Having A Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift Without Implants On 3-31-11 - Delaware

I will be getting a tt with mr & a bl. In one...

I will be getting a tt with mr & a bl. In one way I can't wait to get this done & over with because I am so tired of it being constantly on my mind & thinking I had back labor I can do this. Then in another way never having any surgery before & not knowing how I am going to handle this pain, am I going to be like some of these people on here that say it's not as bad as I thought just like I did a lot of crunches or am I going to be like not sure if the pain is really worth it? Ugh !

However my main concern is this. I am hair dresser who does not get paid while not working. But I will still be getting the bills in the mail so I am hoping to go back as soon as I can. I work 3 days a week & if I am really busy & may have to stand for the whole 5 hours being there with some possible few minutes in between customers to sit down. I know everybody heals & takes pain differently but can people on here who had what I am getting done give me an idea as to when they think they would be able to return back to a 5 hour standing job after having their stomach muscle sutured back together? Thank you !

Going in next Thursday for surgery. Just want to...

Going in next Thursday for surgery. Just want to get this over with so I can stop obsessing over it. One moment I'm like I can handle this it won't be that bad, then the next minute I'm like oh no I'm so scared of the pain I will have & wanna back out. I just really hoping that the pain will never be so bad that I regret doing it. I am so afraid of the muscle tightening that I even forget that I am also getting a boobie lift.
Sometimes I wonder will all this pain be worth it because if you see me in clothes you would never know I have all this extra skin. My belly is pretty flat looking.I don't think the dr. is doing any lipo, he said I don't have any fat.So I guess that's a plus for recovery.Just want to get all this extra skin off of me , it repulses me to look at it.
I know I won't back out because I have spent WAY to much time researching & buying things to try to make recovery easier. Too much time & $ has been invested in this to back out know.I even bought the VitaMedica Surgery Program. Don't really know if it was a waste of $ & if it actually works but even if it is a mind thing, thinking that this has prepared me is enough.
Newark Plastic Surgeon

How do you feel about your overall results???
Hi there, I am so confused if I should go with Dr. S or with Dr. Chang???? I really would like a tt but bc of work I can't do it, so I can do is Lipo and BBL.... Did u get Lipo done??? And if so, is it smooth?
Yay !!! I so know the feelings you are having . To be honest i am so glad that part is behind me because the nervousness I had before sx was the worst part for me. You will do great , you are definitely in good hands that is for sure. I am so glad i went through with it . i am now much more confident & feel so much better when I look in the mirror.
Ohhhhh Girl! I go in 4 days I am sooo nervous! How are you doing? Are you back to your normal and improved self yet? Hope all is well! :)
Did you feel that the VitaMedica Surgery Program may have helped in speeding your recovery? I know, so many questions...so sorry!

Dawn
It is hard to say weather or not it worked because I never had any surgery before to compare it to. But I can tell you that I had absolutely no bruising & ever so slightly swelling, very very minimal.
I agree with the others. 2 weeks is when you'll start feeling a better but you will be TIRED and sore after that much work. You may have to take some pain killers (prob just Xstrenght Advil) for a while longer if you have to be so physical though.
The best Surgeon...you will be very pleased!!!Wishing you a safe surgery!
Thank you MS 2HOT you have really made me more at ease knowing you went to the same dr.
Hi dezzy! Would also say 2wks. At two weeks i would have been able to stand working with some small breaks in between for 5hrs. You will be tired... But each week gets dramatically better. If you can get past the 3rd wk, you will be fine. I had back labor too.... This is so much easier! Best of luck!
Thanks Ohio34. My ps said 2-3 weeks and after reading some other peoples reviews saying to take off for 4-6 weeks really made me nervous. Glad to hear someone who had what I'm getting done could have gone back in 2 weeks. Thanks you gave me hope !

I would say no sooner than 2 weeks. This is an average based on the RealSelf reviews I've read. Everyone is different, of course. Maybe you'll be a lucky one who heals and gets your energy back very quickly, but it's really important that you rest during this time. Good luck! Please keep us posted on how you're feeling and healing.