38 Years Old - Lost Lots of Facial Volume After Bariatric Surgery - Dallas, TX

I've lost, as of this morning, 155.6 pounds. Wow....

I've lost, as of this morning, 155.6 pounds. Wow. So strange to write that!!

After always having been the "cute but fat" girl, I was very excited about my weight loss! At first, just the weight loss started to make me look years younger, but then I had lost so much volume in my face, that I had huge fat bags under my eyes and my nasolabial folds were extremely pronounced. I hated that I had this new body (which will require extensive plastic surgery later, but I look pretty good with clothes on), but my face always looked old and tired. I tried every product on the market to reduce the bags under my eyes, but nothing worked.

I had gone to another doctor in an anti-aging practice (they take a holistic approach) and since I trust him, I asked his opinion on fillers. He told me that there is no evidence that they are harmful and "you gotta maintain the cute". Lol

I made an appointment for a couple weeks later with Dr. Minshew-Shurr.

Let me tell you, this woman is an artist! Beyond that, she's just super cool. The whole process took about 2 hours, but she and I were chatting the entire time, so it probably wouldn't normally take as long.

Here are my pics as of today. We did radiesse at the tops of my cheeks and threaded some into the nasolabial folds. We also did some Botox which I have not included in the cost above.

I go back in 2 days for her to check on everything, perfect any assymetry and adjust my Botox since we started low until she could see how well my body metabolized it.

I did have a tiny bit of bruising, but nothing like I've seen from other folks on here.
Dr. Janiz Minshew-Shurr

LOVE HER! See above :)

You look amazing, I have similar complaints about my face and can only wish for the results you acheived. Great job on your self improvement!
Congrats! You look Fabulousa!!! Wow!! You look Beautiful !!! I mean totally AMAZING!!!
Oh my lord, you look gorgeous :) seriously im amazed by your results...seriously you look unbelievably good, and your results are remarkable. Whats your number? lol ;-) Once I see your results, it makes me wonder, how you looked the way u looked before? u look super tired, due to the sagging skin, puffy eyes and flat cheeks. Were you and are you a smoker? do you drink alcohol 2 times a week or more? are stressed out? or was it all genetics? How did you make sure you used the right doctor to do this? it looks like a simple procedure, but it needs a special precise physician to do what your doctor did.
Wow, you look amazing! Congrats on your hard work!
Really beautiful. So happy for u!
what an amazing result! You are beautiful!
Thank you, Claire! Continue to tell other women they are beautiful! It means so much more to hear that from another woman than from some creepy guy. Lol
Grats on your weight loss...that is an amazing feat! I just had a child and after dropping 20 lbs in the first two weeks and hitting a plateau a 4 pound weight loss in this past week finally is a huge victory for me...I can't imagine how amazingly proud you must feel to weigh so much less now! :)
Words cannot EXPRESS how wonderful it feels :). Thank you!
I have had this done a couple of times. My PS is great and I had very little bruising or swelling. I have been very happy with the results.
Nice to hear! Hate that it's getting a bad rap on here due to people injecting who have no idea what they're doing!