Mommy Makeover (TT, BA, Upper Blepharoplasty) - Dallas, TX

Hi, I'm a mom of almost 4 year old twins and I...

Hi, I'm a mom of almost 4 year old twins and I live in the Dallas, TX area. I'm 5'0" and my weight usually ranges b/t 112-116 lbs. The pregnancy really took a toll on my tummy and my breasts. I used to be a B cup and now I don't even fit an A cup! I'm fairly lean, but I have a lot of loose skin and fat on my abdomen that has been driving me crazy since the kids were born. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now and finally decided to go for it! I'm also having upper eyelid surgery while I'm at it to correct my tired looking eyes. I consulted with 4 different PS and have chosen Dr Ricardo Meade. I absolutely loved his bedside manner and he is a very skilled surgeon. I almost canceled my appt with him b/c it was taking so long to get in to see him, but glad that I waited. I'm 6 weeks away from my surgery date and mostly excited, but nervous as well. So glad I found this site!!

For my implants, I'm doing silicone under the muscle and I *think* I'm going with either 350 or 375 cc. I want a large C cup, but still want to look as natural as possible. I have big hips and a wide rib cage, so want to go a bit bigger to look proportionate. I have a follow-up consult with my Dr on Feb 27 to choose implant size.

I'm getting a full TT and he does the progressive tension sutures, but he uses a drain which he said would stay in a few days. I'm super nervous about the TT recovery, so trying to plan (I'm a huge planner!) and do as much research as possible.

Surgery next week!! Eek!

I met with my PS last week to select my implant and go over any last minute questions I had. I'm going with the Sientra, round, smooth, high profile, 415 cc. I'm very happy with my decision. Here are pics with sizers in. I think it's a good size for my frame and not too big or too small, but perfect!

4 weeks post-op

Feeling great!! All of the swelling is gone and things are starting to look really good!! I think my implants have started to drop. They definitely aren't as high on my chest anymore. The tightening in my chest and the random sharp pains seem to have gone away for the most part. The thing I'm most amazed about is my tummy. The recovery for that has been a breeze. I barely had any pain post-surgery; nothing beyond what I experienced with my c-section. I'm still wearing my compression garment and have gone without it a couple of times here and there for short periods of time and I'm starting to feel better and better so hopefully I can take it off soon. I have my 4-week follow up appt with my PS on Monday and I'm excited to see what he thinks. My eyes are looking wonderful as well. I didn't have much swelling or bruising at all and the scars are fading nicely. The change is subtle, but so noticeable for me and I don't have that tired look anymore. I'm including some pics that I took at 3 1/2 weeks.

Eyes

Here is a decent before/after of my eyes. Before I always looked tired and my eyelids were droopy and now you can actually see my lower lid and my face just looks brighter! Very happy with the results.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

You look awesome!! Love it all...He did an amazing job! Would you mind breaking down the cost for each procedure? Mostly interested in costs for tummy tuck and eyes. I know everyone's price will vary depending on their specific needs but a ballpark would he great. I've heard he's one of the more expensive docs in Dallas. With those results though I see why! Congrats on your new YOU!!
Hi!! Actually, Dr Meade was the cheapest of the 4 Dr's I consulted with. That's not why I went with him. I knew he was my PS before I even got the quote from his office manager and was pleasantly surprised. I had 2 Dr's come in at $16,000 and the other one was $18,000 for all three procedures. Dr Meade was $13,665. I got a $1,000 discount for mentioning RealSelf. His office mgr didn't break down the cost per surgery so I can't really say. You get discounts for doing multiple procedures too. It did break down as follows: $8390 Dr fee; $4535 surgical center; $750 anesthesia; $650 one night hotel. And yes, he did an amazing job. Love him!!!
Actually the surgical center fee was less b/c I went with Sientra implants instead of Allergan. So it was $3875 instead of $4535 as I said above.
How are you doing with everything? Hope all is well.
Doing awesome!! Sorry I haven't updated but have been busy. Just posted an update with pics. Thanks for checking on me! :)
I am sure you are going to have amazing results! I'm a planner too, so know exactly what u mean ;) Good luck
I'm so glad you found us, too! Here's a list of supplies that might come in handy for recovery (and will add to your lists ;) ). Just keep your eyes on prize and imagine yourself in whatever swim suit you want to wear this summer!
Thanks for your post and pics. Keep us posted!
Keep us posted. Good luck!
Good luck! Looking forward to updates