Time for a Change After Being Held Bondage by the Excess Skin for So Long! - Dallas, TX

This journey has been in the making for a long...

This journey has been in the making for a long time. It started with the death of my mom. She died from cardiovascular issues. I decided at that point and time that I needed to make a change health wise. I needed to be here to see my child blossom. That's another story in itself...lol. I lost over 130 lbs by sheer strength and determination. I had to and still have to rely On God for helping me in maintaining this weigh loss and making healthy choices. The weight loss was awesome! I look great in clothes, but as soon as those clothes come off, it just doesn't match up. This has been a constant struggle the excess skin. Every time I look at myself I would get depressed. I'm thankful that God led me to this site.

I think reading other tt journeys put a damper on my on. I was expecting this surgery to be a lot worse, but it actually has been smooth sailing. I would say trust your heart and go with your instincts. Please do your research on the doctor that you're choosing. I would also SHOP, SHOP, SHOP around until you find the surgeon that is best fit for you

I found a surgeon from this site and loved the results he gave this patient. I met him almost a year ago in August. He was very kind, patient, and was a great listener along with being an effective communicator. He was very knowledgeable in performing tummy tucks. I was praying that he could give me the results that I'd had been praying for, for so long. And he was able to achieve that.

I'm sitting here typing this and I have this great visual in my head of my new body. Tears of joy came when I was allowed to see my new body at my first appointment. The skin had been such a hindrance in prohibiting me from seeing who I really was. Who I saw in the mirror was not matching up to who I felt I was....NOT ANYMORE!!! I could only imagine what the future holds with this new mindset along with the body to match.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I saw another real self member use him as their ps. I was impressed with her results. Of course, I was off to visit his website and was impressed by the transformations that he was able to give them. After several appointments with detailed conversations about the procedure and my expectations, I knew he was the PS for me!

Congrats on the weight loss and deciding to free yourself from all the excess skin. I bet you will look fabulous!

Welcome to RealSelf.  I am very happy for you and your results!   You have taken your life back and are a new woman now.  You should be very proud about now.

Thank you for all of the tips and advice on planning and recovery.  I agree that doctor shopping is the most important step.  Enjoy your new body and keep us all up to date.