Picosure and Medlite on 3/4 Sleeve - Dallas, TX

I have decided to post my story after many nights...

I have decided to post my story after many nights reading posts on here. I am an attorney and about to attend medical school (I know!). I have a large and colorful 3/4 sleeve and another smaller tattoo on my chest.

I have been getting lasered by a medlite C6 for about a year and just switched to a Picosure. I have done all treatments with no numbing cream. I have found that just as much as the laser is a big deal the person behind the laser is just as important. I have had good results with the medlite because the lady doing the lasering was awesome. However, due to the colors and significant collateral damage with the medlite I have been getting Picosure treatments. The amount of pain, skin damage, and down time time is WAY better and I will never go back! Within 2-days there is no swelling and it has never bled with the Picosure. It is just a way superior product. The only problem I have found is that the Docs with the Picosure have been hesitant to turn the laser up and really blast the ink or the person running the laser has no damn clue what they are doing. It is more expensive because the laser itself costs over a million dollars! I have been to several Doctors with the Picosure because I needed someone that knows what they are doing. I have found out that as much research as I have done that I actually know more than the person running the laser most of the time. The place I go to now is great and I have the Doctor doing the lasering. I have pushed hard enough and the Doctor is now getting after it on the higher settings because I need this thing gone.

As of October I have been going every 3-4 weeks for over 2 years. I can now tolerate a lot more coverage each session due to the fading. At first, when it is darker it hurts way worse and you can't cover as much. It now takes me around 4-5 sessions to cover the whole arm once.

The tattoo on my chest is basically gone but there is scarring and redness because it was done with the Medlite C6. I am going to a plastic surgeon this week to see about my options for the scar such as chemical peel or dermabrasion.

You just have to be patient. I recommend no smoking. I try to eat healthy and work out. I don't put anything on the tattoo afterwards. I just shower and keep it clean and it heals incredibly fast. Unfortunately, I still have at least 2-3 years of lasering but it is fading. i pay around $500 for each treatment and basically get lasered as much as I can tolerate. I will have approximately $15,000 in it by the time I finish. You just have to have money, time, and a lot of patience:)

Recent photos

Plastic Surgeon

Met with a plastic surgeon today for slight scarring on my chest. He said it would take around 1-year for healing and that I should apply Mederma and Silicone gel daily for a year on both my chest and arm. He also stated that it is good for people to take at least 6-months off every now and then to allow the skin to heal and allow for better ink clearance without so much skin damage.

Skintastic Review

I enjoy where I get lasered so much that I wanted to give him a shout out. I have been getting picosure treatments done at Skintastic in Dallas and I just wanted to say that Dr. Adelglass is great. I have been to a few different places and they have been without a doubt one of the best. It has been a good experience and I would recommend that any one considering treatments go there.

Recent pics

Here is a few more pics that i took outside. I just had a laser session and will post more in a few weeks after I get some more healing and fading. The only thing I wish was there was a place in TX that had both a Picosure and Medlite. The one thing I have learned from taking off such a large tattoo is that it is all mental. Somedays are just frustrating...

Recent pics

Sorry for the delay. i have been moving and other things going on so I have missed being on here in awhile. Here is the most recent pics. Somedays I feel better than others as this stuff drags out. You can see the scarring on my chest. The redness is getting way better and hopefully in a few more months and once I get some color back it will continue to disappear.

Recent pics

Here is a few more pics. Today is one of those frustrating days. I wish this thing would go away. Trying to stay positive but when you have had to go through as much lasering as I have and then know you have a long road still ahead it makes it tough. You can tell depending on the light how much chest tat may or may not show up.

update

Hello, I just wanted to touch base and let everyone know I will have a few more pics up soon. I haven't been lasered in awhile since life gets in the way sometimes. Just means I have to keep being patient but at least I know it keeps fading for up to a year after a laser treatment so it's not bad to take breaks and let the skin heal. I will make an effort to be on here at least once a week. I know i have been slacking so my apologies.

You mentioned that you don't put anything on your tattoo. Do you mean after a treatment? While it's healing? I started a week ago with two removals ( ankle and instep) and it's still excruciating with itching and some pain. Sleep has been hard to come by. It makes sense that if it's kept clean it might heal faster that way but I really don't know.
Yeah. They put burn treatment gel on it when I leave but other than I don't do anything to it besides workout and keep it clean. The itching will drive you crazy:) I seem to heal better that way with nothing on it. I think some people get excessive on cleaning it and constantly putting creams on it that it actually hinders healing
Hi! I remembered your post about wishing there was a place in Texas that had Pico and Medlite for the red...well I'm from Houston and have been keeping any eye out for places with Pico there and I found a place that has both lasers so they can treat all colors. Not sure if that's too much of a drive for you if you live in Dallas, but just thought I'd let you know. They've only had it for a month and didn't do tattoo removal before this, but they seem to have good reviews for all of their other laser services. It's called DermatouchRN in case you're interested in checking them out.
Thanks. I will definitely check them out.
Just an observation. You're tattoo removal really inspired me to try and get mine off. Thanks
Thanks. I haven't layered in awhile but I am about to pick back up. It's a long road but well worth it. Especially if you are young and have really healthy skin.
I'm 32 and I consider myself and my skin healthy. I also work out which I think helps a lot. How young are you?
Really looking foward to hearing fro you, did you get any more treatments done?
not yet. I need to post pics soon. I haven't been layered in awhile but I have continued to see really good fading. I am about to start up again. I had to take a break due to personal issues, basically been so busy I haven't made it in.
Have you heard about the femtosecond laser? Do you think it will come out soon ?looks really promising!
That's kind of you to check in, thank you - life gets sooo busy at times - I can relate. Look forward to your photo update :)
I just booked a consult with Dr. Adelglass for thursday... Hopefully I will have a good outlook to get this thing finished up.
Good luck StephenA!! Let us know how it goes.
Good luck. He is good and very caring about his patients.
Hi, Thanks so much for explaining the detail of your treatments- very helpful! I am currently being treated with the picosure, but will have to use a different laser for red after as well. You mentioned that you now have a doctor willing to use a higher Pico setting. What setting are you on now? Thanks!
I'm not sure the exact setting I will look at the settings again next time I am in there.
Thank you for sharing your story, your results look promising. I just started removing a cover up tattoo on my chest/breast area. I heard tattoos closer to the heart heal better, in your opinion is this true? I am so scared of scarring and skin discoloration but I hate this tattoo so much I'm willing to take the risk. I can't believe One stupid mistake is costing me thousands and years of my life.
Yeah everything I have read says that the chest, back, and upper arms heal the best due to better circulation. The ankles and hands tend to the worst.

Agreed forever student, when I was doing my research I was told that the closer to the heart the better due to increased circulation. Something that many people don't think about is massaging the treated tattoo and heat, as both of those things increase circulation, of course along with intense exercise. I also do acupuncture.

I have two black ink half-sleeves I'm desperate to get rid of. Your results are very encouraging but the price not so much :( Do you know how much you've spent on the Picosure alone?
i have spent around $2,000. When I get done I will have spent around $10k on the Pico alone:(
That's alot of money :( but in the end it's only money ...right :)
Yeah. It sucks to spend that on a mistake but at least it's spread out instead of being spent all at once:)
Do you know exaclty how many treatments you have had?
Dozens over all. Not really sure how many total complete arm passes I have had.