Phenomenal Surgeon, Incredible Staff, Life Changing Experience - Dallas, TX

I needed a revision rhinoplasty after a previous...

I needed a revision rhinoplasty after a previous one had left me without a bridge and with significant problems such as daily nosebleeds, excruciating pain in my face and breathing difficulty.

From my initial phone call to now post surgery I can say without doubt that Dr. Spencer Cochran and his staff are beyond the best. They are the most caring, thoughtful, intelligent and qualified team I could have ever hoped for. I am not from Dallas, I flew to Dr. Cochran's office for an in person consult which he requested, this also added to his professionalism. The entire visit from start to finish turned what was an anxiety ridden and emotionally painful expectation into something that I was actually feeling a touch of hope and excitement about. I didn't want to have to have surgery and I know very personally what it means to trust someone with something so delicate as my face.

His 3D imaging is revolutionary in this industry. It quelled my fears and helped me see what I would finally look like after the surgery. I immediately burst into tears seeing a face I hadn't seen in over 6 years. I was going to look like myself again and not only that, but the medical issues I was facing were going to experience a radical improvement. The relationship between doctor and patient is hopefully one built on trust and mutual respect. I felt listened to, I felt taken care of, I felt like every single person in that office was on my team and wanted what was best for me. I can't think of many other situations in a medical environment where I've felt that way.

The surgery went flawlessly. I am still healing as I went with his suggestion of using rib cartilage grafts but already I feel so much improvement in my breathing and how my face feels. I even have experienced a better sense of taste! Jane, his resident nurse, is outstanding and helped me feel like I wasn't forgotten and wasn't just a number after the surgery. She called multiple times to check in with me to see how I was doing and her care was unparalleled. Dr. Cochran and his team, especially Kim, Marilyn and Jane, are exemplary and I would hope that anyone who makes the choice to undergo this, or any other surgery his team offers, gets the chance to do so. He gave me a part of my life back and for that I will forever be grateful.

I'm now about 5 weeks post surgery and I have to...

I'm now about 5 weeks post surgery and I have to say it is beyond miraculous. Nobody could ever tell I had surgery so recently and am posting photographs so people who are considering this can see my personal progress. This may not be the case for every single person but I will say that with Dr. Cochran you will get the best results and I believe he is the best reconstructive surgeon out there. I did hours upon hours of research and had consultations and asked everyone I knew including other physicians and he has an absolutely sterling reputation. The proof is in the photographs. They are chronological from pre surgery to having the cast removed after one week to 3 weeks post surgery and now 5 weeks post surgery. Please feel free to email me if anyone has questions about any part of my procedure I'd be happy to help.

I also wanted to note that the cost of this...

I also wanted to note that the cost of this surgery was due to how significant it was as I had practically no nose left and it had to be entirely rebuilt inside and out and Dr. Cochran's surgical costs range from person to person. The cost I put down also included the hospital fees, medication and the visits to the office so the surgery itself was roughly 15k.

4 months in and the results continue to improve....

4 months in and the results continue to improve. It's settled more and feels like it is a real part of my face and not just something foreign stuck on there. Still feels a little hard due to the amount of cartilage that was necessary to add to it but it moves normally and the skin around my nostrils is feeling softer. Still can't believe how much improvement I feel with just my nasal passages being more open and the improvements I feel with my breathing.

Breathing continues to increase. I feel like it's...

Breathing continues to increase. I feel like it's really becoming part of my face now. It is much more malleable and the cartilage has settled and feels not nearly as stiff as it has been. Continued improvement. Here are more pictures!
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

If I could assign 10 stars I would. I chose Dr. Cochran based off of a referral from a surgeon in New York City.

