58yrs, 40J, 5'7", 220 Lbs - Dr. Gordon - Denver, CO

Thank you to all who post here! Every newsletter...

Thank you to all who post here!
Every newsletter that comes to my email I go through completely. Reading all the posts has already helped me so much about what to expect, what products to use, everything.
Will post pics as soon as I start taking some.
Was always basically normal size, but on the fuller side i.e. 34B at 20yrs. Gradually grew with age. At 40 was a 38D or DD. Gained a lot of weight, like 40 lbs over a year and size finally went to a 44J. But, I was wearing 44-46DDD-H, depending on what size I could get and from where, i.e. Walmart DDD or online order G-I. Til got J. Would love to be able to buy bras at Walmart!
No date for surgery, yet. Have seen my PS about what to expect, measurements and his photos. They will call me for surgery date in about 4-6 months. I am a disabled veteran (invisible disabilities), so VA will cover $ and procedure. Thank GOD! No more back aches, neck and shoulder pain, headaches, rolling over on my boobs in the middle of the night and pinching my nipples(LOL. that's just for the ladies who know), no more having my boobs be in the way of my arms while I drive!, no more wearing blouses/tops that fit my boobs but the shoulder seams are 2-3 inches below each shoulder, no more people making snide remarks close enough to be sure I overhear but acting like they are not, no more looking deformed in a turtleneck (only wore once out in public once and later saw a picture of myself! HORRIBLE. So, only wore under other things afterward). No more yeast rashes under the breasts! No more deciding whether to overflow the top of my bras or the sides of my bras. Back to those comments...no more "overhearing" i.e. you know the commenters really want you to hear, "wonder what THOSE cost," "who would DO that to themselves," "are those real," "WOW." And the gigglers, and the hysterical laughers.
I will really look forward to being on here. You are all such wonderful, nice ladies who appreciate your bust, and even more so when they are smaller! YEAH!

First of all: thank you for your service as a veteran. I'm grateful for that. Second of all: make sure you take your time to choose the best possible doctor. It's important to have good rapport and to feel comfortable with them. I should have followed my instincts and gone with another doctor. If they make you feel like you're bothering them, or they've got better things to do than answer your questions, it might be better to keep looking. The yeast infections are dreadful, aren't they? And the double takes and the comments from other people....they're beyond dreadful. They're painful and humiliating and so degrading. They make you feel like a Thing, not a Person. I am so sorry you had to deal with that. This surgery will be a weight off of your shoulders in more ways than one :)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Can you email me a copy of what I said? I can not imagine that I would say anything inappropriate. Thank you.

Pictures 6.12.2014

I'm not very good at taking "selfies" in the mirror. But, I tried and this is what came out. So excited to get the BR. Oh, I don't have deep shoulder indents, because I have always worn bras with support in the bands, and I don't tighten straps up real super tight. And, it shows, i.e. gravity wins! It is so good reading all of your posts. I have learned so many things. Have great ideas for post surgery bras, healing, meds. Just about everything is on here. Thanks, as always.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

BRA. Glamorise 42J

Forgot to add the bra pics. Have bought these bras from Woman Within for years now. They fit the best and are actually comfortable. I'm thinking about buying some new ones in my new size when I get it. It's a front hook and has shoulder support bands in the back. But, no rubbing or pulling on the arms. Tried to get a pic of the cup size. Just didn't work well. Can not wait to buy beautiful new bras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I see the WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL!!!! YES on your profile check to see if you see mine I do see yours~~~~
as far as ice goes I always put thin kithcen towel around them just to get skin cold you sure dont need to burn the skin I have did that before frost burnt skin on my previous neck and back surgerys
OUCH! Thanks

Breast Massage How To

Found this on YouTube.

Well done you. I am a bit of a moaner post-op ... but I know it will be worth it in the long run and these days will be forgotten i.e. the challenges of sleeping on my back and waking up in the night to walk around. Look forward to hearing you have your date and the count-down has begun ...
You give me hope and the courage to start pickiing out a surgeon and making an appointment. I have to work on documentation for my insurance, I was an RN and usually just bought antifungal stuff otc without going in. I wonder how much you have to have. I do have discoloration from it, all underneath. I also have neck,back and shoulder pain, but guess I should, dr. told me that they were very heavy and dense. I had gastric bypass and lost 100 lb, gained some back but lost again. so I need a pannectomy too. Does anyone know if I can get both done at once? And can I go from a 42I to a B cup? I would love an A.
About getting both done at once, it's best to go to the Ask theDoctors section on this site and ask them. Docs differ on how much they'll take off, so keep interviewing docs until you find someone that will do what you want. Keep in mind that if your belly sticks out a lot it might not look good to go that small.

Surgery videos

For all those without weak stomachs, or creeped out by live surgery, I happened across this site. It has all kinds of surgeries. Not just BR.
Well, that one is reconstruction. Close enough?

Your before breasts are so much like mine that I actually did a double take thinking they were mine. You will be so happy once you have surgery - it is a life changing surgery. I used the glamorise bra as one of my after surgery bras - it was the only front closing bra that I could find that actually fit properly.
They aren't pretty, but they do a great job. How many 40J bras do you know that actually offer any kind of support. The cups are so well separated that I've thought about getting a couple for PO.
Hi friend, I just posted a new review and pics. Even with my bumpy recovery I can say my back , neck and shoulders feel so much better already! I'm still happy I got it done and so love my lefty...righty will heal and be just as pretty. B/c of infection Dr. sd will it bother me to NOT wear a bra HAHAHA I've been waiting for this since 5th grade lol! Your date will come before you know it and I can't wait to see your pics!
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Have only met for info so far, but I think he is great! Found some online information about him, i.e. doctors, hospital info type websites. When doctors where surveyed about who they would want to perform surgery on them if needed, they chose Dr. Gordon. THAT does wonders for any questions. Will update as I go along. Or, after surgery.