My nose was not very feminine - Very Happy - Dallas, TX

I had a septoplasty around 5 years ago that didnt...

I had a septoplasty around 5 years ago that didnt do very much. At the time, the Doctor asked if I wanted the hump taken out of my nose at the same time. Thankfully my husband said no way because this was something you want a facial plastic surgeon to do.

So -5 years later my nose was not very feminine, droopy, and obstructed breathing on left side. I traveled from Tulsa to Dallas to have my procedure. I stayed in a hotel for a week until my post op which I highly recommend if you have to travel for surgery.

The first 2 days were rough, but that was expected. I was off the pain pills after the 2nd day. After that it was really just uncomfortable and I had to do everything really slow. The cleaning was a bit cumbersome as well.I had 2 very black eyes and very swollen face for about 8 days. The swelling has gone down as expected, but there is still a lot 1.5 months afterwards! Other people cant tell but I can.

I was really nervous about not being able to workout for 2 or 3 weeks, but that really was not bad (if you knew me that would surprise you!)My anesthesiologist must have been amazing because I had no lingering "hangover" from the general. I did not know that was possible because that has been a problem in the past. The doctors skill, vitamin c, correctol (day of and 1 day after), arnica, and bromelian must have helpled. It definitely looks way more painful than it is!I am happy to share more if needed.

Thanks so much for posting your story here. I'm sure it'll help others in the Dallas area (or those willing to travel). We'd love to see your before and after pics if you'd feel comfortable sharing them.

It's amazing: rhinoplasty swelling seems to be such an individual thing. Some people say they don't swell or bruise at all (lucky ducks) and others say they bruise and swell like crazy.

What really matters, though, is the end result and I'm glad you got a good one.

I am now a little over 3 months out and the...

I am now a little over 3 months out and the swelling and shape keeps improving. Last week I was really able to notice for the first time that I can totally breathe out of the left side too. I still have some tip swelling that is not very noticeable. So - I am very pleased with the fact that everything has turned out just as I had hoped with the form and functionality of my nose.

I am 18 months post op and I wanted to check in...

I am 18 months post op and I wanted to check in and say that I am still so happy with my new nose. Dr. Cochran did an amazing job and my results are beautiful, natural, and I can breathe better.

great results ! thank you for sharing photos
What a great results!!! I see most of the work was done in your tip. Did you notice that was the area that took longer for the swell to go down? I had rhino 3 weeks ago and my doc did some tip refinement too, but it just so bigger than it was before. Looking at your pics give me hope:) thank you
seeing your pictures helps me know that there are lots of changes to come as I am only 10 days after surgery.
Your results are just beautiful! Your 11 month picture is perfect :) You must be so happy. Thank you for posting.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

My PS and his clinic were amazing. I felt very comfortable (and yes excited too) after meeting with him. Being 1.5 months out, people say they cant tell I had anything done - like it doesnt look like I had a "nose job" and litrally gush over how good it looks. I was a little high maintenance at times because I couldnt decide whether to go the insurance route or pay cash (I also had a deviated septum repair) and his office was very patient with my indecisiveness. I did not wait forever the morning of surgery to actually go into surgery either. I love that Dr C only does noses too. He is very good.