Surgery Was Needed Due to Health Problems - Decatur, GA

I have always had stretch marks on my breast since...

I have always had stretch marks on my breast since the age of 14, they grow so big and always hurt. So after two children and being a single parent who could not sleep on my breast due to very intense pain, not including the constant back pain. I went to Dr.Woods, and this is what I got left with below. When I came in to show him the results of his surgery and expressed I was embarrassed and displeased with how my breast looked after the surgery; he got upset with me, I asked him to correct the damage he had done to my body and he refused to pay for the hospital stay. I did not have 4,500 dollars to pay for correcting the damage he had done to my body. The insurance that I had used said that the hospital stay was included in the cost of surgery and Dr. Woods had a moral and legal obligation to fix the damage he had done in the surgery to my breast. When I told him what the insurance had said he I am not fixing your breast and hung up the phone in my face.

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joseph Woods, left me scarred very misshaped and he didn't seem to care about how my bad breast looked after the surgery.

I m so sorry...I was messed up by my Ps dr Andrew jimerson too.i lost 20000$ and he treat me very bad.but God sees everything....I pray and hope you will find someone to fix it...blessings
Sue him! That's unacceptable! It makes me mad how someone can be so heartless and uncaring for others!!!
I was messed up by my pS also. He said ya I see your issues and they won't go away. Then told me my insurance won't cover revisions and that I will have to pay out of pocket to get it fixed. I won't be going back to him again. No telling what I will end up with afterwards. I feel so deeply saddened by your pain. Yours was way worse than mine and I have cried so many times since my surgery the end of oct.
Hi Dena33, I'm so sorry about this. I don't understand how this is referred to as a "mistake". This looks so far below good standard of care. Wow. Keep us posted, and finish law school so you can help others who have had bad plastic surgery. I'd like to see you get your revision with a different surgeon than the one who created this mess in the first place.
Dear Dena33, This is Dr. Woods. I continue to offer you a no cost consult in my office to discuss your surgical outcome. I see your emotional heartache from a procedure performed 16 years ago . I posted an invitation for you to visit my office several weeks ago. You indicated you would call the day after MLK holiday. It's been 3 weeks past that and I continue to reach out to you to kindly offer my recommendations for a revision. Best Regards, Dr. Woods, 404-292-4223, Atlanta . We remain here for you.
I want to thank all of you who understand my pain. This is a reason I am currently in law school, to help all the people who didn't and don't know their rights just like I was. For those who know their rights when malpractice happens to them then tell others so they won't let the statutes run out on them. Help instead of looking down on a person because they simply didn't know. How many people at 24 knew everything? I have two children in college and they still have a lot to learn about everything. So this will be my last comment about my breast reduction gone wrong, I will leave you all with this. Stop wondering why and wonder what? Help someone who doesn't know. Just because a person asks, does not mean they will get the correct answer. No more replies will be given from me, so if you have anything bad to say then keep it to your self. This is the reason why people never tell. Karma comes to all who have done wrong. Again sorry I shared my story. Look and read before criticize, I never said it happen yesterday, it does not matter when it happen, just that it happen. Don't judge me for a surgery I did not perform. SMH Goodbye.
Thank you.....
Now I am sorry I shared my story.........
I am so sorry that you have have been treated this way.
Now Dena am confused . You saying now that this happened in 1986? And u have lived with it since then? And never did anthing about it.
Dear Dena, once again, this is Dr Joseph Woods himself. I have combed my patients files for the last five years and can find no record of your name or complaint. Was your surgery further back than five years ago? If so, why have you delayed any corrective measures? As I previously mentioned, I would never ignore a patient concern nor "hang up" on them. We are an office that stands for honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times. Please take a moment to contact us and confirm that you are in our files and allow us to reconnect with you. If you are one of my former patients, we would hope you would have the courtesy to respond. We stand by all our surgery and our patients' satisfaction is our highest priority. Many thanks, Dr Woods 404-292-4223
Yes it was more than five years ago. 1998. When you are poor and have no money, people tend to sweep you under the rug, once they have gotten the insurance money, and they know you have no money to fight it. Reading above, I hope you do keep me as your patient satisfaction as your highest priority and correct the damage caused by your surgery to my breast. I will call your office Tuesday, about fixing my breast.
I look forward to reconnecting with you Dena. To be fair to this forum, you have acknowledged thatindeed your surgery was 16 years ago. I am very sorry for your unsatisfactory results. With any procedure in Plastic Surgery, it is fair to review the before and after photos if your are going to claim inappropriate care.Do you have any pre-op photos? Many followers of this forum are claiming malpractice and reporting your doctor "to the medical boards". For your own reasons, you have waited 16 years to bring this issue up. I have no recollection of your personal, individual case because of the time frame involved. I am sure you and I discussed corrective measures many years ago when your post operative result was unsatisfactory. So to be clear, you have lived with your current result for 16 years. You need to be accurate and balanced when bringing your personal medical issues into an open medical forum . I am saddened by your comment about being poor and "being swept under the rug". You know my reputation well enough to know that money has never been an issue in my care of my patients. I think it would be appropriate for you to clarify why, after 16 years, you have decided to approach your breast health in an impersonal open forum , as opposed to seeking your physician's opinion 14 or 15 years ago . No doctor or operation is 100% perfect because we are all humans to the core, despite our training and experience. I look forward to exploring options to assist you. Sincerely, Dr Joseph Woods