You look great now, I'm very happy the Dr could fix it for you! Do you have any before pics before your first rhinoplasty?
Awesome revision! Do you have pics from before first surgery? The newest pictures look beautiful! :)
I am happy for you..
Beautiful and natural result, I'm so happy for you!
Wow, what an incredible result! Thank you so much for sharing your story. You look beautiful
Thank you so much Matilda! It was a long journey but I'm beyond grateful for the results :)
Wow, you look absolutely beautiful. Truly an amazing transformation.
Thank you Rosielee! Very sweet of you :)
Thank you so much for sharing your photos and your experience. You look wonderful!
Thank you Faith! I appreciate the kind words!
Wow what a great result! I am looking at get a nose job this year for the first time, I am interested to know what happened with your first surgery, I have noticed there seems to be a lot of people having revision surgery, I couldn't bear the thought of having surgery twice and I am wondering is this surgeon error, or is this a possible outcome of all nose jobs and a risk, or is it miscommunication about what it wanted. Thanks for any advice
Basically what happened with my first surgery was I didn't do proper research and went to a surgeon who was just an ENT (ear nose throat) surgeon and not a plastic surgeon as well. He was a referral from an internist I am no longer seeing. I think that if you do solid amounts of research and get more than one opinion you will be fine. I think the problem happens when people just settle because it's a feeling of desperation when you don't look like yourself and someone says they can help. Trust your gut! Good luck and I'm here for any other questions you may have.
How long was your surgery, because i need rib cartilage too and my surgery Will be in 2weeks and i'm really nervous about the pain from the chest .can you go to work after 2weeks and How is the pain. Thank you Your result is just amazing..
My surgery was about 3 hours long. I totally understand how you feel I was terrified. I hadn't ever had surgery anywhere else on my body except for my face so I had no idea what to expect. I will say that it's not as bad as I thought it would be but it is not super fun either. The worst part for me was the two weeks after the surgery whenever I had to cough or lift my body up. They have to cut your stomach muscles to gain access to the rib cartilage, they go through a few layers, etc. Just ice it like crazy after your surgery and TAKE IT EASY!!! I am someone who always wants to jump up and be back to normal after any sort of sickness or injury and with this I literally just caught up on my Netflix and read a lot of books. Be gentle with yourself. The incision site for me didn't really hurt it was more the healing and the weakness in my abdominals. I wish you the best of luck and I know you will be okay. I know it is scary so just remember to breathe and have someone you love there when you go into surgery and have someone there for when you wake up, it dramatically will make your experience less frightening to have someone there who can make you feel comfortable and have a laugh to get you out of your nervousness. Let me know how it goes!!! You'll be in my thoughts :)
Thank you very much. I will watch Tv and read for 2weeks. Hope my nose will not be too big after all the rib cartilage !! I will keep you posted after my revision. Thank you.
Thank goodness for wonderful surgeons such as yours. You look gorgeous now, and hopefully all your nosebleed and pain problems are behind you now. Enjoy!
Thank you so much!
My goodness! What a beautiful result. I hope I am as fortunate with my revision rhino, as I do not recognize the face staring back at me from the mirror. I long to look like me again! Do the rib grafts feel strange? Do you think the swelling is similar to that of your first rhino, or that it seems a bit more extensive? I am beginning to get consultations and sadly, cannot afford Dr. Cochran, but I would love to see him. Your nose looks very natural, and you look lovely. Congratulations!
Hi! Thank you so much I can't tell you how much this experience has given me. The rib grafts do feel slightly odd as it's a new piece of tissue in a different environment but I will say that it has settled in and felt more like "my" nose every single day. It takes time, the physical takes about a year I'd say from my previous experience it takes a long time emotionally to adjust to a new face. The swelling was significantly less than my first surgery. I attribute most of those problems to the first surgeon who was incompetent. I typically am a quick healer and I also followed Dr. Cochran's instructions religiously and took care of myself which I also think helped make it a better experience after the surgery. I would ask Dr. Cochran if he can't lower his cost for surgery if there is someone he could recommend possibly at a lower cost? Just a thought since he is well connected. Good Luck!!!
My god, what a Nice result. Your nose looks good and normal again, Cochran did a very Nice job. Happy for you.
Thanks very much!!!

Hey there,

I see all your ratings are one stars...strange. If you need help fixing that, please send me a PM.

Hi I changed it I hope it is showing up as the correct rating now (I'm not so great when it comes to technology my apologies)