim he pointed out to the world. He removed some rebuttals on a patient of his from 5 years ago that he first claim was the author of all his negative reviews. HOw can Dr. W. forget about the horrible things he done to my face. He should remember when it happen because he did the surgery without informed consent. I look like someone that is very weather and rugged worked all my life outdoors. I always held an office job and never spent much time out in the sun. My eyelids look like an asian past 120 years old. Oh, way a minute, some asians in Japan that is 120 years old don't even have the the deep wrinkles on their eyes as I do. He made the gouges really deep on my left eye than my right eyes. I am trying really hard to see if I can get onto those botched plastic surgery interviews or documentaries made for educational purpose. I don't want anyone to think all surgeries will end with good results. I just cannot understand why Dr. W. Pick me to carved my face out. I clearly told him at consultation that I want my inner eyelid creases to match up and ended up with a deformed face. I will not end warning people and many botched surgery victims are doing that. We are not protected by the law. It is a low estimate that at least 40% of comestic surgery is botched. This data is not made available to consumer and the government is held responsible. Most botched comestic surgery never make it to court or accepted by a lawyer. A lawyer may take your case and ask for up front money . This is a sign that he knows your case will not go any where. If the lawyer feels u have a case, he/she will not ask for up front money. For me it was too late to realize I have a case. Dr. W was not license to touch people's forehead and I paid $1800 in 1992 for eyelid surgery. At 27 people thought I was like 18 before surgery. After surgery people Thought I was like 45. As I age my skin begin to loosen and the scars are showing up really well. I wear heavy bangs and I was heavily bruised. I never looked at my forehead or side profile. This is a mistake of mine. Had I done it, I will see those huge gouges on the side of my eyelids, and side of my eyes. The gouges on my forehead didn't show up as ugly from frontal view. The side view it looks like someone used a drum sander (used for resurfacing hardwood floor) on my face. I was too trusting. I thought the scars was just overlapping skin, lump bump creases, and this goes to the lateral sides of both of my eyes, but it is way more. All people that had eyelids surgery better look at their faces from side profile and check your forehead. I am not making this up. Due to the cuts he made he made my forehead turned dark (I am normally light olive skin). Any cuts will turn my skin to browish coloring. Dr. W. doesn't want people to know what he done. Anyone that see me in person will know "No one will consent to such a surgery". I hope this happen to no one. I wear a big hat and wear dark sunglasses most of the time. In doors I wear a tinted pair of glasses made to hide my eyelids behind it. I hope it covers a bit of the deep gouges on the left side of my face. Please, please don't be so trusting. I live my life more like a hermit and do not social much. People are look at me like what happen to your face. I had this young asian lady told me " you better see if you can fix those eyelids of yours"
I really understand your feeling & your pain ..
I too know exactly what you are talking about. It took about a 1.5 years to see the final result and if I knew then what I know now! For the first year I thought my quad bleph. looked good, then the swelling suddenly and completely diminished and I'm now left with a very hollowed out, old, skeletal and tired look to my eyes. I too am scared about corrective surgery as not many surgeons do this type of correction. My eyes also are dried out and sometimes sting. It's horrible and I think it's only going to get worse as we age! I'm also having the same problem with makeup. Nothing seems to look right - no matter what I try. If I try and add mascara and shadow, it only harshens the looks of my eyes... It is very depressing because I feel like I did this to myself - should have left my eyes alone.
Oh do I feel your pain!! I have been living with retracted lower lids (one worse than the other too)from a bad lower bleph for years now. I am too afraid to seek a surgical correction. It makes me look sad and tired, and my eyes are dry and require drops all the time.
I feel for you...If you ever learn of any way to get this corrected, please share.
