Rhinoplasty with Dr. Spencer Cochran (I'm So Glad I Did This!)- Dallas, TX

When I was eleven, a boy I liked teased me about...

When I was eleven, a boy I liked teased me about the size of my nose. Until then, I had been unaware that my nose didn't fit my face. This awareness only increased during my angsty teenage years. :P Last year, however, I finally decided that it would be ok if I wanted to do something about it. So, I started doing my research. The goal for my surgery was to reduce the width and size of my nose and to deproject it, creating a gentle slope. I'm two months post-op, and I can say without reservation that I'm so happy I finally did this. I already love my new nose, and I know without a doubt I'm going to love it even more as the swelling continues to go down. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me for more specifics. :)

14 months post op

14 months post op

14 monts post op

15 months post-op

15-19 months

19 months

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

After looking at dozens of plastic surgery websites, I decided I wanted a surgeon who specialized in rhinoplasty. After viewing pictures of Dr. Cochran's work and reading countless glowing reviews, I decided the 6 hour drive for a consultation was worth it. I wasn't disappointed. Dr. Cochran and his staff were warm and accommodating. I've lost track of the number of questions I've asked--I know it must have been annoying--but they were always more than happy to answer and to make me feel comfortable.

Your nose looks great!
Thank you! :)
Hey Ashlee...so glad you are happy with the results. I wanted to ask you a few questions. My nose is similar to your "before" nose, but probably a little wider and little flatter with a slight curve to one side. I was always aware of it, but it never bothered me too much because I've never been the type of person that cared about what people think regarding my appearance. I guess it bothers my mom a little because she alluded to it a little while back and offered to pay for it if I wanted to have Rhinoplasty. Okay, I'm through being a windbag. How was the pain afterwards? What do you mean by "taping" your nose? Did you ask Dr. Cochran due the fact that your nose continues to grow as you age, how the results would be affected? I just started looking up some information today regarding Rhinoplasty and have read some good things about Dr. Cochran and Dr. Gunter so, being that you were an actual patient of theirs, wanted to ask you the questions. Also, any other information regarding the surgery procedures and results you think I should know would be much appreciated. Thanks...Thomas
Hi, Thomas! I'm so sorry, but I didn't get a notification for this comment, so I haven't responded. I'm private messaging you now. :)
You look gorgeous. Happy for you.
Thank you! :)
Is it me or do you look 15 yrs younger than your before pictures!!!!
Lol, I do think it has made me look younger, which was an added perk. :P
Wow! Your look beautiful! Your Dr did a great job!
Thank you! :)
Your new nose really brings the focus to your gorgeous eyes! I love it and it looks totally natural too! You must be thrilled
I am! Thank you!
Your nose is so inspirational! Mine is wide too and it's hard for me to imagine how it could look smaller, fit my face, and look natural. Yours looks completely natural, cute, and yet still the change was subtle. Amazing!
I know exactly what you mean! Before surgery, it was almost impossible to envision what it was going to look like. I've never regretted my decision to have rhinoplasty, and it makes me happy every day. :)
Your nose looks great.
Thanks for the visual update. Do you feel that your nose is still changing after a year? The pictures look awesome but the light is not helping me see the definition. Thanks!
I do feel like it's still changing! I've noticed in the last four months that I've developed more definition on the sides and the tip is a bit smaller. I still tape most nights because I've noticed I have considerable swelling in the morning if I don't.
Oh, wow. Did Dr. C originally taped your nose? He didn't do mine but I was surely thinking about it. You are right about the swelling in the mornings - I was hoping that would go away ! I will see him for my one year follow up at the end of this month and I definitely want to ask him about my tip getting smaller. Thank you for your insight.
Yes, he gave me the tape and told me to do it as long as I saw results. I have really thick skin though, so that's why he wanted me to tape. You could ask him about it and see what he says! :)
I love your results, thanks for sharing!
18 months is about the limit for changes. Maybellineo
Thanks for the update! It is alway great to see how the nose changes even a year after surgery. At what month can you say your nose stopped changing? Did Dr. C tell you that your swelling is gone? My nose still swells with the heat and that drives me crazy.
Honestly, even at 15 months out I'm still seeing changes. Dr. Cochran said it wouldn't be unusual for me to continue seeing change since my skin is so thick. I know what you mean about the heat! Mine swells with alcohol as well; one glass of wine and it's huge. :P
Hi I posted a comment but I don't Know if it went through so sorry if this is a repost. In your first front-facing after picture, your nose looks scooped in on the right side of the picture (your left). But afterwards everything seems even. I have this problem and it is bugging me, and I just wanted to know if this went away on its own with time. Thank you. Your nose looks beautiful by the way.
Hi! Yes, it was a little more in on the left side. In the last few months, as the swelling has gone down, the right side has come in some, too, making it much more symmetrical. Right now--I hope because of the residual swelling--the left side is still indented slightly more than the right, though not nearly so much as before. I hope this helps and that yours fixes itself! Message me if you have any other questions. :)