Excited and Nervous - Denver, CO

I am scheduled to have the mini lift in October. I...

I am scheduled to have the mini lift in October. I am an ex smoker and am finally going to get rid of the slack skin around the mouth and jawline caused by years of smoking. The procedure is being performed by Dr. Vath. Everything I have read on-line is so reassuring. It sounds like both he and his staff do everything they can to make the patient comfortable. I'm also happy to read about the great followup care they provide. I've seen the before and after pics and am sure I will be thrilled with my results

How did your surgery go, Joy? I hope you're doing well. Please update us when you can! :)

I am so happy I decided to do this procedure. I'm certainly swollen today but I can already see what an amazing change my features have undergone. The neck is nice and tight and the jawline is so defined now. No jowels at all. The cheeks and neck area under my ears is pretty swollen, but that is to be expected. Some pain around the ears, but nothing that can't be managed. Dr Vath is the best. His skills and bedside manner immediately put me at ease. The facility is beautiful, calm and peaceful. Every single person I came in contact with were just the nicest people. You can tell they are all happy to be working with Dr. Vath and have a tremendous amount on respect for him. Everyone just wants to be helpful, make sure you are fully informed as to the procedure from pre to post op and willing to answer any question you might have. Everything about this experience has been positive and I can't wait to see how I look once the swelling has gone down. I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Vath and his staff. Special thanks to Mary and both Penny's. Just wonderful, lovely ladies.

I'm barely into day four post op but really...

I'm barely into day four post op but really wishing more of the swelling was gone. I was so concerned, I left a message for Dr. Vath yesterday. He called me back in less than 5 minutes (wow) and was very reassuring that everything was progressing the way that it should. You do this procedure to define and tighten things up so it's difficult to see your face so bloated and round. I worry that the swelling is actually stretching out all the skin that the procedure just tightened. The pain is better now. Still need to take the pain meds to sleep through the night but able to easily manage it during the day with Tylenol. It seems to hurt a little more at night. Once I get up in the morning, I don't notice it as much. Very glad I had scheduled myself to work from home this week. Still not ready for people to see me. This is probably the most difficult time because you just have to be patient. I know a better face is waiting to show itself.
HI joy you look really pretty just one day after surgery will appreciate if you can post your recent pics with your recovery period information. Happy Holidays. Amy
I'm considering the same procedure with Dr. Vath so thank you for sharing your experience. Good luck with your recovery.
Today is even better. The swelling in my cheeks is down enough that I no longer have that the "pulled mouth" look. Still real tight through the neck but I expect that to relax a little over the next few days. I've been able to get off the pain meds (I was taking percocet) and can easily manage the discomfort using just Tylenol. Still quite a bit of bruising and my ears are still pretty swollen. I can't wait to be able to lay down too sleep again. I chose Dr. Vath after lots of research and am really happy with my choice. Dr. Wolfe is also supposed to be really good. It's just about finding someone who makes you feel comfortable. Kim Malloy is a real sweetheart too. She is the scheduling nurse.
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lots of on-line research both about the procedure and Dr. Vath. I found nothing but positive reviews about him and his clinic. I also see where a whopping 90+% of people who have had the mini-lift would do it again and recommend it to the family and friends.