Lipo to Abdomen, Hips, Flanks, Inner & Outer Thighs

I am 9 weeks Post op from Lipo to the abdomen,...

I am 9 weeks Post op from Lipo to the abdomen, hips, flanks, inner and outer thighs. The lipo was phase 1 of my upcoming tummy tuck. My Doctor did not want to do lipo and tummy tuck at the same time because he feels it is to much trauma to the body. We also felt I would get better results doing the lipo first.

I am VERY happy we decided to do the surgeries seperate. The surgery went well, I was not really in pain when i woke up, but boy was I sick - the anestesia kicked my but. The first day was hell due to the sickness, I was throwing up until about 2am, and I was taking nausia meds every 4 hours, they even gave me a suppository for nausia in the recovery room and that did not help. So, the next day i felt a lot better, I was able to get up and around the house. I did not take the pain med's prescribed, I took extra strength Tylenol only. I expected the pain to be a lot worse than it was. I had a lot of bruising and swelling but my compression garment helped keep the swelling down.

The first time I took a shower I did get faint - which I was unaware that was going to happen, It was scary but I got through the shower without passing out and then got back in bed for the day - it took a lot out of me. And putting the garment on was hard the first few times. I wore the garment for 7 weeks faithfully, the only time i took it off was to shower. I had 2 of them so I would switch every day and wash the other.

I am very happy with my results so far, I do still have some swelling in the hip area. My Tummy tuck is scheduled for 6/2/10 and I will be 10 weeks post op from the lipo at that point. Only 1 week to go - I am so excited.

I wish I knew about this website sooner, I would have been able to write a more detailed review. I will post before and after photos as soon as my dr emails me the before's. I did not take any pictures during the healing process - since i did not know about this website, i will with the tummy tuck, I have found this website very helpful.

Dr Fox

Thank you for your response. How far apart did you have the procedures?
Dr Fox felt that doing both procedures at the same time was too much trauma on the body (I'm in good health & not overweight). He felt I'd have better results getting the lipo and healing and then doing the TT. Also, my initial consultation we planned on doing an extended incision for the TT and after having the lipo I did not end up needing the extended incision which I was very happy about.
thats is inexpenisve at all i live in NY for all that you did they want $8,000 if not more i will definitely look up Dr.Fox
You noted that your ps wanted to do the tt and lipo separately. I am wondering why. I am having an extended tt w/ lipo to abs, flanks and thighs early Sept. My ps is confident that since I am healthy and fit (work-out regularly, in good shape, except the gut), that I will do very well having both procedures at the same time. Just wondering if there is particular reason. I hope you are doing well.
i need to do liposuction on my abdomen, flank, arm, back and maybe thigh. please, provide me with your doctor's contact info. thanks in advance
The Fox Center 300A Faunce Forner Rd, N. Dartmouth MA 508-995-2226 Sorry for the Delay, it does not email me when there is a comment (i thought it would). Must be my settings.
where is dr. fox office? do you have any before and after pictures?
The Fox Center 300A Faunce Forner Rd, N. Dartmouth MA 508-995-2226
I will post pictures soon!