This is the same way you reacted to me when I first told you about how I felt about the results of my surgery. Your just being a little nicer about it because you are on a forum. I have not then and I have not lied now about my results. The pictures are the proof. This did not happen to you, it happen to me. Don't try to make me feel bad about a surgery you performed on my body. If you look at the thread, it says when the surgery was performed. If you don't want to fix my breast then say so. Instead of going back and forth with me. A respectable surgeon would own up to the results and correct what he did wrong. Why would you be offended about the being poor comment. You are not the one who's poor. Are you more interested in clearing your name or are you more concerned about how my breast look? To all who are reading this thread, this respond that you are reading from Dr. Woods is the reason why I have had to live with my breast like this. Why, because it cost money to fix my breast and if I obtained a lawyer, that would cost money also. Money I did and don't have. So I had to live with the results he left me with. With the birth of internet forms this is the first time I have been able to get my story out. Now he wants to make me feel bad about it, instead of fixing it and making things right. I am not a confrontational person, all I want is for my breast to be reconstructed. Dena
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I would agree - a private message should have been sent. The 1st couple messages were ok, but the last one definitely something that should have been kept private.
Dena just to make sure you have the correct doctor, which I think you do, post a picture with a document with his name. Something with surgery info. Because it seems this doctor is trying to clear his name. It would be very unlikely that you got the doctor name wrong.
No it is no likely hood that I have the wrong Dr. Woods. I am very sure of what doctor performed my surgery.
Dear Dena, This is Dr. Joseph Woods. I was alerted to your negative comments and wanted to respond. I have been in practice for 21 years and honestly do not remember your case, your complications, or your photos. My staff and I have no record of your name , your file or your complaints to my office. I have never hung up on a patient who was concerned with surgical results. Have you possibly confused me with another plastic surgeon in Atlanta? In any case, let me invite you to call my office, fully identify yourself, and logically work out a solution to your dissatisfaction, if indeed I was your doctor. Sincerely, Dr Joseph M Woods, 404-292-4223
Yes you are the Dr. Woods that did my breast reduction. I will contact your office on Tuesday morning after class. I got approved a few days before my birthday and when the surgery was over and I expressed my concerns you hung the phone up on me and I have been stuck with the damage for all these years. When a doctor hangs up the phone on you, and you have no money and my insurance had paid you already. What else was I left to do. But hide my breast and cry. I had no money to pay you for the hospital visit for you to correct the damage. You told me that before you hung up the phone on me. The insurance I used said it was your moral and legal duty to correct the damage to my breast. So I called you and you shut me down. Look above at my breast. They are sad and ugly would you want your wife to have breast like mine? Neither do I. I had two children and I had just lost everything we had in a fire except for a bag of clothes. Then I received my damaged breast for my birthday. I just want my breast to look beautiful again. A pretty girl with ugly breast. Yes I will call you, this makes me want to cry.
I am hoping you had the courage to contact his office today to try to get this fixed. I wish you the best of luck.
I'm so sorry to hear what that doctor has done to your breast. I too am very upset with my own results. If you do decide to sue him, I wish you all the luck. I hope you will be able to find the money to fix your breast. I'm so sorry this hapend to you, you deserved better :(
Thank you so much. I am sorry for your misplacement on your breast. Some doctors don't know how to cut properly and should not be allowed to operate on anyone's body. I truly do hope I am able to get my breast fixed some how. You are right I do deserve better. Dr. Woods needs to step up to the plate and own up to his mistake with the surgery of my breast and fix them so they look a beautiful as the lady on his website. I wish you the best also!
Dena they look fixable, it's just you probably have to wait 6 monthes to 1 year after your original surgery date. You should get your medical records from your last PS. He has to give them to you or he will be comiting a federal crime. You can have his office email you a medical release form and you print it and fill it out, then you can email a signed copy to him, fax your copy to him, or mail it. If you fax it you will recieve legal confirmation that he got it. Or you could send it by certified mail requirering a signature to prove he got it. You will need your records so that the next PS knows what the first PS did, so they don't harm your breast any further. Medical malpractice is a long and difficult process, I know cause I've been looking into it on the internet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but if I'm going to file suit I have to do it before the statue of limitations runs out. That's two years in Colorado. You can find out the statue of limitations for medical malpractice for your state by googling it. Your Dr. Sounds just nasty, good luck getting your records. I think he has to give them to you within 30days of you asking for them, or you can press charges. You may want to google that too. You'll have your Desiered breast someday, it's just going to take time, just like mine. Thank you for the best wishes :)
Thank you so very much for the encouraging words. I just responded to a message above from Dr.Woods and all I can do is cry. Only those of use who have had breast reduction surgery and it turned out horrible can feel my pain. I had my first mammogram at 28 because I had so much scar tissue in my breast from my surgery that the doctors thought I had breast cancer. I did not feel the pain of the machine squishing my breast, because they were still numb from the surgery. Just too sad.:( I hope you get your correction so you can be happy with your breast also. Your more than welcome.