Perfect Improvement! - Darien, CT

I was unhappy with some signs of aging and pinned...

I was unhappy with some signs of aging and pinned down a root cause of what was aging all of the other young looking features on my face. So I narrowed it down to the nasolabial folds, which I read start to emerge in the mid-20's. I went into have a consultation and immediately got a sense of trust. Dr. knew excellent techniques to keep the area from bruising, icing area well before doing the procedure. All in all I'm very pleased with the outcome, though subtle, makes a HUGE difference! Lately I've been carded more often when out and people think I'm 20/21 years old or a little younger which is proof that such a little thing makes a huge difference. I may be crazy, but I'm obsessed with the fear of getting old so I'm doing all I can to prevent as much as I can from the effects of aging. Next year I'll return for more before my wedding!

More Pix

Just adding some old pics to compare cheeks, folds structure

5 month update

Its now about 5 months after procedure and the effect is only very slightly wearing off. Will post new pic soon!

More Photos - Update Jan 2014

RE-TREATMENT, JULY 2014

I went in for treatment #2 on July 25th as the previous treatment seemed to have wore off completely. I blame it on gaining weight and being pregnant as well as smiling too much! I iced the area thoroughly beforehand as I had last year but this year's treatment caused some embarrassing bruises. The left side is worse than the right. I hope they clear within the week. I iced the area after the treatment for a little bit (but probably could have used a bit more ice!) i then applied Arnicare bruise gel to the bruises. For the concealment I've been layering on Maybellene's Instant Rewind under-eye concealer, as that is what I had here at home. This does a decent job masking the bruises and also is identical to my skin colour! No one has noticed any sort of change including husband! :)

I would still recommend the treatment as it takes off years!! Whether you want to rewind the 20s, 30s or 40s you will certainly be good just removing the folds!

I recommend the practice, the doctor and the treatment! The practice was very generous, the doctor very quick and very knowledgable and the treatment is well worth the cost! Very happy!
Stamford Plastic Surgeon

Was very calming, knowledge and friendly. Expert in knowing how to prevent bruising! Very encouraging and supporting with my decisions. I had a great experience!

I like your result ! How many syringes did your doctor use on you ?
It took just one syringe for both sides luckily! I may consider doing it again when it wears off :)

Its great that you took the time to analyze what it was specifically that you felt was aging you, then had that addressed. You look great in your photos, so congrats!

I know you mentioned you iced the area, did you use any numbing cream or numbing medication like lidocaine in the filler itself?

He iced the area before procedure, gave me an ice roller which I rolled around for ten minutes to numb the area..didn't use anesthesia at all and it felt same as if it were used (I had anesthesia with prior injection so I know how to compare), after procedure, gave ice roller back which I rolled for the next twenty min. I was told to ice a lot throughout the rest of day. Iced every half hour for 15 min for 5 hours or so after returning home. Also bought anti-bruise gel from CVS, maybe that helped too? Icing was the key though. He told me there was a number inside the injection also epinephrine i think? Thank you for your compliments :) Maybe if I find better photos to compare against I'll post!

Thanks for adding the additional photos!! Do you know if the anti-bruise gel contained arnica?

Also, congrats on your upcoming wedding - that is ExCiTiNg!!!

Sorry for the way-delayed response, yes used Arnicare bruise gel from Boiron...good stuff!