Picosure and Medlite on 3/4 Sleeve - Dallas, TX

I have decided to post my story after many nights...

I have decided to post my story after many nights reading posts on here. I am an attorney and about to attend medical school (I know!). I have a large and colorful 3/4 sleeve and another smaller tattoo on my chest.

I have been getting lasered by a medlite C6 for about a year and just switched to a Picosure. I have done all treatments with no numbing cream. I have found that just as much as the laser is a big deal the person behind the laser is just as important. I have had good results with the medlite because the lady doing the lasering was awesome. However, due to the colors and significant collateral damage with the medlite I have been getting Picosure treatments. The amount of pain, skin damage, and down time time is WAY better and I will never go back! Within 2-days there is no swelling and it has never bled with the Picosure. It is just a way superior product. The only problem I have found is that the Docs with the Picosure have been hesitant to turn the laser up and really blast the ink or the person running the laser has no damn clue what they are doing. It is more expensive because the laser itself costs over a million dollars! I have been to several Doctors with the Picosure because I needed someone that knows what they are doing. I have found out that as much research as I have done that I actually know more than the person running the laser most of the time. The place I go to now is great and I have the Doctor doing the lasering. I have pushed hard enough and the Doctor is now getting after it on the higher settings because I need this thing gone.

As of October I have been going every 3-4 weeks for over 2 years. I can now tolerate a lot more coverage each session due to the fading. At first, when it is darker it hurts way worse and you can't cover as much. It now takes me around 4-5 sessions to cover the whole arm once.

The tattoo on my chest is basically gone but there is scarring and redness because it was done with the Medlite C6. I am going to a plastic surgeon this week to see about my options for the scar such as chemical peel or dermabrasion.

You just have to be patient. I recommend no smoking. I try to eat healthy and work out. I don't put anything on the tattoo afterwards. I just shower and keep it clean and it heals incredibly fast. Unfortunately, I still have at least 2-3 years of lasering but it is fading. i pay around $500 for each treatment and basically get lasered as much as I can tolerate. I will have approximately $15,000 in it by the time I finish. You just have to have money, time, and a lot of patience:)

Recent photos

Plastic Surgeon

Met with a plastic surgeon today for slight scarring on my chest. He said it would take around 1-year for healing and that I should apply Mederma and Silicone gel daily for a year on both my chest and arm. He also stated that it is good for people to take at least 6-months off every now and then to allow the skin to heal and allow for better ink clearance without so much skin damage.

Skintastic Review

I enjoy where I get lasered so much that I wanted to give him a shout out. I have been getting picosure treatments done at Skintastic in Dallas and I just wanted to say that Dr. Adelglass is great. I have been to a few different places and they have been without a doubt one of the best. It has been a good experience and I would recommend that any one considering treatments go there.

Recent pics

Here is a few more pics that i took outside. I just had a laser session and will post more in a few weeks after I get some more healing and fading. The only thing I wish was there was a place in TX that had both a Picosure and Medlite. The one thing I have learned from taking off such a large tattoo is that it is all mental. Somedays are just frustrating...

Recent pics

Sorry for the delay. i have been moving and other things going on so I have missed being on here in awhile. Here is the most recent pics. Somedays I feel better than others as this stuff drags out. You can see the scarring on my chest. The redness is getting way better and hopefully in a few more months and once I get some color back it will continue to disappear.

Recent pics

Here is a few more pics. Today is one of those frustrating days. I wish this thing would go away. Trying to stay positive but when you have had to go through as much lasering as I have and then know you have a long road still ahead it makes it tough. You can tell depending on the light how much chest tat may or may not show up.

update

Hello, I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know I will have a few more pics up soon. I haven't been lasered in awhile since life gets in the way sometimes. Just means I have to keep being patient but at least I know it keeps fading for up to a year after a laser treatment so it's not bad to take breaks and let the skin heal. I will make an effort to be on here at least once a week. I know i have been slacking so my apologies.

one year without laser

Hello everyone. My apologies because I have not kept up with my profile lately as life has gotten really busy. It has been around a year without any lasering and the both tattoos have continued to fade really well. I am about to start another heavy duty round all of fall and winter. I realize now that it is actually good to allow the skin to heal and the ink to get maximum fading without cooking your skin. I am hoping another heavy round and maybe another year off and then one more touch up round and I should be done.

One more thing

I wanted to add that I plan on seeing this all the way through and posting it on here. I have yet to see a large, colorful tattoo that has been completely removed and I plan on being that guy.

