Would Not Change A Thing - Dallas, TX

Very easy recovery. I felt very good even on the...

Very easy recovery. I felt very good even on the way home. Virtually no pain. I took one pain pill, mostly because I was afraid I "might" have pain. Tylenol was plenty and I didn't need much of that. Very minimal bruising. Some swelling, but that was expected (swelled for 2 weeks after wisdom teeth).

I breathe much better than I ever have. In regard to cosmetics, I could not have sculpted a nose that fit my face more. I am 2 months post-op and I love the result more every day. My nose looks like it belongs on my face, and is exactly what we discussed.

I am now 18 months out from surgery. I am still...

I am now 18 months out from surgery. I am still extremely happy with my decision to have this surgery. My breathing is so much better, and I am much happier when I look in the mirror or see pictures of myself. I feel like a woman when I look in the mirror, and not so "manly." The statements regarding it taking one year before seeing your finished product are absolutely true! I regularly see patients post-op and have no idea why the nose takes so long to "recover" from surgery, but it definitely does. I think it is worth mentioning that this surgery should be done to please only yourself, and no one else. Most people (those who were unaware) either did not notice, or did not comment on any noticed change. My changes were natural looking but noticeable to me, but I think that most people rarely identify the "something" that might be off about someone's face, and so may not be able to recognize what has changed. Ultimately, the mark of a good surgery.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

As a physician, I thought long and hard about the risks of having an "elective" procedure. I have had breathing issues since I was a child, and recently began having dental issues as a result. When I decided to have these fixed, along with some cosmetic fixes, I did my research. I knew that Dr. Gunter was "The Nose Man" in Dallas, but after looking at pictures, I preferred the style/aesthetics that Dr. Cochran achieved. After meeting him, he convinced me that he could accomplish the result I was looking for. The result has been amazing.

Yay for you! I'm glad it was such a good experience all around. We'd love to see your before and after photos! Some people even black out their eyes if they don't want to be recognized. Thanks so much for posting here on RealSelf. We truly appreciate it!

Congratulations!! You do seem very happy wich is wonderful! Could u breath at all during recovery? Were u very congested? ( breathing through ur nose, I mean)

Thanks for sharing your experience!
I was congested but could still breathe somewhat through my nose. The more annoying thing was the feeling of my nose dripping but hanging on the nasal splint inside the nostril because I could not blow my nose. I used a whole box of q-tips that week to clean. But it was easy enough that I would do it again if I had to.