Going on 4th Surgery :(

I could not be more thrilled with the results of...

I could not be more thrilled with the results of my bilateral mastopexy! One year ago I had undergone a circumareolar breast lift with silicone implants to which the lift did not hold and I ended up with heavy, drooping, unsymmetrical breasts. I was very self-conscious and nervous to have to undergo another surgery which I thought would lead to even more scarring and could potentially end up worse than I was before.

Well I found the most amazing, talented Plastic Surgeon in Denver, Colorado who was so warm and compassionate and knew what she was doing based on years of plastic surgery training at University Hospital. She took her time with me and answered my numerous questions and concerns, making it apparent how knowledgeable she was in reconstructive/revisionary breast lift surgery. The entire staff were so friendly and Angela, her surgery scheduler, was so helpful, informative and supportive.

By day 3 of the surgery I was in no pain whatsoever and already felt 100% again! I am so pleased with my new breasts: beautiful, perky, symmetrical! I could not be more happy with my results and the whole experience!!

Well it is almost a year later and unfortunately...

Well it is almost a year later and unfortunately my breast lift didn't hold up and my left breast dropped so I had a revision in November 2011 to which my left breast dropped and now I am going to have to have another surgery as my left breast not only dropped but is out of it's pocket as well. I am frustrated and not sure if getting the breast lift was worth it after all since I now have permanent scars. I am still having to pay anesthesia costs for my 4th surgery...sigh...

I uploaded a before/after photo.

I uploaded a before/after photo.

Both my breasts have dropped which I guess is...

Both my breasts have dropped which I guess is partially my skin tissue elasticity but my left breast has once again dropped even more and bottomed out so now I have two different shaped breasts just like I did after the 3rd surgery so I feel like I am back to square one and when I went to see Dr. Franco-Webb she was just going to do the same procedure as she did the first and second time to which I ask if one and two didn't work, why would three work? Sigh. She is an absolutely delightful person and very friendly but unfortunately did not give me good results. So now I must move on to a third Plastic Surgeon who will hopefully be able to use Strattice to prevent from bottoming out again. Another 10k. So almost 30k...I TOTALLY REGRET EVER HAVING BREAST IMPLANTS/LIFT!!! :(
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Franco Webb is extremely nice, listens well and strives to do her best. However, I had two surgeries with her and now need a third so I am not happy with the results and am going to move on to another doctor.

Thank you for posting this. I was looking at surgeons in the Denver area for a future breast lift. I hope you find a great surgeon for your next procedure, and I wish you the best!
I did wonder the same thing as Vicky, would you be a size that you are happy with if only a lift? I had a lift one week ago and am very happy. My PS suggested implants but I said no after much reading on this site. Less gravity issues in the future if I have less... Have you posted this question in the doctor Q&A section? My thoughts are with you.
Hi VickyL, you know that might be a good idea as I regret ever having implants to begin with! I just feel like I have already paid for them but actually since I am having so many surgeries they probably would need new implants anyways so might be easier to not have any. Did you already have the lift without implants? If so, are you pleased with the results?
Yes I had the lift without the implants....now I am a 38E or 38DD I am very pleased but I would have liked to be bigger because im 6' 1'' tall and they dont look that big for my body.but maybe I'll do it in the future but with fat transfer not with implants...U can see my review if u like...at first I was uneven but everyday that passes I'm getting more even.Now I am at week 8 post op.
Have u consider doing the lift with no implants at all…I totally understand that u want bigger boobs but u can’t keep lifting them every time...I also wanted to go bigger but my doc told me that my skin wouldn’t be able to support the weight of the implants and that it would be best for me not to put any.
oh no, that is not good at all, I know is a lot of money and very discouraging. Very interesting this "Strattice" porcine tissue, very useful material in surgeries, it can be a great option for this cases of weak tissue. Give a visit to Dr. Cecilia, call to the center, she seems very nice, I don't understand why is she no replaying back your e-mails. Your breasts looks very nice still, the droop its not that bad, but I understand that after so much money and good expectations this is happening again. You did not have tummy tuck with her? just breast aug. with lift? Who recommend Dr. Webb to you?
I have no idea why it is happening. I feel like a strong material like "Strattice" should have been used last surgery to prevent this from happening. I have sent a number of emails to Dr. Franco-Webb but have not heard back from her.
I am just starting to get really down about the whole experience and in hindsight am beginning to wish I had never even had implants/lift....sigh.... It has cost almost $20k to feel like I have large, weighed down, uneven breasts. :(
what size of implants do you have? mine are 365cc and I want smaller and lift (with smaller implant again)
How are you doing now? Did Dr. Franco-Webb offer any further suggestions for you? Hope you are doing well!!!
Do you lift weights? I wonder why is this happening? What Dr. Franco-Webb said about this?
Hi, yes I have had 3 surgeries so far. I went to Dr. Franco-Webb for both revisions. The photos are after the second and third revisions. My left breast has fallen out of it's pocket again like it did the last two times so I am not sure what to do at this point.
Did you go back to Dr. Cecilia for your revision? also in your after picture did you already had your last surgery (revision)?
your scars are very subtle and fading nicely.
Thank you for posting your pictures, what size of implants and profile do you have? Your breasts look very nice in the after picture. Right breast looks a little high than left?
Hello, I'm schedule for June 5 ,2012 with Dr. Cecilia W. I will have lift with implants and tummy tuck as well at the same time, very excitated. I feel confident that everything will go fine. Dr. C. seems very professional and understanding. Will you post pictures of yourself?

I'm truly glad this was such a positive experience for you. Thanks so much for posting your story on RealSelf.