Picosure and Medlite on 3/4 Sleeve - Dallas, TX

I have decided to post my story after many nights...

I have decided to post my story after many nights reading posts on here. I am an attorney and about to attend medical school (I know!). I have a large and colorful 3/4 sleeve and another smaller tattoo on my chest.

I have been getting lasered by a medlite C6 for about a year and just switched to a Picosure. I have done all treatments with no numbing cream. I have found that just as much as the laser is a big deal the person behind the laser is just as important. I have had good results with the medlite because the lady doing the lasering was awesome. However, due to the colors and significant collateral damage with the medlite I have been getting Picosure treatments. The amount of pain, skin damage, and down time time is WAY better and I will never go back! Within 2-days there is no swelling and it has never bled with the Picosure. It is just a way superior product. The only problem I have found is that the Docs with the Picosure have been hesitant to turn the laser up and really blast the ink or the person running the laser has no damn clue what they are doing. It is more expensive because the laser itself costs over a million dollars! I have been to several Doctors with the Picosure because I needed someone that knows what they are doing. I have found out that as much research as I have done that I actually know more than the person running the laser most of the time. The place I go to now is great and I have the Doctor doing the lasering. I have pushed hard enough and the Doctor is now getting after it on the higher settings because I need this thing gone.

As of October I have been going every 3-4 weeks for over 2 years. I can now tolerate a lot more coverage each session due to the fading. At first, when it is darker it hurts way worse and you can't cover as much. It now takes me around 4-5 sessions to cover the whole arm once.

The tattoo on my chest is basically gone but there is scarring and redness because it was done with the Medlite C6. I am going to a plastic surgeon this week to see about my options for the scar such as chemical peel or dermabrasion.

You just have to be patient. I recommend no smoking. I try to eat healthy and work out. I don't put anything on the tattoo afterwards. I just shower and keep it clean and it heals incredibly fast. Unfortunately, I still have at least 2-3 years of lasering but it is fading. i pay around $500 for each treatment and basically get lasered as much as I can tolerate. I will have approximately $15,000 in it by the time I finish. You just have to have money, time, and a lot of patience:)

Recent photos

Plastic Surgeon

Met with a plastic surgeon today for slight scarring on my chest. He said it would take around 1-year for healing and that I should apply Mederma and Silicone gel daily for a year on both my chest and arm. He also stated that it is good for people to take at least 6-months off every now and then to allow the skin to heal and allow for better ink clearance without so much skin damage.

Skintastic Review

I enjoy where I get lasered so much that I wanted to give him a shout out. I have been getting picosure treatments done at Skintastic in Dallas and I just wanted to say that Dr. Adelglass is great. I have been to a few different places and they have been without a doubt one of the best. It has been a good experience and I would recommend that any one considering treatments go there.

Recent pics

Here is a few more pics that i took outside. I just had a laser session and will post more in a few weeks after I get some more healing and fading. The only thing I wish was there was a place in TX that had both a Picosure and Medlite. The one thing I have learned from taking off such a large tattoo is that it is all mental. Somedays are just frustrating...

Recent pics

Sorry for the delay. i have been moving and other things going on so I have missed being on here in awhile. Here is the most recent pics. Somedays I feel better than others as this stuff drags out. You can see the scarring on my chest. The redness is getting way better and hopefully in a few more months and once I get some color back it will continue to disappear.

Recent pics

Here is a few more pics. Today is one of those frustrating days. I wish this thing would go away. Trying to stay positive but when you have had to go through as much lasering as I have and then know you have a long road still ahead it makes it tough. You can tell depending on the light how much chest tat may or may not show up.

update

Hello, I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know I will have a few more pics up soon. I haven't been lasered in awhile since life gets in the way sometimes. Just means I have to keep being patient but at least I know it keeps fading for up to a year after a laser treatment so it's not bad to take breaks and let the skin heal. I will make an effort to be on here at least once a week. I know i have been slacking so my apologies.

