58yrs, 40J, 5'7", 220 Lbs - Dr. Gordon - Denver, CO

Thank you to all who post here! Every newsletter...

Thank you to all who post here!
Every newsletter that comes to my email I go through completely. Reading all the posts has already helped me so much about what to expect, what products to use, everything.
Will post pics as soon as I start taking some.
Was always basically normal size, but on the fuller side i.e. 34B at 20yrs. Gradually grew with age. At 40 was a 38D or DD. Gained a lot of weight, like 40 lbs over a year and size finally went to a 44J. But, I was wearing 44-46DDD-H, depending on what size I could get and from where, i.e. Walmart DDD or online order G-I. Til got J. Would love to be able to buy bras at Walmart!
No date for surgery, yet. Have seen my PS about what to expect, measurements and his photos. They will call me for surgery date in about 4-6 months. I am a disabled veteran (invisible disabilities), so VA will cover $ and procedure. Thank GOD! No more back aches, neck and shoulder pain, headaches, rolling over on my boobs in the middle of the night and pinching my nipples(LOL. that's just for the ladies who know), no more having my boobs be in the way of my arms while I drive!, no more wearing blouses/tops that fit my boobs but the shoulder seams are 2-3 inches below each shoulder, no more people making snide remarks close enough to be sure I overhear but acting like they are not, no more looking deformed in a turtleneck (only wore once out in public once and later saw a picture of myself! HORRIBLE. So, only wore under other things afterward). No more yeast rashes under the breasts! No more deciding whether to overflow the top of my bras or the sides of my bras. Back to those comments...no more "overhearing" i.e. you know the commenters really want you to hear, "wonder what THOSE cost," "who would DO that to themselves," "are those real," "WOW." And the gigglers, and the hysterical laughers.
I will really look forward to being on here. You are all such wonderful, nice ladies who appreciate your bust, and even more so when they are smaller! YEAH!

Pictures 6.12.2014

I'm not very good at taking "selfies" in the mirror. But, I tried and this is what came out. So excited to get the BR. Oh, I don't have deep shoulder indents, because I have always worn bras with support in the bands, and I don't tighten straps up real super tight. And, it shows, i.e. gravity wins! It is so good reading all of your posts. I have learned so many things. Have great ideas for post surgery bras, healing, meds. Just about everything is on here. Thanks, as always.

BRA. Glamorise 42J

Forgot to add the bra pics. Have bought these bras from Woman Within for years now. They fit the best and are actually comfortable. I'm thinking about buying some new ones in my new size when I get it. It's a front hook and has shoulder support bands in the back. But, no rubbing or pulling on the arms. Tried to get a pic of the cup size. Just didn't work well. Can not wait to buy beautiful new bras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Breast Massage How To

Found this on YouTube.

Surgery videos

For all those without weak stomachs, or creeped out by live surgery, I happened across this site. It has all kinds of surgeries. Not just BR.
Well, that one is reconstruction. Close enough?
Aurora Plastic Surgeon

Have only met for info so far, but I think he is great! Found some online information about him, i.e. doctors, hospital info type websites. When doctors where surveyed about who they would want to perform surgery on them if needed, they chose Dr. Gordon. THAT does wonders for any questions. Will update as I go along. Or, after surgery.

