Getting Ready for my BA and TT!! - Dallas, TX

I am 30 years old, I have 4 beautiful children...

I am 30 years old, I have 4 beautiful children ages 7-1 1/2 and I am getting ready to have a BA and either mini tuck or full TT, I'm not sure yet what I need. I am 5'3", 117 lbs, and trying to get back to my normal weight of 110 before I have the procedure so I can know exactly what amount of extra skin to get rid of. My main priority with a TT is the muscle tightening, and if I could find a Dr that just did the endo TT for muscle repair, I would go to them! I have consults scheduled with 2 Dr's here in Dallas next month, waiting on my mammogram first cause breast cancer is very prevalent in my family and I want to make sure I am all clear to do the augmentation. I am also scheduling to speak to my Mom's Oncologist to seek his opinion about my risk/benefit of going ahead, and see if he would recommend I do the full tissue removal or just a regular BA. I would prefer to do a normal BA, but I need to factor his opinion into the equation, I think it's the right thing to do. I want to have my surgery right after Thanksgiving, I think it would be the easiest time for my husband work wise to be able to help with the kids, as well as recover without letting all my friends know, I don't plan on telling a single one of them! I am getting nervous, I hate needles and usually try to live pretty holistic with treatments and organic diet and lifestyle and didn't even have an epidural for my deliveries. So for me, committing to do this surgery is a big deal but I feel like I deserve it to be happy with my body naked and in swimwear after all I do for everyone else. This year is about taking care of me finally, and I want my pre pregnant body back!

The more I think about the surgery and recovery, and the more I read about how difficult recovery is for most people, the more anxiety I get. I told my husband I think I will need some anxiety medication to honestly go through with it, but I know I will be happy with the outcome. We are planning our first family cruise next year and I want to look my best for the pics, I'm sick of being in limited family vacation photos because I hate my muffin top and chubby belly. Please let me know what you did to deal with the anxiety and what helped you actually make it to the hospital. I'm looking forward to it, but so nervous at the same time, I feel like I might just tell my husband last minute I don't want to do it. He has been so supportive of whatever I want to do, he will be there for me, and doesn't even give me an answer when I ask him what breast size he thinks I should get. His answer is always, "Whatever makes you happy and what you want to be is the size I want you to be, this is for you, not for me." I told him I appreciate that, but I already determined this is for me, and I would like his input. But he doesn't want me to feel like I need to do what his "ideal" would be or feel like he was trying to be controlling. I respect his position, so I will ask all of your after my consult what size you would recommend!!

Today I had my yearly exam and my very first...

Today I had my yearly exam and my very first mammogram as well. I should have the response about my images by Tuesday, and I will know if I need to follow up with another mammogram or anything from there. That plays a pretty big factor in my breast augmentation decision, so I'm waiting to see. My OB/GYN said I should be tested for the BRCA gene, but only after I have a life insurance policy because a positive result prior to getting a policy, will affect the premium. He checked my tummy for muscle separation as well and said it's best at my belly button with about 3 cm space, and worse at my torso and just above my pubic bone. He said in his opinion I would benefit from getting the TT, but doesn't think I REALLY need it. So we will see what both PS say next month. I really want to lose those two extra inches in my waist, so if that's what it takes, I'll do it. I am adding some before pics, which is kinda scary to do so I apologize in advance. Let me know what you think based on your own TT/BA experience. I am looking to increase 2 inches in my total chest measurement, and lose 2 inches in both my tummy and hips. Most of it is fat, and I'm trying to work on it. Kinda sorta. Depends on the day. ;-)

Today I had my yearly exam and my very first...

Tried to add to post, but somehow I added the...

Tried to add to post, but somehow I added the review twice without pics.

Met with the Oncologist Today

I met with my Mom's Oncologist today and I'm going to try to get through this quickly because I am very emotional at the moment. He was very sweet and full of helpful information. He told me that based on my high family history of cancer, particularly breast cancer, I need to do the genetic testing and then determine at that point what steps to take considering mastectomy or not, and also to consider having my ovaries removed as well. That scares me to death, I don't want to be on HRT the rest of my life, but I need to at least know my risks. I met with his nurse who will go over my history with me (she gave me 9 pgs of paperwork I have to do) when I come back in next week for "Genetic Counseling" and draw the blood work. It will take 2 weeks to get the results back, and the Dr. recommended I put off the idea of surgery until we discuss my results. I already have my consultations scheduled, and I think there's no harm in meeting with the different PS's and discussing the procedure and costs involved for both options for a regular BA or one with a full tissue removal, as well as narrow down which surgeon I want to use and then follow up with him about my choice when I have the results back. I'm not planning to have the surgery for several months anyway, so I think I'm ok.
We are looking into getting a life insurance policy on me too, I currently do not have one and since as of the moment I am a perfectly healthy 30 year old, it should be easy and cheap.
I honestly had a hard time going into the office today, and the minute I walked in I had a flood of memories of being there with my Mom for some of her treatments and I started shaking and was fighting back tears. I didn't expect that to happen at all. My mom battled cancer for 9 yrs, then lost her fight May of 2010. A week and a half from now marks the 3 yr date of her passing, and this whole month is just challenging. I probably didn't need the added emotions of going into the cancer treatment center this month too, but I am glad I went and feel like I am at least making progress.

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Here are some pics of me in the past. In my ideal shape, and why I'm no longer my ideal shape. LOL.