Hi, great page and results, do you have the details of the place you had most of your treatments done in Dallas? Cheers,
Hi there I have a big color Tatoo on my shoulder and arm... just want to check if you have had any more treatments and how is coming up....
I haven't been lasered in about 6 months. I took a break but I need to post pics which I will try and do this week because it has continued to fade. I am about to make an appointment and start going again strong for another year or so. Hopefully by next summer I will have it almost all gone.
Thanks for sharing your experience... I gives me hope that it can be done...
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I have a large leg tattoo and just began researching my options for removal. I was becoming very discouraged w/ the cost and method...but your story made me feel immensely better, and w/ perfect timing! Your patience proves that it is worth it...thanks again and good luck!!
It's really great that the community is so open to sharing and connected, every story helps others get through this. Here is a link to a document you may find helpful:

LASER TATTOO REMOVAL: 10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE GETTING YOUR TATTOO REMOVED
And we also have a great video section - check it out :)
Thanks and good luck. It takes time, years in my case, but I can tell my tattoo will come completely off. I get depressed and aggravated too but the more it fades the better and more confident I feel. I have been working out hard, not drinking alcohol, and eating right while I take a laser break and it has helped immensely.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I have a large tattoo on my leg & I am just beginning to research to have removed. I was becoming discouraged w/ cost and finding the best method. However, I am determined...and your story and progress made me feel immensely better!!! Your patience shows me it's worth it! Thanks again and best of luck!
hey man, congrats on your progress.. i just wanted to know if the Medlite was effective on your colours at all? particularly the green.. i don't have the Picosure where i am ):
The medlite didn't do much on the green. The pico sure knocked out the green fairly quickly. I did notice the red almost completely gone in two treatments with the medlite. I don't care for the medlite because I have scarring and it is almost all from the medlite. That thing is like a blowtorch!
Hey there, just checking in for an update, have you had anymore treatments?
Sorry for the delay. I am going to post pics this week and start lasering again in a month or so. I took a long break. I moved and had some other things going on so I figured a break would be nice however it has continued to fade so I need to post pics and an update.
Wow that's amazing, this has really given me confidence, thanks for posting
Thanks. It's a process. Best advice I can give is don't give up. Staying mentally strong is the hardest part and It's easy to quit or get it covered up but if you give it enough time the tattoo will come off.
Thank you for sharing! You have given me hope since we have similar colors, size, and locations of our unwanted tattoos. I just had a picosure treatment (1st) one last week and the results are just amazing! Your photos show much improvement and the tattoos are nearly gone! :-)
Thanks. I need to start up again as I have been on a long-term break. I am pretty positive I can have the whole thing removed in about a two year period.
You mentioned that you don't put anything on your tattoo. Do you mean after a treatment? While it's healing? I started a week ago with two removals ( ankle and instep) and it's still excruciating with itching and some pain. Sleep has been hard to come by. It makes sense that if it's kept clean it might heal faster that way but I really don't know.
Yeah. They put burn treatment gel on it when I leave but other than I don't do anything to it besides workout and keep it clean. The itching will drive you crazy:) I seem to heal better that way with nothing on it. I think some people get excessive on cleaning it and constantly putting creams on it that it actually hinders healing
Hi! I remembered your post about wishing there was a place in Texas that had Pico and Medlite for the red...well I'm from Houston and have been keeping any eye out for places with Pico there and I found a place that has both lasers so they can treat all colors. Not sure if that's too much of a drive for you if you live in Dallas, but just thought I'd let you know. They've only had it for a month and didn't do tattoo removal before this, but they seem to have good reviews for all of their other laser services. It's called DermatouchRN in case you're interested in checking them out.
Thanks. I will definitely check them out.
Just an observation. You're tattoo removal really inspired me to try and get mine off. Thanks
Thanks. I haven't layered in awhile but I am about to pick back up. It's a long road but well worth it. Especially if you are young and have really healthy skin.
I'm 32 and I consider myself and my skin healthy. I also work out which I think helps a lot. How young are you?
I am 36 about to turn 37. I have recently stepped it up and have been eating really healthy and working out quite a bit. My pics above are at my worst shape. I also don't smoke which is a huge plus. I can almost look at pics on here and tell you who smokes and who doesn't just by their skin and how it reacts
Have you noticed any more fading in the past months?