Your before breasts are so much like mine that I actually did a double take thinking they were mine. You will be so happy once you have surgery - it is a life changing surgery. I used the glamorise bra as one of my after surgery bras - it was the only front closing bra that I could find that actually fit properly.
They aren't pretty, but they do a great job. How many 40J bras do you know that actually offer any kind of support. The cups are so well separated that I've thought about getting a couple for PO.
Hi friend, I just posted a new review and pics. Even with my bumpy recovery I can say my back , neck and shoulders feel so much better already! I'm still happy I got it done and so love my lefty...righty will heal and be just as pretty. B/c of infection Dr. sd will it bother me to NOT wear a bra HAHAHA I've been waiting for this since 5th grade lol! Your date will come before you know it and I can't wait to see your pics!
You and me both! Thanks. You keep hanging in there. If I come across that open wound I told you about on your review, I'll send it to you. Take care and know you are being thought of.
Thanks so much
Have you had your surgery yet?
Not yet. Hoping for Sept or Oct. Getting ready. And, thinking I now know "everything" from reading these posts. lol Buying everything I think I'll need. Trying to "accumulate" the blue tape. lol Figure I'll go through a whole lot of blue tape. I am so excited and ready!
I used it alot at first months any where I thought it needed more support under breast and two on sides of nipples!!! I used 4 rolls I put it on now every so often a few times a week If I dont put it on I wear nice bra,to sleep in
will be here before you know I am 3 months Post opt today. I will update on 6 months so three more months then at a year I see more changes.
Seesaw, Dr.Gordon told me not to use any tape when he and Carol were taking off my dressings so you might wart to ask before buying more. It's so expensive.
I guess that is the difference between Plastic Surgeons I sure didnt want to have my stitches to come out around the seventh week thats alot of weight on them stitches it is expensive I bought 4 rolls and I am three months post op and feel Like I dont need to use it anymore its great to keep the headlights from shining!!! I think it was like 6 bucks a roll and I used 4 rolls that is 24.00 bucks a small price to pay but a relief off my mind!!!!
Im excited for you as well It is life changing I just remember how big mine were so heavy and fell in my arm pits LOL I hated that added weight alot of times now I cant tell I Have a bra on BUT KEEP THEM UNDERWIRES OUT OF HERE THeY KILL ME!!!
Amen.
Oh. Okay. I'll be sure to ask him. Thanks for letting me know.
Well done you. I am a bit of a moaner post-op ... but I know it will be worth it in the long run and these days will be forgotten i.e. the challenges of sleeping on my back and waking up in the night to walk around. Look forward to hearing you have your date and the count-down has begun ...
You give me hope and the courage to start pickiing out a surgeon and making an appointment. I have to work on documentation for my insurance, I was an RN and usually just bought antifungal stuff otc without going in. I wonder how much you have to have. I do have discoloration from it, all underneath. I also have neck,back and shoulder pain, but guess I should, dr. told me that they were very heavy and dense. I had gastric bypass and lost 100 lb, gained some back but lost again. so I need a pannectomy too. Does anyone know if I can get both done at once? And can I go from a 42I to a B cup? I would love an A.
About getting both done at once, it's best to go to the Ask theDoctors section on this site and ask them. Docs differ on how much they'll take off, so keep interviewing docs until you find someone that will do what you want. Keep in mind that if your belly sticks out a lot it might not look good to go that small.
Congratulations on your weight loss! That is great! For the yeast rashes, someone years ago recommended "Rash Cream" to me. It is only sold on the internet (to my knowledge). And was running about $5-6 a jar. It works wonders! Although it doesn't stop the discolorations. As for size Dr. Gordon's nurse told me that a lot of women want to go to "B's". But, it has a lot to do with being proportionate.... And the "girls" seem to change size a lot before settling into their final...whatever. lol Go for it! Oh, for insurance info....take a photo in a turtle neck!
What is the rash cream called? Is it the calmoseptine stuff?
No. Not calmoseptine, that I know of. It is just named "Rash Cream." This is the wesbsite. http://rashcream.com/ There are some reviews from women saying how helpful it is for some medical issue I've never heard of. But, I'm guessing it's very private...and the ladies say it works for that. I hate to admit it, but I can have a horrible yeast rash below my bust, and in the "crooks" of my legs at my crotch, and the rash cream will take all the pain away almost immediately.
I have thought about this as I am very overweight and my belly sticks out a lot. I have always thought, well I'll lose weight first then get it done. Well I'm 59 and still struggle to just not keep gaining! I want to get it done and go really really small as I'm not going to do it twice. Do you think wearing padded bras to match my stomach when out in public would work? I wouldn't like it but it would still be a ton of relief and I wouldn't wear it at home.
I really would not know. Good luck.
I see the WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL!!!! YES on your profile check to see if you see mine I do see yours~~~~
as far as ice goes I always put thin kithcen towel around them just to get skin cold you sure dont need to burn the skin I have did that before frost burnt skin on my previous neck and back surgerys
OUCH! Thanks