mely have you gone to any other surgeons? i know how hard this is,emotionally and financially. i too never thought i would be in this situation either. it makes us angry at everyone because we have been hurt... my doctor didnt even want to try to help,he didnt even want to see me again and even put it in his notes after he took the stitches out and realized how badly it looked...his staff told me so and i have it recorded on tape.the only reason he did was because he read on realself my public experience so then he had to try to pretend to care....but he did let me know that he considered THIS a successful surgery and he was not about to help me...also recorded.i would hate to see what my doctor considered an un successful surgery.nonetheless it was not really the fact that the outcome was not what either of us wanted but his narcissistic holier than thou and could care less attitude that really really hurt.. i am here for you and if you need someone to be a physical support for you,you let me know and i will do anything i can including go to appointments with you at my expense...i know what it is like to go through something like this and have absolutely no support system at all to lean on.i feel lost and all alone too....if not for my critters and knowing no one would take care of them i dont know what i would do.so just ask and i will be there colleen
Awe! Thank u so much for ur support Collen I would appreciate it very very much if u can go with me, to meet an oculoplastic surgeon there I'm planning to meet this year. Yes, I went to see another plastic surgeons in the past yrs, one in Iowa who wanted to do a tarsal strip but I decided not to go ahead because when I told him i didnt want anymore scars he said I was going to have more scars, so I didn't go ahead with the surgery. The other surgeon I went to see was from Texas n advice me to see n oculoplastic surgeon, that my eyelids need it n specialist to have a revision from a skilled oculoplastic surgeon. So after that I being searching for that skilled surgeon. Hopefully this year will b the end of this search. So, yes Collen it would b awsome if u can go with me to the appt with the surgeon.
of course i will go with you mely just make sure you let me know the date and time and i will make sure i take off from work and go with you...if it is someone here i could schedule my appointment too at the same time
Yes, I will let u know ahead of time. The surgeon I'm planning to see its in Los Angeles CA.
Avoid Dr. W Newport Beach, CA He is an oculoplastic surgeon. All the plastic surgeons and oculoplastic surgeons I done to see in the past asked me "Who done this to you"? Is he even board certified or even a licensed doctor? No sane person would do something like what Dr. W. done to my face. If you know how to use video conferencing I show you my face, then you will know how bad it is. I will show you before surgery photo, and photos of how I used to look like before surgery. If you are in Northern California, I will accompany you to see doctors. I am not working, if I am, I help to paid for revision. I know how it feel. It hurts !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Collenn and Mely, please keep us posted on the outcome. I am searching, searching, and searching for someone to make my eyes less ugly and deform. I gone to Dr. Kenneth Kim summer 2012. He was not very nice and looked at my eyes across the table. Didn't even examine me and told me "I am sorry I cannot help you". I said "why". Dr. Kim said "You don't have enjoy skin to fix anything". I said "Thank for you time and your honestly". I don't come on this site that often because when I am too depress I take naps trying to forget that this never happen. I part my hair to the right side, so more bangs can cover the right eyes. The pleats, and scars on my eyelids , lateral sides of my eyes, and forehead are 5X ugly on my left eye. I also try to hide the part that is between my eyebrows. My scars are really ugly. I am sure that it is way wort than Colleen's. Colleen have you tried Dr William Chen in Long Beach, CA?? He has been doing asian eyelids for over 30 years. In 1993 he helped me to lower a huge ugly stitch mark make by Dr. W onto my crease line. The stitch mark is really big and it is very noticeable, but Dr. Chen was able to move it into the crease. The other huge stitch mark is above my right eyebrow. Luckily I can hide some of the ugly scars with bangs. Image if you are a guy, you cannot really hide ugly scars on your eyes as much. Most guys do wear bangs.
I meant most guys do not wear bangs. I am using an HP laptop It is the worst computer I have ever own in my lifetime. The keyboard is mess up and the part where I can use with my fingers instead of a mouse is not working properly. This laptop is only a year old. HP envy dv 7 has a lot of problems. Don't buy any refurbish ones either . Mine purchased new from Costco. Colleen give it a try with Dr. William Chen Long Beach or Newport Beach, CA. Colleen I know how you feel and you are not alone. If you ever need to come to Northern California, I can pick you up from the airport and drive you to the doctor of your choice. If you ever come up North, please email me. I will ask my husband to pick the kids up from school for me. I am in the same boat with you. I have kids to take care of. My husband wears very thick glasses, but he does notice that my eyes are funny looking. I already hid a lot of ugliness with my bangs.
Awe
Omg I wrote more than the awe n I don't know what happen this mobile phone have a mind of his own. Thank u Alice for the offer. Sure u can come with us. I really appreciate it. I welcome u. Thank u for warn us about that bad Dr W. I feel ur pain Dear Alice. I'm sure one of this days u will find a skilled Surgeon that can fix ur scar dear.
I think your eyes look beautiful, but they do not look asian anymore. You probably wanted to maintain the asian look to your eyes, I'm guessing, and because your surgeon made them look European you don't like the results? If that is the case then I understand why you're not happy with the results. But your eyes definitely look very pretty.