2 consults so far

I met with two PS's this week, one more next week then I will decide if I want to see more Dr's, or pick one from the three I have seen. My first two were at the same group practice (which I didn't know when I scheduled the consultations) and it was a little awkward seeing the other receptionist the following day. Night and day experiences with the two, but both are very good options. My biggest shock was that going into this, I was thinking to get about 350 cc's for my implant size, and thinking anything bigger will make me too top heavy and obvious I had implants. Both PS's said I need at least 400, and preferably 450 cc's to avoid having a lift!! I was shell shocked when I heard the first one say that big of a size, but I guess I shouldn't be because when I was nursing I was a 32GG, and my skin stretched a lot so now I have skin that needs to be filled back up. As far as for the BA, the first PS was concerned that with my family history of breast cancer, if I were to develop breast cancer in the future, I would not have the option of reconstructing the breast with abdominal skin because of the TT and wanted me to be aware that even though he didn't think it would be recommend to take skin from my tummy since I am so skinny, that it wouldn't even be a possibility. The 2nd told me he wouldn't recommend I get a lift ever with my family history and that I still have a greater likelihood of developing cancer after 50 than most, and having that vertical scar would be very challenging to work with at that point of breast reconstruction. I'm grateful both were very concerned and compassionate about my particular situation, and factored that into their decision for my recommendations.

PS #1 said he recommends the Sientra high profile 465 cc silicone gel implants for me. He said that particular gel is best for women after nursing to get that upper pole filled back in. He also said that since I want my implant under the muscle, you always add 50 cc's because the muscle constricts the implant a little and flattens it. I was comfortable with the 397 I tried on, so 450 would make sense I guess. I was just in total shock with the size I would require to avoid a lift and any sagging.

PS #2 recommended I go with the Allergan ultra high profile silicone gel 400 cc's implant. He said I needed anywhere from 400-450 and that I would still have a little droopiness with the 400, but I would look more natural. It was really about whatever I wanted to do, and he was happy to put that one in.

Both PS's were open with me that I will be top heavy and not look natural or proportionate because once I have the TT, I will be really skinny (they used that work a LOT to describe me in my consultations and it actually made me uncomfortable because I don't see myself as that skinny) I asked if I could get back to 24 inches like I was before children and both felt confident I will be there, and PS #2 said possibly even smaller. They both informed me that all the bunching and bulging on my tummy is skin, not fat. I was shocked to hear that too, I really thought it was fat. They both said they would only take about 100 cc's out of each hip, but that I didn't need it anywhere else really. PS #1 would do Vasser, PS #2 traditional lipo. PS #1 would take a little less skin (from just below my BB down) and I would have a scar from inner hip to inner hip with a small vertical scar in the middle about an inch or so up. PS #2 would take a little more skin (from an inch above my BB down) and have a longer scar running from outer hip to outer hip with no vertical scar. That's why he thinks I will be around 23 inches afterwards, cause he wants to pull me tighter which I'm honestly a little scared about. PS #1 said for the BA, TT, and lipo would be 5.5-6 hrs. PS #2 said BA, TT, and lipo would be 3 hrs!! Either he is faster with stitching, or the other one takes a bit more time to be precise.

So please give me your input. Based on my photos, do you think 465 cc's is too much, or am I just being silly? Do you think I should go with the more aggressive TT, or slightly less aggressive with a vertical scar? Then I need to see one more and insert his most likely very different opinion into this too!!

Trying to schedule my date!

I am trying to see if I can move my date up to Sept, but I'm not sure with my husby's job if that will work. I've just been mulling over this for so long now, and I'm ready to move forward and be done already!! I have decided on my PS and now I just have to see if it will work to move my date up, and then schedule it!!! Can't wait. I will trust him with the 465 cc HP Sientra implants, and do the slightly less aggressive TT (we are talking one inch higher of skin the other PS wanted to do but with a much bigger scar) and the smaller scar with the small vertical (which will be from where my BB was). My reason for this is that I am not that concerned with the vertical which I initially thought I would be, and if I have to chose between a scar that I know will be concealed versus one that might not be on the sides, I will take the first option! The PS I chose said he could place the scar just about my pubic line, so a 1/2 inch vertical from that low isn't going to show.
I just need to schedule it already, I'm going nuts! I've been wearing the rice testers (thanks a ton my3sons2005!!) and my kids never mentioned anything to me about it for over a week, so I don't think they will even notice the difference in size!! I'm freaking out about it more than I need to, it's just hard to visualize how it will look after the fact, even when wearing the testers. My husby said wearing them I look just like I did before having kids, so I just need to relax. Trying really hard, I promise! I hope everyone is having a great summer and getting the most of it before the school year starts in a month or so! XOXO

I Need Some Advice

I am in the process of scheduling my surgery, the PS has the date open that I want, and I'm excited to move forward. However, my husby will be taking a work trip with extended travel (like a couple months) either two or three weeks after the surgery date. I need advice from those who have done this already, were you able to take care of the kids and household responsibilities at that point post op and feel I will be fine to move forward? I really am afraid that if I don't do it now, I will not be able to do it for at least another year or that life will continually get in the way and it will never happen. But I also don't want to risk my recovery. Will I be able to get the kids up and off to school, and drive them all over to after school circulars and do meals and bedtime? Will it harm my recovery, or maybe just make it a little harder? Or have you been fine to handle all that at that point? Please, ANY advice you gals can give me will help a lot. Thanks!