Bruising After Jevederm - Denver, CO

I am a 58 year old caucasian woman and I wanted to...

I am a 58 year old caucasian woman and I wanted to have some facial rejuvenating done, so I went for a consult at a local med spa which is run under the direction of two plastic surgeons. My practitioner was a lovely RN with several years of injector experience. I had never done any fillers or botox before, but that's what was recommended for me to achieve a more youthful appearance. I received botox in the upper portion of my face; around the crowsfeet at the corners of my eyes and the eleven lines inside of my eyebrows and a few injections on my forehead. I received jevederm in my nasal-labial folds and my marionette lines.
It has been two weeks and one day since my appointment. I am very happy with the results, and I will do it again, but I want to share my experience with bruising from the jevederm. I had so much bruising around my mouth and, although it gradually faded a little every day, it lasted until this morning! I made a commitment to myself that I was going to post my experience with bruising on this website after it was all gone, so that I can be a source of comfort and education to others who might be freaking out over the excessive bruising that they were having from juvederm. I had no idea it would be so bad, and the truth is, I do bruise very easily on other parts of my body, so maybe this was to be expected. I had been researching online to see if other people experienced this type of reaction to jevederm, and to an extent, it was comforting to know that this was a common side effect. I guess I just want to tell other people that it DOES go away! During these two weeks, I had serious concerns that the bruises would never fade and I'd be one of the unfortunate ones with bad results. My nurse was compassionate over my concerns and she showed my phone photos to the doctor and they both said, don't worry, it looks great, you'll be gorgeous. So, two weeks and one day after the procedure, my bruises are finally all gone. I want to reassure others that it is not all that uncommon for bruises to take this long to go away, and to just be patient, and not freak out as I did. I hope my message will help others not worry so much! I love the results now and I would do it again, but next time I will plan my appointment with expected down time for bruising afterwards.
Ann Marie, RN

Rejuvenate at the Center for Cosmetic Surgery

Bruising is really normal with Juviderm. I had it worse the first time and not so much the second time (had a great RN also!). Try ice and Arnica is also great, you can take the small tablets or the cream.
It's because of the blood supply in the lips. Of course it will bruise. Once the bruises go away, beautiful lips :)

Thanks for sharing your story with us, especially the info about what to expect with bruising.  Next time try using some topical arnica gel on the bruises to help them fade faster.  I use it all the time (I bruise easily and trail run= lots of ugly bruises).