Your progress is great! Have you had any recent treatments?
Disregard! Lol I missed your most recent review, I was reading out of order :) it's looking great! And that's fantastic that you're going to see it through and share with all of us. Thank you!
I love your motivation to see this through to the end, your results are amazing! I can't remember if I asked you this, but do you have any scarring?
Yes, a little. My chest is scarred but it is breaking down really well and I was told by a plastic surgeon that there will be ways to reduce it further but it is not bad. You can tell when I get out of the shower because it is red. I have a little on my upper arm but not bad either. It is all from the medlite C6. That thing really damages the skin compared to the Pico. To me there is no comparison. Even if the Pico removed at the same rate as other lasers I would still recommend the Pico on skin damage alone.
Good for you! I plan on being that gal as well lol :)
Very impressive results! your review give me hope as I got a lot colour to remove as well. I just start with the picosure. Are you able to let your skin at the sun now?
Yeah I go in the sun I just make sure to put sun block on before going.
Wow. Amazing results. I just wanted to thank you for sharing all of this and for your intention to see it through. As you've said, it's very hard to find success stories of large, colourful tattoo removals online. You are so far along that journey though and it gives everybody hope. Thank you!
Hey mate. Your review is such an inspiring one and just proves that even the largest and most colourful tattoos can be removed. I'm in a really similar situation with what you posted on the 25th of October last year. Unfortunately I was wrongly treated with the 532nm for a black tattoo in November and I blistered severely. I do have small amounts of scarring which aren't much of a concern as I can deal with that later, but ever since that treatment my skin has basically been burnt and has been discoloured. It began as a bright pink but is now more of a brownish-purple colour. 15 treatments later I've decided to take a 30-week break as I know it is time and patience that will heal this. What's frustrating is that this discolouration makes my tattoo look so dark yet I know that the ink is a light grey underneath. After my break I'm going back to the RevLite (tried Picosure last time) and I'm going to try the R20 method, but I'm not going anywhere near a laser until the skin has completely healed and the discolouration is gone. I have previously tried silicone and mederma but I think those products are more aimed at scarring than for what I think is a slow healing burn wound. I've recently come across a product which I had to order from the US (I'm in the UK), called 'TriDerma Intense Fast Healing Cream'. The reviews on this all seem positive and many of them claim that their wounds healed after months of trying other products, so I hope this will be the case for me. Have you heard of this cream yourself? I also wondered if you've been using anything else to try and eliminate your scarring and redness? I'm pretty much stuck until it's gone!
I use silicone gel and medaderm combined. It was recommended to me by a plastic surgeon.
Also, how is the cream working for you?
I've not used it for a while. My chronic redness just seems to improve by itself after a treatment, it's less noticeable where there is less ink as well. It will be interesting to see how effective the cream is when healing right after a treatment! Hope you're doing well.
Hi, great page and results, do you have the details of the place you had most of your treatments done in Dallas? Cheers,
Yeah I go to Skintastic in Uptown. Dr. A is good. There are actually quite a few places in Dallas now with the Pico.
Hi there I have a big color Tatoo on my shoulder and arm... just want to check if you have had any more treatments and how is coming up....
I haven't been lasered in about 6 months. I took a break but I need to post pics which I will try and do this week because it has continued to fade. I am about to make an appointment and start going again strong for another year or so. Hopefully by next summer I will have it almost all gone.
Thanks for sharing your experience... I gives me hope that it can be done...
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I have a large leg tattoo and just began researching my options for removal. I was becoming very discouraged w/ the cost and method...but your story made me feel immensely better, and w/ perfect timing! Your patience proves that it is worth it...thanks again and good luck!!
It's really great that the community is so open to sharing and connected, every story helps others get through this. Here is a link to a document you may find helpful:

LASER TATTOO REMOVAL: 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE GETTING YOUR TATTOO REMOVED
And we also have a great video section - check it out :)
Thanks and good luck. It takes time, years in my case, but I can tell my tattoo will come completely off. I get depressed and aggravated too but the more it fades the better and more confident I feel. I have been working out hard, not drinking alcohol, and eating right while I take a laser break and it has helped immensely.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I have a large tattoo on my leg & I am just beginning to research to have removed. I was becoming discouraged w/ cost and finding the best method. However, I am determined...and your story and progress made me feel immensely better!!! Your patience shows me it's worth it! Thanks again and best of luck!
hey man, congrats on your progress.. i just wanted to know if the Medlite was effective on your colours at all? particularly the green.. i don't have the Picosure where i am ):
The medlite didn't do much on the green. The pico sure knocked out the green fairly quickly. I did notice the red almost completely gone in two treatments with the medlite. I don't care for the medlite because I have scarring and it is almost all from the medlite. That thing is like a blowtorch!
Hey there, just checking in for an update, have you had anymore treatments?
Sorry for the delay. I am going to post pics this week and start lasering again in a month or so. I took a long break. I moved and had some other things going on so I figured a break would be nice however it has continued to fade so I need to post pics and an update.