The Right Choice - Del Mar, CA

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr....

I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr. Chasan. I was diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer in February 2012. As a 37-year-old new mother, it was such a devastation to receive the news of this diagnosis in an already stressful and overwhelming time.

I opted for a double mastectomy and Dr. Chasan is one of the very few plastic surgeons who does both skin and nipple sparing mastectomies with immediate reconstruction. He practices cutting edge procedures that many other surgeons do not. That being said, I traveled from San Francisco to Del Mar so that Dr. Chasan could perform my procedure. My results exceeded my expectations and I was thrilled!

Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

I feel extremely lucky to have been under the care of Dr. Chasan and his staff. They are so talented, knowledgeable, and caring and went above and beyond with everything. They really put my mind at ease which made me confident that I had definitely chosen the right surgeon, and was in the best hands. If you have any doubts at all or are trying to choose the top plastic surgeon in Southern California, look no further. This will be one of the best decisions you have ever made. Dr. Chasan is a perfectionist and very meticulous about his work. He takes the necessary time to ensure that each and every one of his patients achieve perfect results, not because he has to, but because he truly cares. Paul is an excellent plastic surgeon with an incredible bed side manner, and I feel truly blessed to have been under his care.

Wow, I can't imagine the shock you must have been in when you received your diagnosis. I'm so glad you were able to overcome the cancer!!

Can you tell me a little more about what the immediate reconstruction consisted of, and what healing was like for you?

Hi Megan! I went to quite a few other plastic surgeons first in regards to a double mastectomy with reconstruction, and Dr. Chasan was the only one that even mentioned immediate reconstruction. Everyone else was talking 5-6 surgeries with tissue expanders, nipple reconstruction etc., and that just didn't sit well with me, so I kept researching doctors until I found Dr. Chasan. He is very highly recommended in the industry .. he truly is the best! Instead of having 5-6 surgeries, I had 1 surgery where all of the breast tissue was removed and implants were put in at the same time. Dr. Chasan's procedures are cutting edge and it is incredible that he is able to do nipple and skin sparing mastectomies. As far as healing goes, I was in the hospital overnight and it took me probably 10-14 days to heal. I had follow up appointments with Dr. Chasan to ensure proper healing. I couldn't have asked for a better experience or a better plastic surgeon!

Wow, as far as having to go through such an ordeal as that goes, it sounds like a really good experience.

How is your baby doing?

My daughter is 17 months old now and is doing great, thanks for asking! :)

Awe, good - so glad to hear!!